Region Decisions - Not Getting New Ones Any More

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

defekt
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Region Decisions - Not Getting New Ones Any More

Post by defekt » Sat May 23, 2020 8:05 pm

Are new regional decisions supposed to 'run out', as in you don't get any more?

I frequently reached the point where I'm informed that I must spend a decision in order to receive more. This usually happens when I'm sitting on ten-or-so. Seems fair. However, after a string of rebellions and uprisings, which I managed to recover from (just), I'm now continually receiving the 'spend to get more decisions' message every turn. I'm now down to just three unspent but every turn I still get the 'spend more to get more' message and no more region decisions are arriving.

Is this WAD?

defekt

Re: Region Decisions - Not Getting New Ones Any More

Post by defekt » Sun May 24, 2020 12:41 pm

A change in government type has unlocked new regional decisions. (I spent down to just two remaining but was unable to spend those just to see if emptying the pool would re-enable the receipt of more.)

It seems that there might well be some sort of limiting mechanic per government type.

travling_canuck
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by travling_canuck » Sun May 24, 2020 1:13 pm

It makes sense that lower tier governments would get fewer Regional Decisions than larger empires, so I can understand the spiral of getting a smaller MAX than your current available decisions.

I'm concerned, however, about whether you could get trapped in Regional Decisions that you can't spend, either because of no eligible region or a lack of resources to spend on triggering them? The X number of turns until expiry mechanic has already been used for National Decisions, so wouldn't necessarily be appropriate for Regional Decisions. I'm wondering, though, whether there should be some other mechanic to let you eliminate unusable Regional Decisions, but without giving you a way to easily and cheaply cycle through Regional Decisions to get to the one you want?

defekt

Post by defekt » Sun May 24, 2020 2:43 pm

I do often end up with a stack of regional decisions that are unusable/useless and they are indeed 'taking up space' that could be used by more useful decisions. Even so, there's usually at least something that's useful. Some sort of mechanic to clear out useless decisions should exist rather than leaving them to sit there, taking up space, in perpetuity.

The failure to receive _any_ new decisions does seem to be a bug. I was down to three unspent (useless) decisions and yet every turn I was being told to 'spend more to get more'. Only changing government type seemed to clear the blockage.

Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus » Mon May 25, 2020 8:38 am

Depending of your civilization level, you can be stopped at 8 or 16 decisions. Avoid being decadent also :wink:
AGEOD Team - Makers of Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.

defekt

Post by defekt » Mon May 25, 2020 9:33 am

Pocus wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 8:38 am
Depending of your civilization level, you can be stopped at 8 or 16 decisions. Avoid being decadent also :wink:
I get that, and understand that (even tho the 8/16 limit is news to me), but the maximum allowable unspent wasn't the problem.

The problem was not getting any more Regional Decisions (RDs) and yet each round still receiving the 'spend more to get more' message. I was Decadent at the time - some 40 turns of not getting any more RDs. Does being Decadent stop you from receiving any more RDs? Because as soon as I left Decadent the very next turn, and almost every turn thereafter, they started arriving again. Is this another 'hidden*' rule?

* Fully accepting that it might be written down somewhere and I just missed it.

Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus » Mon May 25, 2020 2:24 pm

The two are linked, being decadent lowered your maximum limit so you got the message to spend some if you wanted a renewal. When you left the decadent state, the limit was upped and so you could receive new ones.
AGEOD Team - Makers of Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.

defekt

Post by defekt » Mon May 25, 2020 2:32 pm

Pocus wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 2:24 pm
The two are linkeds, being decadent lowered your maximum limit so you got the message to spend some if you wanted a renewal. When you left the decadent state, the limit was upped and so you could receive new ones.
Okay, that makes sense - Decadent governments should struggle.

Is that limit two, or even just one? Because I was down to my last two RDs and I was still being told to spend more to get more, even tho more never arrived. Perhaps that message is misleading when in a Decadent government.

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”