Panzer Corps Gold FAQ

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

Daniele
Slitherine
Slitherine

Panzer Corps Gold FAQ

Post by Daniele »

Panzer Corps Gold FAQ

1) What does Panzer Corps Gold include?
Answer: Panzer Corps Gold includes the original Panzer Corps Wehrmacht and all of its DLCs, including the standalone expansions Allied Corps, Soviet Corps, Afrika Korps.

2) Where can I find more information on Panzer Corps Gold?
Answer: You can find more info at its product page on Slitherine here <inserire link>. The product page on Steam will go live on February 6th 2020.

3) Will I be able to buy individual Panzer Corps DLCs after February 6th 2020?
Answer: No, it will only possible to acquire them as part of Panzer Corps Gold, and won’t be purchasable individually.

4) What about the standalones, Allied Corps, Soviet Corps, Afrika Korps? Are those going to be still available individually?
Answer: No, they are not going to be sold individually. Like the other DLCs, they will be part of Panzer Corps Gold.

5) I bought Panzer Corps or one of its DLCs on Matrix, do I get a discount?
Answer: No, you don’t get a discount by owning Panzer Corps or one of its DLCs. Instead, Panzer Corps Wehrmacht and all DLCs are discounted for everyone until February 6th 2020, so if you’d like to complete your collection you a few days to do it.

6) Will I be able to play the Panzer Corps game and DLCs I own after February 6th 2020?
Answer: Of course! They will still be in your library, you will still have access to your serials in your My Page section on the Slitherine / Matrix website, and you will be able to download all the installers and updates. If you own them on Steam, you will retain them in your Steam library, and you can still download, install and play them.
If you already own all of Panzer Corps DLCs, you don't miss anything from not owning Panzer Corps Gold.

7) Is Panzer Corps Gold available with a physical edition?
Answer: Yes. You can buy the physical edition of Panzer Corps Gold and you will receive it in a boxed edition and a single cd-dvd.

8) Why are you doing this?
Answer: Panzer Corps Wehrmacht has a lot of expansions. Seeing so many expansions might be quite intimidating and complex for a new player. By combining all the expansions in a single package we feel it will be much more simple for new players to enjoy Panzer Corps. Furthermore, the original price of Panzer Corps Gold reflected the huge amount of content included originally, but now after 9 years we feel that $79,99 might be a big barrier for any new potential player, so we wanted to offer a permanent price reduction.
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Re: Panzer Corps Gold FAQ

Post by PeteMitchell »

This could be relevant for people buying Panzer Corps Gold, just fyi:

viewtopic.php?f=146&p=827031
Comprehensive Battlefield Europe AAR:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=145&t=86481
Farre
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by Farre »

Can i play the all 18 campaigns with the same force?
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

Farre wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:31 pm Can i play the all 18 campaigns with the same force?
answer here:
viewtopic.php?f=121&t=96558#p839772
Shogun891
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Shogun891 »

Hi, I'm playing the Russians and I can't get the Romanians to change sides in the Battle for Romania no matter what I do.
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

Shogun891 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:13 am Hi, I'm playing the Russians and I can't get the Romanians to change sides in the Battle for Romania no matter what I do.
Did you check on youtube, e.g.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6H96BfLE40
Jorgusson
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Jorgusson »

Hi. recenlty I've bought PC Gold Editon on steam. But after installing it, game says that I have to buy DLC to play them. When I check files on my drive it appeared that DLC are in game directory, but I cant access them from game menu. Could you help me ??
glaude1955
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by glaude1955 »

Probably the DLCs are not listed in your Windows Data Registry.
Using Regedit.exe you can register the data.
Open HKEY_CURRENT_USER
Open Software
Open Slitherine
Open Panzer Corps
You must have a subdirectorie DLC
Open or create this directorie
For each DLC you must have an entry
For example on my computer which uses Windows XP I have the following data:
DLC1 valeur DLC1 my key for the Panzer corps logiciel.
DLC1_PATH path where my dlc is located on my hard drive
Exemple H:\\Program Files\\Slitherine\\Panzer Corps\\DLC\\GC39
URL PC_DLC_1
Version 1.30

Nota Bene : in your directory DLC1 (in Panzer Corps directory\DLC you must have a DLC 1.text file which contains only the number of your registration key

Hope this help

I have the CD version not the steam version
Regards

Yves
Jorgusson

Post by Jorgusson »

Thanks for info. I also think that it is problem in registry, but steam version have only GUID.txt with some number in it. Mayby it could be it, but I wonder what would be entry for steam version... I directed my problem to Tech Problems.
BarryDjenkins

Post by BarryDjenkins »

I owned the first base version of Panzer Corps and then bought the Gold edition when they were offered on sale a few years ago. My laptop was crashing a lot and I decided to upgrade to a solid state drive. The performance is excellent for Order of Battle and I didn't have any trouble downloading it and all the modules. However, when I tried to download the files for Panzer Corps I noticed that the Wehrmacht module was not in my account files and I was only able to download the Soviet, Allied and Afrika Corps modules.

How can I get the download for Wehrmacht?
Chrisgoeslive

Post by Chrisgoeslive »

Hello,

I originally bought the base game on steam a couple of years ago. I didn't buy any DLC.

