Ghost Fleet Offensive - Thoughts

The Cylons have rebelled. The alliance of the Twelve Colonies falters. Take control of the Colonial Fleet and save humanity from an endless war.
fisher2000
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Ghost Fleet Offensive - Thoughts

Post by fisher2000 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:38 pm

So I have been meaning to make this post for a while, now I have finally found some downtime I figured I would make this post.

I have beaten the whole game including the latest DLC and the ghost fleet offensive was a really great one. The story had me gripped from the beginning all the way through to the end. All I really have to say about this DLC is: Thank you DEVS for doing the Blood & Chrome era some justice! This is what the tv movie should have been.

As you can probably tell, I'm not a huge fan of B&C, the story is solid, a lot of good scenes got cut, but I have nit-picks with mainly the visuals. The devs have done a magnificent job in rectifying some mistakes that happened with the VFX on the show such as the Osiris using her missile pods as point defense canons, the Galactica CIC, and of course explaining the whereabouts of the Galactica during this time period. I think it was a good move not introducing the Valkyrie during this DLC. I still find it hard to believe that the ship being as advanced as it should, is serving in the fleet at this point. Maybe it is possible but surely it can't be the same ship we saw during "hero" can it?

One thing is for sure I would have liked to have seen the MKIII viper, I have no doubt that the team would fix the inconsistencies with the size of the viper to make it fit in the launch tubes. I also love that the devs reached out to the creator of the defender to ask permission to make the ship in the game! This is the type of love that sustains a franchise, It gives me a glimmer of hope that the Battlestar Theseus maybe added one day.

To summerise - I think this is possibly close to being one of the best DLC's yet for the game. if you haven't got it, you should!

Big shout out to all of the people involved giving this game the love and attention it deserves! - from a huge fan of the franchise (both old and new) thank you! you've done a great job!

blacklab
Black Lab Studios
Black Lab Studios

Re: Ghost Fleet Offensive - Thoughts

Post by blacklab » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:37 am

Thanks fisher, the team really appreciates your kind words. So say we all!
Paul Turbett - Game Director - Black Lab Games
twitter.com/blacklabgames

Return to “Battlestar Galactica Deadlock”