Elephant turning to face LH

Field of Glory II is a turn-based tactical game set during the Rise of Rome from 280 BC to 25 BC.
Cunningcairn
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Elephant turning to face LH

Post by Cunningcairn » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:08 am

Playing with the latest update one of my elephants was charged in the flank by a LH that stayed in combat. In my turn my elephant turned to face the LH. Is this supposed to happen?

DanZanzibar
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: Elephant turning to face LH

Post by DanZanzibar » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:59 am

It’s only supposed to not happen now if they would be vulnerable to charge from non light next turn. If they're not vulnerable they should turn like they always have.

Edit: flank charge from non light

melm
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by melm » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:33 pm

The models show changing facing but actually they are not facing the LH since the banner facing has not changed. The same for cavalry.

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:55 pm

Yes, the banner shows the actual unit facing. Normally only the nearest models turn to face if the unit does not turn, but obviously for units like elephants with a single model, the model turns to face, as do all the models in a single rank cavalry unit if attacked in the rear.
Richard Bodley Scott

Cunningcairn

Post by Cunningcairn » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:21 pm

rbodleyscott wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:55 pm
Yes, the banner shows the actual unit facing. Normally only the nearest models turn to face if the unit does not turn, but obviously for units like elephants with a single model, the model turns to face, as do all the models in a single rank cavalry unit if attacked in the rear.
Thank you. I think I understand but to be sure is the following the way it should happen. This is what happened is in the next round. My elephant fought the LH and it fragmented and withdrew after which my elephant was facing the facing the fragmented LH. This means the LH charge had successfully turned my elephant's facing.

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:30 pm

Cunningcairn wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:21 pm
rbodleyscott wrote:
Thank you. I think I understand but to be sure is the following the way it should happen. This is what happened is in the next round. My elephant fought the LH and it fragmented and withdrew after which my elephant was facing the facing the fragmented LH. This means the LH charge had successfully turned my elephant's facing.
They only don't turn if there is a non-light enemy unit that could charge them in the flank next turn if they did turn.
Richard Bodley Scott

Cunningcairn

Post by Cunningcairn » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:20 pm

rbodleyscott wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:30 pm
Cunningcairn wrote:
rbodleyscott wrote:
They only don't turn if there is a non-light enemy unit that could charge them in the flank next turn if they did turn.
I'll check when I get the move back. This game in question might have started before the mod was introduced. Would it then still comply with the old rules?

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:04 pm

Cunningcairn wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:20 pm
rbodleyscott wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:30 pm
Cunningcairn wrote:

I'll check when I get the move back. This game in question might have started before the mod was introduced. Would it then still comply with the old rules?
No
Richard Bodley Scott

Return to “Field of Glory II”