French Surrender

PC/MAC : Commander the Great War is the latest release in the popular Commander series to bring the thrill, excitement and mind-breaking decision making of these difficult times to life.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, The Lordz

colberki
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

French Surrender

Post by colberki » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:07 am

It's Jan 1916 playing CP on Balanced Difficulty. I have captured all French cities and there are no French units left in France. How come France is still fighting? Do I have to sail out to North Africa and hunt down the French Foreign Legion to force a surrender? Meanwhile, its stalemate in East Prussia and western AH. But Serbia has just been knocked out. Ottomans are fighting north of Damascus. Germans in France are bearing down on Nice. :D

Blathergut
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Re: French Surrender

Post by Blathergut » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:19 am

I think it's a case of national moral not yet at 0. Perhaps once all of those places are captured, it keeps decreasing each turn and will eventually hit 0. I think that happens with Belgium too.

colberki
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by colberki » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:09 am

Jan 18 1917, France surrendered. Italy surrendered two turns earlier. I wonder if the USA will invade France etc later in the war - if the AI is programmed to do so then I better keep German garrisons in France. Right now only Paris is garrisoned. Germany has been disbanding many garrisons and one Korps to keep down maintenance costs.

Thanks for the reply.

nobikaigan
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by nobikaigan » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:14 pm

Wow good job!

Did you start from 1914 and end up taking out France?!? I can barely get to the outskirts of Paris when I neglect all other fronts and push strong from the beginning, I have never been able to even threaten Paris very effectively...

I only have played from 1914, so maybe I need to try my hand at some of the later war scenarios?

kevini1000
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by kevini1000 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:06 am

I managed to get Paris on turn 7 of the 1914 start. This was CP vs balanced AI. The main key other than it was against the AI was to avoid certain mistakes of the Germans made historically from their origninal plan. I avoid completely fighting the French until reaching Paris with the exception of a couple of garrison units. The next thing to do it to head to Dyon. Once Verdon is taken then the big French army is OOS and dead. After that mop up the rest. France surrendered right after I took the final cities. Serbia was knocked out. The Turkish Front is stable and quiet. I'm methodically pushing back the Russians. I left some garrison units in France. Bulgaria is in the war now. Italy is acting like they will join the allies but they actually declare so I just leave an army on both border ready for them to jump. It always say Italy 0-1 turns till war but they don't.

Umeu
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by Umeu » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:03 am

lol thats fast, i beat them before portugal joined :P the normal allies wont join if the entente got a beating, no one wants to join a losing side. if the number of turns is red, its frozen and wont change till the entente is winning again.
Check out Project: IMBA, the balance mod for the multiplayer section of Commander: the Great War. Your input is appreciated! viewtopic.php?f=218&t=39677

Return to “Commander - The Great War”