Road Building?

Warhammer 40,000: Gladius Relics of War brings you to a world of terror and violence. Four factions will engage in a brutal war for dominance over the planets resources.
ScottWashburn
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Road Building?

Post by ScottWashburn » Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:36 am

I had (what I think is) a cool idea. How about letting builder units build roads in hexes they have cleared? Once a road was built then other units traveling on it do so at a faster rate.This would come in really useful on the large maps where your cities might be a LONG way from the scene of combat and it takes reinforcements forever to get to the front.

ErissN6
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2

Re: Road Building?

Post by ErissN6 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:37 am

This is not the scope of the game, at best roads should be sent down from space already built, there is no time to build them, it's not Civilization pace.

Alex20na
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Alex20na » Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:00 pm

ErissN6 wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:37 am
This is not the scope of the game, at best roads should be sent down from space already built, there is no time to build them, it's not Civilization pace.
Plus there is no way for the 40k races to build roads, they don't care at all about that...there was no instance in which any 40k race did that when fighting. Imagine the Tyranids...building roads? Nah bro...

ScottWashburn

Post by ScottWashburn » Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:16 am

They build towns and cities and factories and space ships, but they can't build roads? Somehow I don't think so :)

Alex20na
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Alex20na » Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:27 pm

ScottWashburn wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:16 am
They build towns and cities and factories and space ships, but they can't build roads? Somehow I don't think so :)
Don't take my words out of context bro. I just said that there is not even A SINGLE INSTANCE in which a 40k race build roads during a battle, so not lore friendly at all. Tyranids couldn't care less about building roads, Orks couldn't care less about building roads, Necrons couldn't care less about building roads, NOT EVEN A SINGLE 40K RACE COULD CARE LESS about building roads during a battle. I am a big 40k fan for years and everyday I read a lot of lore related stuff. You need roads to do what? You already got troop transport vehicles so use those to get the reinforcements to the front line.

Sorry if I offended you or if you thought I was a bit rude or harsh, not at all bro, it's just that it's not lore friendly and you already got ways to send reinforcements fast to the front lines. :D

pompeytheflatulent
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by pompeytheflatulent » Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:43 pm

An alternative solution to roads for late game traveling is to give tanks and APCs one more point of movement, but make them move even slower in jungles and ruins. Doesn't make much sense than vehicles are only 33% faster than infantry on foot traveling across open ground.

ScottWashburn

Post by ScottWashburn » Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:55 pm

Alex, not offended at all. But we seem to have a different view on just what a game of Gladius is all about. You seem to see it as a single battle, while I see it as a years long campaign. After all, cities are built and expanded, technology is developed and new vehicles and weapons constructed and deployed. That sort of thing takes years and years. Building roads would be child's play compared to all of that. I'm not suggesting we turn Gladius into a game of Civilization, but even the Romans knew that roads were a MILITARY asset and that's the main reason they built them.

ErissN6

Post by ErissN6 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:41 pm

ScottWashburn wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:16 am
towns and cities and factories and space ships, but they can't build roads?
Right, I would have say nothing :)

Return to “Warhammer 40,000: Gladius - Relics of War”