Patch Effect on MP Matches

PC/MAC : Commander the Great War is the latest release in the popular Commander series to bring the thrill, excitement and mind-breaking decision making of these difficult times to life.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, The Lordz

operating
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Patch Effect on MP Matches

Post by operating » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:16 am

Will the upcoming patch have an effect on MP matches that are in progress on 1.30? At present have 16 active matches, a little concerned about changes, to put it mildly......

lordzimoa
Lordz Games Studio
Lordz Games Studio

Re: Patch Effect on MP Matches

Post by lordzimoa » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:35 pm

The patch is weeks away and we will do open Beta on test server first so your ongoing MP games are not effected.

operating
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by operating » Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:13 pm

I should have posed the question this way; Can the new patch be incorporated into an ongoing MP match? (realize both sides would have to do so if true)

From some of the scuttlebutt on the forum; that the goalposts of CTGW could/would change strategy wise, not just in the action, logistics or statistics. Look forward to anything positive....

lordzimoa
Lordz Games Studio
Lordz Games Studio

Post by lordzimoa » Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:58 pm

As we will release it for a certain test period, we use the test server, so no, you will have to start new MP games on the test server.

Plan is we continue porting exclusively next 2-3 weeks, than build an internal PC patch, test it intern for a week or two, than release patch PC 1.40 as an Open Beta, test it for 3-4 weeks, in the mean time finish the porting and based on Open Beta feedback, release CTGW on iPad and make the Patch for PC official, so everyone is on 1.40. Mac follows shortly after and a few months later Android.

The patch is very big as we optimised the complete engine and have replaced and rewritten 90% of the engine and AI. This had to be done to make it work on tablets, but PC will profit from it as well as game engine underneath will be tuned... Nobody will notice, but under the hood a lot took place.

But again this our plan... if it all works out as we have planned we will have to wait and see. Was huge task... and we are close.

operating
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by operating » Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:31 pm

by lordzimoa » 27 Sep 2013 10:58

As we will release it for a certain test period, we use the test server, so no, you will have to start new MP games on the test server.

Plan is we continue porting exclusively next 2-3 weeks, than build an internal PC patch, test it intern for a week or two, than release patch PC 1.40 as an Open Beta, test it for 3-4 weeks, in the mean time finish the porting and based on Open Beta feedback, release CTGW on iPad and make the Patch for PC official, so everyone is on 1.40. Mac follows shortly after and a few months later Android.

The patch is very big as we optimised the complete engine and have replaced and rewritten 90% of the engine and AI. This had to be done to make it work on tablets, but PC will profit from it as well as game engine underneath will be tuned... Nobody will notice, but under the hood a lot took place.

But again this our plan... if it all works out as we have planned we will have to wait and see. Was huge task... and we are close.
I'll tell you, that was one hell of a post! It really let's the membership know what is going on, Thank you.

Suprass
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by Suprass » Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:40 pm

operating wrote:

by lordzimoa » 27 Sep 2013 10:58

I'll tell you, that was one hell of a post! It really let's the membership know what is going on, Thank you.
GREAT!!! Good to read this. I wish you luck! Waitng with my breath holded :D

operating
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by operating » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:43 pm

GREAT!!! Good to read this. I wish you luck! Waitng with my breath holded
You have been holding that bad breath our whole game!!!

operating
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by operating » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:29 pm

Just want to get one thing straight on a proposed new patch (1.40); Can I and others download a new patch, without interferring with 1.30 MP games that are active? or would I have to resolve all my MP matches before installing 1.40? Not saying that I would use the 1.40 in MP, only in SP, until existing games are done, Then start, new MP matches using the 1.40 data. Or am I only talking my way up a tall tree to nowhere? I don't know if CTGW can do these things, or not....

Return to “Commander - The Great War”