Suggestions for improving the Chinese version

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

mamahuhu
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Suggestions for improving the Chinese version

Post by mamahuhu » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:24 pm

Dear Panzer Corp 2 Development team:
First of all, congratulations on the release of Panzer corps 2.It's a great game!
As a Chinese player, we are so delighted to see that this game has been released in several editions including simplified Chinese. This is really a wise choice that it does increase the number of Chinese players.
However, we believe that the current Chinese translation is not accurate& professional and still needssome necessaryadjustment.
As legitimate buyer of this game,& loyal and enthusiastic players, we would like to provide our help to fix it if possible.
We hope that you can send us all the contents that need to be translated, the original English text and the current Chinese translation results in the format of text file.
We are willing to do the translation again by some professional Panzer Corp Chinese fans for free and will feedback the corrected translation results to your teamasap.
The updated simplified Chinese translation results can be issued as a patch file.
Looking forward to your reply .
I &my friend Morris had been beta testers for the game CEAW Grand Strategy for 10 years from 2010 .
Best wishes to Panzer Corp 2 .
My email address is: mamahuhu1976@163.com

coucoucoucou
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Re: Suggestions for improving the Chinese version

Post by coucoucoucou » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:44 am

Support.
The quality of the Chinese translation is so poor that some Chinese players are going to cancel their purchase until the translation problem is fixed.

naturesheva
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by naturesheva » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:54 am

Fully agreed.

As one member of the Chinese wargame community, I will say PzC was absolutely successful, mainly because we had put a lot of time on translation, not only the main game, but all DLCs.
And we were highly looking forward the lease of PzC2, with full offical Chinese localization. However, due to the current quality of translation, we noticed there are some negative reviews on steam complaining about the misleading and low quality translation.

We, as a community, are highly experienced on wargame localization, not only limited to PzC1 translation, and urgently wish to involved into the work of reviewing current localization file. The most important reason is to keep PzC 2 a popular and highly rated wargame for Chinese gamers. We all love the new features introuduced to PzC2 and believe this game is really a masterpiece in a lot of aspects.

Now, let's get the last piece fixed together in a short time, and hopefully this can booster the game sales in China.

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:01 pm

mamahuhu wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:24 pm
Dear Panzer Corp 2 Development team:
First of all, congratulations on the release of Panzer corps 2.It's a great game!
As a Chinese player, we are so delighted to see that this game has been released in several editions including simplified Chinese. This is really a wise choice that it does increase the number of Chinese players.
However, we believe that the current Chinese translation is not accurate& professional and still needssome necessaryadjustment.
As legitimate buyer of this game,& loyal and enthusiastic players, we would like to provide our help to fix it if possible.
We hope that you can send us all the contents that need to be translated, the original English text and the current Chinese translation results in the format of text file.
We are willing to do the translation again by some professional Panzer Corp Chinese fans for free and will feedback the corrected translation results to your teamasap.
The updated simplified Chinese translation results can be issued as a patch file.
Looking forward to your reply .
I &my friend Morris had been beta testers for the game CEAW Grand Strategy for 10 years from 2010 .
Best wishes to Panzer Corp 2 .
My email address is: mamahuhu1976@163.com
completely support ! It does need a patch to fix the transltion problem of Chinese version .

Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:43 pm

Hello All!

Thanks for feedback and for offering your help. We have got an update from our Chinese translators, which is supposed to be improved. It will be released together with the first patch. Let's see what's in there, and if it's still not good enough, we'll see how we can work together to improve it.

naturesheva

Post by naturesheva » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:35 pm

Rudankort wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:43 pm
Hello All!

Thanks for feedback and for offering your help. We have got an update from our Chinese translators, which is supposed to be improved. It will be released together with the first patch. Let's see what's in there, and if it's still not good enough, we'll see how we can work together to improve it.
That’s good to know. We are happy to share all the localization files we have done for PzC1, if it can provide some help.

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:08 am

Rudankort wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:43 pm
Hello All!

Great Thanks for your instant response during the coronavirus period !

We will check out the patch you mentioned & keep in touch . Please advise whenever it need any further improvement regarding to Chinese translation :D .

Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:23 am

Sure thing, the patch should go out somewhere this week, I'll keep you updated.

As for Panzer Corps translation, need to check with Slitherine, maybe they will want to release it together with the game?

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:32 am

Since some net work problem , Mr mamahuhu is not able to send reply by his own account , I just transfer his great thanks to the team which accept the adjustment of Chinese translation ! We will try our best to assist team to make this game perfect ! Looking forward to the latest patch ! :D

mamahuhu
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by mamahuhu » Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:28 pm

My network is fixed.

Thanks for your comments.

Looking forward to better translation results.

