River crossing

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

El_Condoro
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

River crossing

Post by El_Condoro » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:40 am

I am playing through Tutorial 4 with the river crossing and find it very strange that units can disembark and move but can't attack enemy units. I would have thought they would be able to, perhaps at a reduced strength.

Is this as intended?

Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Re: River crossing

Post by Kerensky » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:48 am

It's intended. Moving after disembarking is much welcome flexibility, but it doesn't need to be blatantly overpowered. Long range flight, same turn disembark with paratrooper, and attack a target? That's too much.

Besides, you shouldn't want to attack a unit while at reduced strength. They're going to return fire at full strength.

El_Condoro
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Re: River crossing

Post by El_Condoro » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:13 am

Sure, it just 'feels' strange. A unit has to start adjacent to the beach to be able to disembark and then it can move a long way inland but not attack units on the beaches? It certainly doesn't seem like an invasion - I would prefer an option: full move or 1/2 move and 1/2 strength attack or something like that. Anyway, enjoying the game, so onwards...

BTW: Does this mean a savvy player could line a coastline with weak units and prevent an invasion?

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”