Inquiry for a Job as Translator

Moderator: Slitherine Core

4GHz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Inquiry for a Job as Translator

Post by 4GHz » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:05 pm

Hello,

my name is Bastian Hohlweck and I am a young 3D Artist from Germany. At Gamescom, I met SIMTERACT, the developers of "Neverdark". Talking to them got me excited about the Game and its development. They told me that they are currently in need of translation, and that's where I offered them my Service as a Translator. I got informed that SIMTERACT cannot decide to hire me and that I should contact you as a Publisher about this.
I have already talked to several people on discord etc but no one was really able to help me.

Please respond if you are from the hiring squad or know a way that pushes me a bit forward in this situation!

SirGarnet
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Re: Inquiry for a Job as Translator

Post by SirGarnet » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:43 am

In past years I did considerable volunteer work on testing, copy editing and related proofing work for love of the games and of clear and complete manuals and tooltip support.

Small publishers have strong financial constraints and trade offs to manage in development, so if your goal is to help as a volunteer donating time on such work that might be a way forward and you may get a credit in the finished product (it depends). I know nothing of Neverdark specifically, but a resume and portfolio of relevant prior good work and sample translations/corrections may be relevant. Kind regards

Return to “General Discussion”