8.4.4 Editor Problem with Cropping

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

conboy
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

8.4.4 Editor Problem with Cropping

Post by conboy » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:11 am

I have a problem with cropping -- when I crop a scenario, it removes important bits of information in the triggers.
The screenshot 49 is the trigger before cropping. The > sign is very important. When I crop the map, the > sign goes away and the trigger actuates when you start the scenario, as shown in the screenshot 50.
This is the least of the problems with cropping function that I have encountered, but it is the easiest to illustrate.
I would put the pictures in-line, but the forum won't let me do that without fouling that, but that is not the issue under discussion.
Here is the link to the scenario --
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ttms1nosh ... g.zip/file
Check the trigger, crop it #crop 60 80 0 0 , and the trigger goes wicked.

thanks in advance!
conboy
Attachments
Screenshot 50.jpg
Screenshot 50.jpg (407.88 KiB) Viewed 65 times
Screenshot 49.jpg
Screenshot 49.jpg (389.95 KiB) Viewed 65 times

GabeKnight
Major-General - Jagdtiger
Major-General - Jagdtiger

Re: 8.4.4 Editor Problem with Cropping

Post by GabeKnight » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:54 am

I'm no expert with this and you should probably wait for Erik's or Bruce's take on this issue, but my preliminary guess would be, that cropping the map from the "wrong" side/edge may result in a renumbering of the hexes of the map. I think that (0,0) is in the lower left corner. Now, if you cut from "below" or "left", the origin of the coordinate system changes. And this could lead to problems with the "target hex" settings inside the triggers, pointing to coordinates "outside" the map. That's my guess at least.

Erik2
Order of Battle Moderator
Order of Battle Moderator

Re: 8.4.4 Editor Problem with Cropping

Post by Erik2 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:35 am

Triggers using map locations that are cropped will be compromised. You really need to go through every trigger and check.

Also, txt info like map locations. briefings etc will disappear. But you can restore them by copying the text_english.txt from the generated _crop folder to your scenario folder.

Cropping a large number of hexes often fail. I usually crop in stages of <10 hexes whenever I want to remove a large pieces of the map.

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Tech Support”