Console release????

The Cylons have rebelled. The alliance of the Twelve Colonies falters. Take control of the Colonial Fleet and save humanity from an endless war.
scrapps898
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Console release????

Post by scrapps898 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:25 am

Why is there no date for console release? Atleast not one I have searched for. Instead we get the extremely vague “few weeks after PC release on 25th”. Why isn’t there a date? I wish it didn’t take so long to happen..... but even if it was going to be 4,5,8,15 weeks, atleast you could know when it became available and put a stop to the constant checking of the store/update multiple times a day. Great game and I can’t get enough of it but I don’t understand that. Resurrection had a console release date? Why not this?

iE8Flak4Breakfast
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Re: Console release????

Post by iE8Flak4Breakfast » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:43 pm

Hi Scrapps, I believe they haven't set a console date because on the release of resurrection there were a number of significant bugs for console. So this time round they're wanting to release something that is less likely to have bugs in it/ not have a repeat of resurrection problems, therefore not having a set date. With PC its possible to release a version one day, then if its buggy to release a patch the next day. As far as I've read from different discussion on the BSG deadlock discord, on console due to xbox and playstation stores, its a much more difficult process and can take atleast at week for xbox/ playstation to process the update and publish it. I don't know if being such a small games development company provides additional hurdles. I know there are some bugs currently affecting the PC version from ghost fleet release, so I doubt they'll be able to port until they've tracked those bugs down on PC first.

If they set a date then weren't able to keep it due to the release being over buggy it would frustrate people more than a set date I think. Sufficed to say they're a small team of I think 6 people but will be working hard to bring it to console asap. They recently hired a console programmer, so hopefully this will help on the console side of things.

I have asked on the discord previously if they could use the game update service on xbox to be able to update / bug fix on the go, but didn't get a specific reply. I think it would be helpful if the devs (either directly or via slitherine) could outline some of the specific hurdles to console release, so that we can understand more where some of the roadblocks come from. What I've written above has been from discussion with other BSG discord members rather than info directly from devs or slitherine.

I understand wanting the release though, as I'm on xbox and am looking forward to ghost fleet and the fleet admiral update.
Lt. Williams
Battlestar Vanguard
BSG-44

scrapps898

Post by scrapps898 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:26 am

Thank you for the info, and I know you are right with every point.... it’s just hard to wait without a timeframe, probably one of my favorite games ever so the anticipation and frustrations with waiting are multiplied every single time I see anything related to the game and new content

iE8Flak4Breakfast

Post by iE8Flak4Breakfast » Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:10 pm

Welcome. With the recent PC patch hopefully it means the console release will be soon to follow. At least the console update runs parallel to PC, if somewhat delayed. My console version of Stellaris is pretty terribly behind compared to the PC's current version.
Lt. Williams
Battlestar Vanguard
BSG-44

iE8Flak4Breakfast

Post by iE8Flak4Breakfast » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:12 pm

Update from Devs today on public BSG Deadlock Discord announcements page-

https://discord.gg/bsgdeadlock
Attachments
BSG Dev Update 7th April 20.png
BSG Dev Update 7th April 20.png (155.76 KiB) Viewed 576 times
Last edited by iE8Flak4Breakfast on Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lt. Williams
Battlestar Vanguard
BSG-44

scrapps898

Post by scrapps898 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:29 am

Thank you. Glad it’s finally been stated officially even though that took far too long to acknowledge. I can now wait more patiently knowing why

Return to “Battlestar Galactica Deadlock”