Unable to re-assign a general

Field of Glory II is a turn-based tactical game set during the Rise of Rome from 280 BC to 25 BC.
Cunningcairn
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D

Unable to re-assign a general

Post by Cunningcairn » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:53 pm

This is my first move. Without having moved units with generals only one of the four, a sub can reassign the general to another unit. Why would that be?
Assigning general.jpg
Assigning general.jpg (497.4 KiB) Viewed 753 times

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: Unable to re-assign a general

Post by rbodleyscott » Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:11 am

Insufficient data I fear.

Did the crossed out general icon show any tooltip?

If something like that happens again, please save the game and we can take a look.
Richard Bodley Scott

pompeytheflatulent
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by pompeytheflatulent » Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:22 pm

If you moved generals during deployment, the game won't let you move generals again on the first turn. The pop-up tool should say that the general has already moved this turn.

Athos1660
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by Athos1660 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:35 pm

If you moved generals during deployment, the game won't let you move generals again on the first turn. The pop-up tool should say that the general has already moved this turn.
I've never encountered this problem during SP games with both current v. 1.5.30 and 1.5.31 (or previous ones).

Cunningcairn

Post by Cunningcairn » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:02 pm

rbodleyscott wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:11 am

If something like that happens again, please save the game and we can take a look.
Not sure Richard I will save the game if it happens again. Would it help saving it in my next turn?

Cunningcairn

Post by Cunningcairn » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:06 pm

pompeytheflatulent wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:22 pm
I'm unsure what you mean. I do sometimes move my generals during deployment and then again in the first turn. What happened here I've not experienced before and one of the subs allowed the general to be moved to another unit.

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott » Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:34 am

Cunningcairn wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:02 pm
rbodleyscott wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:11 am

Not sure Richard I will save the game if it happens again. Would it help saving it in my next turn?
No, and if it is MP you can't send me the save anyway.
Richard Bodley Scott

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott » Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:35 am

Athos1660 wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:35 pm
I've never encountered this problem during SP games with both current v. 1.5.30 and 1.5.31 (or previous ones).
If that is a thing, it would only affect side B, who gets to deploy and move in their first turn.

Sounds like that might be the explanation.
Richard Bodley Scott

Athos1660

Post by Athos1660 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:04 am

Ok ! Logical. Thanks for the clarification.

Cunningcairn

Post by Cunningcairn » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:29 pm

rbodleyscott wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:35 am
Athos1660 wrote:
If that is a thing, it would only affect side B, who gets to deploy and move in their first turn.

This assignment of general issue has now happened twice after deployment in different games. In this game I wanted to assign my general to the disrupted horse archer on my left flank so had moved my general a few times to get closer so I could assign it undoing the moves as I could not. I then tried to assign it to the closest unit as per the attached picture. Is it because I'm too far away?
Assigning general 2.jpg
Assigning general 2.jpg (649.45 KiB) Viewed 535 times

kronenblatt
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by kronenblatt » Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:09 pm

Cunningcairn wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:29 pm
rbodleyscott wrote:
Athos1660 wrote:

This assignment of general issue has now happened twice after deployment in different games. In this game I wanted to assign my general to the disrupted horse archer on my left flank so had moved my general a few times to get closer so I could assign it undoing the moves as I could not. I then tried to assign it to the closest unit as per the attached picture. Is it because I'm too far away?
Assigning general 2.jpg
Do you get any tooltip message when hovering over the crossed-over transfer general icon?
:!: Happy to finally having discovered Field of Glory II! :!:

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:25 pm

kronenblatt wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:09 pm
Do you get any tooltip message when hovering over the crossed-over transfer general icon?
That is the key question isn't it.
Richard Bodley Scott

Cunningcairn

Post by Cunningcairn » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:40 pm

kronenblatt wrote:
Cunningcairn wrote:
rbodleyscott wrote:

Assigning general 2.jpg
No

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:59 pm

The only thing I can suggest is that you try to make this happen in a SP game, save it, ZIP the save and attach it here.

You would also need to list the steps you took to reproduce the issue.

We can't properly investigate anomalies in MP games, as we can't access the game instance to test it.
Richard Bodley Scott

TheGrayMouser
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by TheGrayMouser » Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:42 pm

kronenblatt wrote:
Cunningcairn wrote:
rbodleyscott wrote:

Assigning general 2.jpg
You need to right click to get the tool tip up, it wont pop up just hovering ( at least on my rig/settings)

I suspect you already moved your general once this turn(all thats allowed) , thats why you could not transfer again ( as you state you were trying to do in your post...)

pompeytheflatulent

Post by pompeytheflatulent » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:00 am

This is the tool tip you're looking for:
Screen_00000022.jpg
Screen_00000022.jpg (806.7 KiB) Viewed 456 times

kronenblatt

Post by kronenblatt » Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:48 am

TheGrayMouser wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:42 pm
kronenblatt wrote:
Cunningcairn wrote:

Assigning general 2.jpg
You need to right click to get the tool tip up, it wont pop up just hovering ( at least on my rig/settings)

I suspect you already moved your general once this turn(all thats allowed) , thats why you could not transfer again ( as you state you were trying to do in your post...)
Good point: thanks!
:!: Happy to finally having discovered Field of Glory II! :!:

Cunningcairn

Post by Cunningcairn » Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:31 pm

TheGrayMouser wrote:
kronenblatt wrote:
Cunningcairn wrote:

Assigning general 2.jpg

No 100% sure it wasn't moved before in any of the instances.

Cunningcairn

Post by Cunningcairn » Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:54 pm

TheGrayMouser wrote:
kronenblatt wrote:
Cunningcairn wrote:

Assigning general 2.jpg

Thanks I will right click next time. I did not know that I had to right click and hovering is what I've being posting.

Cunningcairn

Post by Cunningcairn » Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:55 pm

TheGrayMouser wrote:
kronenblatt wrote:
Cunningcairn wrote:

Assigning general 2.jpg
Thanks I will right click next time. I did not know that I had to right click and hovering is what I've being posting.

Return to “Field of Glory II”