The 'Flyer' trait

Forum for the strategy game set during the 2nd War for Armageddon.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators, WH40K Armageddon moderators

supercarl
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

The 'Flyer' trait

Post by supercarl » Sun May 31, 2020 2:09 am

Pretty sure I'm getting into a game so old that I'll be lucky to get any kind of response, but I've recently been playing around with making my own campaign. I've done exhaustive testing on the 'flyer' trait and I think I can safely say that no version of the game or mod that I've tested actually adds evasion to the flyer trait. I understand that the general consensus on flyers in the base game is "too fragile" and I'm fairly certain this is why. I've scoured the internet at this point to see if anyone else has ever said this or asked about it, and didn't find anything very in-depth.

This is a very straight-forward example of what I mean. I've done far more than just that to test this though, this is just the easiest to explain in one image. So my question is: does anyone have any idea how to potentially fix this? I've seen that the community mod that dorenzo maintained had made changes to flyers a few times, but when testing his mod, I find the 'flyer' trait seems no different; it does nothing. Perhaps there is some major oversight I've made many times in my testing, or perhaps it's a 'works on my machine' anomaly. If anyone else had/can test this or has some experience or knowledge or anything that could possibly address this issue, I would be very grateful.

deranzo
Warhammer Designer
Warhammer Designer

Re: The 'Flyer' trait

Post by deranzo » Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:23 am

I will check what does Flyer trait do exactly again.
By then, can you please check weapons with AA trait like Icarus Stormcannon on Stalker. That is an AA weapon and it should do more damage to units with Flyer trait.
it is a good day to die

Return to “Warhammer® 40,000® Armageddon™”