Hot Join for PBEM Server

Moderator: Slitherine Core

choppinlt
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Hot Join for PBEM Server

Post by choppinlt »

I think that it could add to the game experience to allow "hot" joins for certain PBEM games. A game I play in particular is FOG: Empires, and it can allow up to 16 players. I had a recent example where a noob player accidentally "retired" from a game well in progress. They didn't understand what they were doing, and allowing them back in would have been nice. I assume this reason alone is fairly rare and perhaps not good justification, but it is one example. Other reasons include if/when a player may need to bow out and someone could step in, or a new player comes available, a player suffers a major setback and wants to rejoin as a different faction, etc, etc. IMHO this could add some nice options for players, and this includes the option NOT to use it in for their own reasons.
SunnyLeslie
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Re: Hot Join for PBEM Server

Post by SunnyLeslie »

You understand that at some point people will start using this function, some kind of contractual battles will begin, etc. This is a nice feature, but players will find a way to use it to their advantage in foul play.

Return to “General Discussion”