Then panzer corps gold came out.

Now I would like to buy the gold package, but steam tells me I already have it, when in reality I only have the base game (I know this because there are only five 1941 campaigns and selecting the africa korps option takes me to a purchase page).
If I attempt to buy the gold package I get a warning from steam that this is a duplicate purchase and I wont get another copy of the game if I buy it.

So can you tell me how do I go about getting the Panzer Corps DLC on steam? there are no longer any option to buy the DLC separately, nor to buy the gold package as an upgrade (because steam treats my account as already having the gold package even though I have no DLC).

any help would be appreciated as I am rather unhappy about this situation.

thanks

Chris
dalfrede
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by dalfrede »

Chrisgoeslive wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:56 pm I originally bought the base game on steam a couple of years ago. I didn't buy any DLC.
If you buy PzC1 Gold from Slitherline, you get an auth code for Steam.
You may have to reenter the same code for each campaign, but you get all of them.
You can, but do not have to install the Slitherline version.
There comes a time on every project when it is time to shoot the engineer and ship the damn thing.
vasypapa

Post by vasypapa »

Hi,
like Jorgusson, i bought Panzer corps gold on Steam, and i can't play expansions (AfrikaCorps and others). I found a solution (maybe knew don't know), really really not user friendly :
- a modification in registry gives the possibility to play expansions, but this modification has to be made every time you change expansions :
- Regedit > HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Slitherine\Panzer Corps
- in ActiveExpansion, change the entry with the name of DLC (same name of directories in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Panzer Corps\Expansion2) :
- ak for Africa Korps,
- sc for Soviet Corps,
- ac for Allied Corps.
It seems to work. Is there a more user friendly solution ?
Thx.
Jorgusson

Post by Jorgusson »

I found this method on steam.
"tried this advice from different thread. Seems to be working, except I cant find afrika corps and soviet corps dlcs. Thanks Puavo

Puavo
vlastní Panzer Corps 22. úno. v 17.52
I had just the same problem with earlier Steam download, but solved it via tip from Slitherine's forums.

Create "Mods" -folder under C:\Users\[user]\Documents\My Games\Panzer Corps\
Copy all folders from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Panzer Corps\DLC (CG39-45 etc) into new mods -folder.

Then restart Panzer Corps, they are now found on right bottom side as user mods when New game is selected. Worked out just fine, Grand Campaign etc playable just as they should".
And I checked it worked for DLC :D . You have access to all Grand Campaigns from sixth icon (bottom third on the left)
ridilla2001
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Panzer Corps Gold

Post by ridilla2001 »

I have the scenario files for 1941 and 1939 what is the file path that I need to drop them into so I can play them? Also am looking for the 1941 single player file.

thanks
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

vasypapa wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:35 pm Hi,
like Jorgusson, i bought Panzer corps gold on Steam, and i can't play expansions (AfrikaCorps and others). I found a solution (maybe knew don't know), really really not user friendly :
- a modification in registry gives the possibility to play expansions, but this modification has to be made every time you change expansions :
- Regedit > HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Slitherine\Panzer Corps
- in ActiveExpansion, change the entry with the name of DLC (same name of directories in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Panzer Corps\Expansion2) :
- ak for Africa Korps,
- sc for Soviet Corps,
- ac for Allied Corps.
It seems to work. Is there a more user friendly solution ?
Thx.
I came across today this bug of the Steam version of Panzer Corps Gold where all the DLCs disappear...
If you play offline and launch the game from the shortcut on the desktop, all the DLCs have disappeared :shock:
But if you launch the game from the Steam application, all the DLCs reappear :o
caseyr101

Post by caseyr101 »

Yes! This one. Even if you bought the game on Steam before the 2020 Gold Release, the DLC content should be there. The files I found were all from 2017. Make sure the Mods folder is created where this poster indicated, which is a subdirectory of your own Documents/MyGames folder.

When you restart the game and select New Game, you will find a 'Folder' icon on the bottom right that says More Campaigns when you hover over it. The campaigns here are from all of the DLCs, they're just not branded per DLC. This was a simple and non-invasive process to activate DLC from a 2017 Steam Purchase.

Jorgusson wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:32 pm I found this method on steam.
"tried this advice from different thread. Seems to be working, except I cant find afrika corps and soviet corps dlcs. Thanks Puavo

Puavo
vlastní Panzer Corps 22. úno. v 17.52
I had just the same problem with earlier Steam download, but solved it via tip from Slitherine's forums.

Create "Mods" -folder under C:\Users\[user]\Documents\My Games\Panzer Corps\
Copy all folders from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Panzer Corps\DLC (CG39-45 etc) into new mods -folder.

Then restart Panzer Corps, they are now found on right bottom side as user mods when New game is selected. Worked out just fine, Grand Campaign etc playable just as they should".
And I checked it worked for DLC :D . You have access to all Grand Campaigns from sixth icon (bottom third on the left)
PanzerCro
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by PanzerCro »

If I beat vanila campaign on FM , does it unlock additional difficulty levels for Afrika Korps, Allied and Soviet as well ?
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

PanzerCro
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by PanzerCro »