Multiple Officers per Fleet

The Cylons have rebelled. The alliance of the Twelve Colonies falters. Take control of the Colonial Fleet and save humanity from an endless war.
prithupaul
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Multiple Officers per Fleet

Post by prithupaul » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:07 am

Is it now possible to put multiple officers in a single fleet in this game? E.g. one in each ship.

Commander Scott
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: Multiple Officers per Fleet

Post by Commander Scott » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:35 am

Unfortunately not, Paul. You can now choose a flagship for each fleet (except Fleet Group Daidalos and BSG-75) however, to make the most of an officer's skillset.

Speaking personally, I'd love to be able to have more than one officer in a fleet, especially when Galactica joins Daidalos for missions. Leaving Silas Nash orphaned from his own ship has always very felt wrong to me, and the Anabasis mode demonstrates that the engine is capable of supporting more than one officer in a fleet when called for.
So Say We All!

prithupaul

Post by prithupaul » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:47 am

I absolutely agree. Its disappointing they have not made this relatively simple improvement after two seasons of updates.

With officers bringing a degree of customization to each ship, they would have felt more like a ship commanded by humans instead of another machine duplicate.

Not to mention, it would have allowed players to maintain a roster of officers per fleet. When the fleet leader died, another levelled up officer from that fleet would have taken his place, like in a real-world navy. I remember this was a problem in the base game - high level officers were near impossible to replace because rest of the fleets and ships are run by ghosts.

Commander Scott
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Commander Scott » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:54 am

I remember those dark days all too well. Even now, assigning a new recruit to the remains of an endgame fleet stretches the imagination a bit. I've long thought that even just having a fleet XO would be a step in the right direction in that regard. At least then, like you say, you'd have the next officer in the chain of command ready to step up, and in the midst of a battle that's going sideways, the new leader could completely change the dynamics.

To be fair though, when they introduced ship veterancy, it did give different ships of the same type a bit more individuality for a while. Of course, once for example, a wolfpack of Manticore's have all reached the elite level, they're indistinguishable from one another again. Having CO's aboard those ships could certainly spice things up, and perhaps more importantly, give a reason to recruit officers that don't have the Commanding Officer, CAG or Marine General skillsets.

Sadly, I think we're nearing the end of Deadlock. The next expansion is called Armistice, so unless they plan to add about a dozen new ships to tell the story of the fall, I think we're unlikely to see any more significant improvements beyond what's on the road map.
So Say We All!

Return to “Battlestar Galactica Deadlock”