Naval transporting troops?

PC/MAC : Commander the Great War is the latest release in the popular Commander series to bring the thrill, excitement and mind-breaking decision making of these difficult times to life.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, The Lordz

CSSS
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Naval transporting troops?

Post by CSSS » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:11 am

Good A.I I have played the central three times, but when I start to ply Entente, I can not figure out how to naval transport my British troops? The mabual , does not seem to cover it under movement?

Umeu
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Re: Naval transporting troops?

Post by Umeu » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:29 am

you can embark them (move from land to sea hex) only when the unit is in the city/fort that has a port (anchor hex on the map). you can disembark (move from sea to land hex) them anywhere on the coast. however it takes really long, they cant move after embarking, they cant move after disembarking and you have to move to the coast first before you disembark, so it takes atleast 3 turns to move a unit from one side the channel to the other side and 4 before you are ready to use them.
Check out Project: IMBA, the balance mod for the multiplayer section of Commander: the Great War. Your input is appreciated! viewtopic.php?f=218&t=39677

xriz
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Re: Naval transporting troops?

Post by xriz » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:38 am

And some cites like London only have one sea hex, the port, that you can disembark from so if your Cruiser is still in port in London you can't put troops onto transports till you move the cruiser out of port.

Return to “Commander - The Great War”