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:56 am

NIce job !

naturesheva

Post by naturesheva » Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:49 am

Rudankort wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:23 am
Sure thing, the patch should go out somewhere this week, I'll keep you updated.

As for Panzer Corps translation, need to check with Slitherine, maybe they will want to release it together with the game?
Hi Alex, I've just checked the latest patch, I'll say the amount of misleading translation has been significantly reduced. Thanks for the hard work, for whoever did this in such a short period of time.
However, there are still some obvious mistakes in the current version. It will be hard to collect all mistakes, without having the access to original txt files. If there is a chance we can get the txt version, we are happy to do a quick review and editing work.
Also, in all scenarios, strings like name of cities, rivers are still all in English. It will be great if this part can be translated as well. Otherwise people may get confused about objections in the missions.

Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort » Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:31 pm

naturesheva wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:49 am
Hi Alex, I've just checked the latest patch, I'll say the amount of misleading translation has been significantly reduced. Thanks for the hard work, for whoever did this in such a short period of time.
However, there are still some obvious mistakes in the current version. It will be hard to collect all mistakes, without having the access to original txt files. If there is a chance we can get the txt version, we are happy to do a quick review and editing work.
Also, in all scenarios, strings like name of cities, rivers are still all in English. It will be great if this part can be translated as well. Otherwise people may get confused about objections in the missions.
I'm happy to hear that Chinese translation has improved, but I don't doubt that there are things which could be improved further still. It's the same with Russian localization: base version is in place, but we still could do a lot of polishing.

I have exported and uploaded PO file for Chinese localization here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nkhb0cujen5ah ... e.zip?dl=0

PO files are what Unreal uses for localization. It's a text format which you can edit in any suitable text editor, but there are also special programs to work with it (e. g. poedit). Feel free to check it out and correct things which are wrong. Many thanks in advance for your help.

About the city names, they are included in the translation, but there is a problem with the game itself which prevents it from displaying localized names. Right now some other things (like performance and stability issues) have priority, but I'll look into this as soon as I can.

naturesheva

Post by naturesheva » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:54 pm

Rudankort wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:31 pm
naturesheva wrote:
I'm happy to hear that Chinese translation has improved, but I don't doubt that there are things which could be improved further still. It's the same with Russian localization: base version is in place, but we still could do a lot of polishing.

PO files are what Unreal uses for localization. It's a text format which you can edit in any suitable text editor, but there are also special programs to work with it (e. g. poedit). Feel free to check it out and correct things which are wrong. Many thanks in advance for your help.

About the city names, they are included in the translation, but there is a problem with the game itself which prevents it from displaying localized names. Right now some other things (like performance and stability issues) have priority, but I'll look into this as soon as I can.
Thanks heaps, Alex. We are on it now.
I do noticed map strings are included in the translation already.
All the best!

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris » Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:21 am

looking forward to the perfect translation from Mr Naturesheva's team !! It is really so necessary !!

naturesheva

Post by naturesheva » Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:33 pm

Hi Alex, I’m already half way through the review. I must say the current translation is already a relatively high quality work, except some use of word, especially military words and equipment common names. Also I’m not quite sure the person who did the Chinese localization had much experience in testing this game, because some game mechanisms are not quite accurately described. Anyways, the majority of the translations was on a relatively high standard, which is obviously done manually, not just through google translated. I strongly suggest to add the people’s names who did localization to Credits.

If everything going well, I shall be able to finish my review in a few days.

naturesheva

Post by naturesheva » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:55 am

Rudankort wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:31 pm
naturesheva wrote:

Hi Alex,

Finally we finished the review of the localization file, please find link below.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ry0uk7wxs5h4k ... d.zip?dl=0

Really looking forward to see if this can be included into the next patch. All the best~!!

Regards,

Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:08 pm

naturesheva wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:55 am
Hi Alex,

Finally we finished the review of the localization file, please find link below.

Really looking forward to see if this can be included into the next patch. All the best~!!

Regards,
This is great, thanks! Can you post the names of all people who worked on this, so they can be added to game's credits? :)

calmhatchery
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by calmhatchery » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:40 pm

China is taking over !!!! :)

naturesheva

Post by naturesheva » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:15 pm

Rudankort wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:08 pm
naturesheva wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:55 am
Hi Alex,

Regards,
This is great, thanks! Can you post the names of all people who worked on this, so they can be added to game's credits? :)
Thanks Alex, for the name, just me "Naturesheva" and "mamahuhu".
I will greatly thank the persons who did the current localization, for all the hard work they did in the last update. I think their names is more deserved to appear on credits, compare to the hours we spent on reviewing mainly.

Also, there might be something missing/mistaken from our review, we will constantly keep updating if things pop-up.

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”