Your favourite advanced difficulty settings?

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

Ursulet
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: Your favourite advanced difficulty settings?

Post by Ursulet » Wed May 20, 2020 12:20 pm

goose_2 wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 2:33 pm
PanzerCro wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 11:02 am

Best of all time in my opinion
Well...in turn based games ...I would put it in top3 of all time. For me Panzer General 1 is the best simply because I was way more emotionally attached to this game, I started to play it as 11yr old kid as absolute noob, and slowly got better and better and finally finished game in 2000. as 14/15 yr old. I beat every campaign on major victory and every campaign with every possible (victorious) outcome.

Panzer General 2 would be second because game looked graphical nicer while classic gameplay was there. Plus, with PG 2 it was first time we got bunch of mods and user-made campaigns (as original campaigns in the game were very short)

And on 3rd place would be Panzer Corps, due to it's unmatched replayability value.

:)
Oh Wow! I am really getting a taste of old school, and interesting to see peoples ages when they first played PG. I played PG too, but as an adult on my brother's playstation. I quickly learn to play it at the hardest levels and eventually even played the game on Ultimate General giving the ai 5 Stars of Experience and 500% on prestige. I would always get bored right at the end when you get to the US. 1 Scenario where you play against and defeat the US in one mighty blow always left me going, "meh".

I also played PG2 but did not nor still do not understand how to apply mods to my computer. :oops: :oops: :oops: :cry: :evil:

So my first time playing PC around Christmas 2014 I played the first Polish scenario and went straight to Norway I was disappointed because I remembered fondly the 2 scenarios in PG in Poland before going to Norway. So I splurged for the entire Grand Campaign 39-45 East and West. 11 Scenarios comprising the Polish and Norwegian Campaign? Oh Yes! Sign me up.

Then the real magic happened when I pressed the mp button and joined an open game on the accept a challenge tab, and then set up my own open games on the issue a challenge. A whole new world opened up for me, and now almost 6 years later I am still hooked. I try other games from time to time, but find myself missing the simplicity, yet complexity of good ole PC. It is my most consistent game joy I have ever had, for crying out loud, thanks to Night Phoenix taking a short hiatus I ended up getting my own youtube channel. Now everybody and their dog are playing PC2 and has a channel up. I may explore PC2 but as of the beta and my computers trouble handling of the interface I see myself sticking with good ole PC.

I am still thinking of new and different ways to play this great game, and so many of these maps are so well thought out that you cannot help but want to try them again and again. I still get excited everytime I get a +1 movement on an AA or artillery unit. I am a sap, but just can't help myself.

Still enjoying my PC shirt and love, love, love showing it off.
[/quote]

Well, you are not alone, i keep playing the old game, my all time favorite. Currently, playing on rommel, watching the videos from Braccada and Lt_Joker, and reaing your comments. When lt_joker goes reckless and gets punished by the soviets, i sometimes burst into laughter as he yells so much, this is quite fun. They both have their own style. I played the GC many times but never reached Berlin, its gets boring in 44...

goose_2
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017

Post by goose_2 » Wed May 20, 2020 2:22 pm

captainjack wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 6:20 am
I can't help with the shirt, but I agree with PanzerCorps replay value.
I started with PanzerGeneral Forever probably in about 2010, and had to play with weather off because I couldn't cope with it. I've been playing Panzer Corps since about 2012 and still enjoy playing, though I've never finished 45 East - I'm usually too exhausted by 44 East to carry on! Though I struggle severely with less than 60% prestige and experience (70% is plenty) and even +1 enemy strength is hard, I like self-imposed challenges like semi-historical unit structures and restricted upgrades. One day - don't hold your breath though - I will finally finish off my British and French mods. I'll probably be competing with Panzer Corps 3 by then. I might even find enough time to risk a multiplayer game after that.

Cap'n...can I get your input on this question.

You know that my sweet spot playstyle appears to be Double Rommel or 25% prestige...so which would you prefer to see

a playthrough at Double Rommel starting in 1944 or starting in 1945 with non imported core?
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ

goose_2

Post by goose_2 » Wed May 20, 2020 2:25 pm

I would love anyones thoughts on this question, double Rommel in 1944 or 45? I was thinking 45 but I have heard a lot of feedback that 44 is when it gets impossible.
goose_2

Ursulet
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Ursulet » Wed May 20, 2020 3:40 pm

Double rommel, but shy not starting in 39?

PeteMitchell
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by PeteMitchell » Wed May 20, 2020 3:49 pm

Ursulet wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 3:40 pm
Double rommel, but shy not starting in 39?
I might be wrong but I think he had done/started more than that already... e.g. compare here:
viewtopic.php?t=85414

The issue/challenge with double Rommel starting in 44 or 45 is you have to start with the relatively weak "set army/force composition" given to you by the game... I expect this to be more difficult than being able to build up your own army from 39 onwards (e.g. re experience gain, etc.)
Comprehensive Battlefield Europe AAR:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=145&t=86481

Ursulet
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Ursulet » Wed May 20, 2020 8:06 pm

I see. I play on rommel, i find it easier than FM. The levels of difficulty goose plays on are just too insane for me.

goose_2

Post by goose_2 » Wed May 20, 2020 9:37 pm

:lol: :wink:
Ursulet wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 8:06 pm
I see. I play on rommel, i find it easier than FM. The levels of difficulty goose plays on are just too insane for me.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:
goose_2

Ursulet
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Ursulet » Thu May 21, 2020 9:49 pm

Have you considered Other types of challenges? Like prestige is set to 33% and you are not allowed to use elite reinforcement. By 43, thatmight get tricky.

goose_2

Post by goose_2 » Thu May 21, 2020 10:46 pm

Ursulet wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 9:49 pm
Have you considered Other types of challenges? Like prestige is set to 33% and you are not allowed to use elite reinforcement. By 43, thatmight get tricky.
From time to time I find myself thinking about various possible challenges, no elite replacements and no overstrength have been ones I have considered, but I have not had time to really invest in considering different difficulty settings let alone find time to play them. Right now I am way too busy to even find time to play, which has been frustrating, but we all get super busy, so better to be busy then the opposite ;)
goose_2

captainjack
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by captainjack » Fri May 22, 2020 2:15 am

Hi goose2,
I think that trying 45 with whatever core you are give and either double Rommel or whichever gives the enemy +5 strength would be interesting because you would have the additional challenges of not choosing your force composition, not having done any hero and experience farming and not being familiar with your force. It should keep you on your toes.

Ursulet
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Ursulet » Sat May 23, 2020 7:52 pm

I have started a custom setting. 75% prestige, +2 strength AI. I failed to get a decisive at Lodz. I would have needed one more round, or 2. I have been punished badly by the polish cavalry. I need to study braccada's strategy on manstein.

Ursulet
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Ursulet » Sat May 23, 2020 10:24 pm

I just did piateK, i bought a 88 And got more than 50 kills, i had a hard time down south but i managed a decisive victory. I can see now how quick heroes will come but i will stop it there, i am pretty sure i wont be able to cope with 41 and so on. Even canal albert would be hell.

Return to “Panzer Corps”