Defenders of the Reich scenario

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

Horseman
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Defenders of the Reich scenario

Post by Horseman » Sat May 23, 2020 2:23 pm

First attempt- utter fiasco! Hindered in part by me not even noticing my forces in Berlin were encircled at the beginning :lol: :oops:

10 turns into attempt number 2 and going much better (I actually sent relief forces to Berlin this time :lol: )

The aerial battle over Berlin has been epic - the western allies and Soviets are tearing huge chunks out of eachother.

Still - this is the first scenario I've had to restart :D

BaronVonWalrus
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: Defenders of the Reich scenario

Post by BaronVonWalrus » Sat May 23, 2020 3:24 pm

I have some sort of Downfall-style vision of it now. I'm sure it was all Fegelein's fault.

Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky » Sat May 23, 2020 7:54 pm

It is designed to be too hard to complete the first time you attempt it.

It's also designed to slightly change every time you restart it. While this doesn't hugely affect the air battle, it can dramatically alter what happens on the ground. The biggest indicator of this is when you do, or don't, see a large American offensive relatively early in the scenario. Or when the Elite get waves changed up.

Good luck, have fun!

Horseman

Post by Horseman » Sun May 24, 2020 6:40 am

There's a real decision in what/how much needs to go to Berlin and what snags depots.......

Plus you need to keep the supply open to Berlin.

Turn 15 and 3 "slightly" OS conscript units heading for Berlin :shock:

My handful of Panzers defending Berlin are about to put in some over time!

Retributarr
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by Retributarr » Sun May 24, 2020 10:01 pm

"Berlin!!!"... Beginning of an End!... or???... the End of a Beginning?:

Historically!... 'the story is that'...
"Hitler" shot himself and had his butler... or whom-ever... douse his body with gasoline and then set it on fire. So far!... 'that body' that is supposed to be 'Hitlers' has not ever proven to actually have been his???.

In a recent television series entitled... "Hunting Hitler"... there is quite strong circumstantial evidence or proof that "Hitler" escaped Berlin and made his way to South-America. "In-fact"... in this series... they provide a few individuals that confirm his identity... that "Hitler" was out and about in that region.

If we ever get beyond the 'End of WWII in Europe'... and delve into the possible hypothetical... as the T.V. series showed... another set-up of the Reich... in-fact... a 4th-Reich was in the process of being organized. The plan basically was to use Atomic-Weapons as well as Chemical Weapons to force the U.S.A. to knuckle under.

So!... depending on how the defender of 'Berlin' does in the scenario... "Defenders of the Reich"... you will at last have been vanquished in the defence of Berlin... or an opportunity... will have been presented or created... for or by-which the leadership could make their get-a-way!. Then!... it continues... .

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”