Japan

Modders can post their questions on scripting and more.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

junk2drive
BA Moderator
BA Moderator

Post by junk2drive »

I finally got a playable scenario. If you already have the Japan.zip just download the spwaw scenario here

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6754176/Scenarios.zip

I have Italian flags but at least they are not US and they change when you take them. I have the reinf on the lower right.

You must take the two flags and get 20 points whatever that is.

Thanks to Pip, Merr, Amaz_Ed and Tim1966 for their help and Adherbal for his scripts.
Merr
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by Merr »

junk2drive wrote: I have Italian flags but at least they are not US and they change when you take them. I have the reinf on the lower right.
You must take the two flags and get 20 points whatever that is.
Great ... you are getting closer to getting that Japanese flag to work.

I think "points" are nothing more than a measuring device ... Each turn you own the flag you gain a "set # of points", once you reach 20 (like you posted) you win.
Points might be helpfull in a large scenario, or perhaps a scenario that has a Primary and Secondary VP .... Owning the Primary gains points "faster" than owning the secondary.

Good to see you haven't given up ... Modding is a PITA ... time is own your side.
junk2drive
BA Moderator
BA Moderator

Post by junk2drive »

I started from scratch with the bsf and pasted bits of your Merr-5 into it. I still can't get the reinf to move but I noticed the bam has AI points 16,39 and 17,39 which is near the reinf arrival location. I think I will edit them to the flag locations.
junk2drive
BA Moderator
BA Moderator

Post by junk2drive »

Went into the editor and messed with the AI settings. Placed points for team 1 and 2, can't delete point for team 0.

Is there a doc or thread with an explaination of the AI panel?
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

You can't delete AI points - they are always there. But it's assumed that if you tell a team to go there, that you have positioned it somewhere sensible.

Cheers

Pip
junk2drive
BA Moderator
BA Moderator

Post by junk2drive »

I gave up on the reinforcements. Too much scripting needed.

I am using the AI window in the editor and placing the former reinf unit on the map. I still can't get the front line units (team 0) to stay put. I make them -5 aggresive and target none. They still go toward the flags.

I'll keep trying.
junk2drive
BA Moderator
BA Moderator

Post by junk2drive »

I just overwrote the final version with a new battle. crying
junk2drive
BA Moderator
BA Moderator

Post by junk2drive »

The good news is that I had an older copy and edited that.

Bad news is the flags won't show as Italian.

Good news is I figured out that the team aggressiveness goes higher than 9. I used the 32 and 64 settings to get things the way I wanted.
junk2drive
BA Moderator
BA Moderator

Post by junk2drive »

I got the thing to work. Intense battle now. Battle 3 is in process.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6754176/1002Japan.zip
junk2drive
BA Moderator
BA Moderator

Post by junk2drive »

Made a version of SPWAW Did you hear that?

This includes Ammo Crates. There is no graphic as I used the object file. You can place the object over the unit to make it look better. They are immobile and unarmed. Use them to add to the unit killed count.

Ran through the scenario one time. No flags yet. The AI doesn't do too good a job. It can't seem to kill the US squads in sandbags. The AI doesn't use OBA or Air without help so I put mortars on map for the IJA but they aren't doing the job.

I need green jeeps.
Amaz_Ed
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by Amaz_Ed »

I'm absolutely snowed under with work at the moment, but you are welcome to my jeep. I have it with, and without .50cal, but it needs setting up correctly in the game. I can make the files available for you, or someone else, to get it working if you like?
junk2drive
BA Moderator
BA Moderator

Post by junk2drive »

Yes please. I have the one that Tim1966 made for his LDRG but the green ones would be nice.

Thanks
Amaz_Ed

Post by Amaz_Ed »

PM sent.
Merr
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by Merr »

Junk2Drive,

Very good news .... it's all fixed ... Points and Flags ... using side 7 (USMC) vs side 8(Japan).

I have included a link below for a quick scenario template showing you the code etc.
NOTE : The scenario is USMC vs JAPAN ... but, its US army vs German army as far as units go, and turn icon.
Now you having a working example that fixes your previous problems.

What was the problem with the flags? .... It appears that the game engine wasn't reading the Functions.bsf .... or shall I say ... it caused error's.

What was the fix? ....
- I commented out the INCLUDE "FUNCTIONS.BSF" from the scenarioBSF.
- Then, cut/pasted the entire contents of the Functions.bsf code into the bottom of the scenarioBSF with the change to the FUNCTION CheckVP that includes side 7 and 8 as USMC and JAPAN respectively.

Make sense?

Anyway, download my template scenario and have a look ... http://www.filefront.com/17344738/Merr_Points_Flags.zip

Oh ... I added the code for the POINTS to display using 3 VP's .... 1 USMC, 2 JAPAN .... play the scenario to get a feel on how the points work.
Last edited by Merr on Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
adherbal
The Artistocrats
The Artistocrats

Post by adherbal »

- Then, cut/pasted the entire contents of the Functions.bsf code into the bottom of the scenarioBSF with the change to the FUNCTION CheckVP that includes side 7 and 8 as USMC and JAPAN respectively.
I think you should be able to make a copy of Functions.BSF in your local campaign's "scenarios" folder and edit the CheckVP function in that. Should look cleaner than pasting the whole content in the scenario script, and easier if you plan to do several scenarios for this campaign.
Merr
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by Merr »

adherbal wrote:
I think you should be able to make a copy of Functions.BSF in your local campaign's "scenarios" folder and edit the CheckVP function in that. Should look cleaner than pasting the whole content in the scenario script, and easier if you plan to do several scenarios for this campaign.
I tried that ... appears it doesn't work... I spent an hour troubleshooting this .... The only way I could get it to work was above. :?
junk2drive
BA Moderator
BA Moderator

Post by junk2drive »

Works great THANKS

Here is your campaign with a second battle with the USMC and JA turn markers.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6754176/Merr_Points_FlagsV2.zip

We'll get this figured out sooner or later.
Merr
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by Merr »

junk2drive wrote: I need green jeeps.
If you guys can't get Ed's jeep to work ... I have a suggestion ....

Modding 101 ... Add Tim's working Jeep from his LRDG scenario (which needs to be bumped to the scenario thread btw) ... and repaint the DDS.

Long Range Desert Group Chevy and Jeep Scenario
junk2drive
BA Moderator
BA Moderator

Post by junk2drive »

Oh ... I added the code for the POINTS to display using 3 VP's .... 1 USMC, 2 JAPAN .... play the scenario to get a feel on how the points work.
I placed 3 flags on my map, 1 JA controlled, 2 US controlled, with your code. Every turn JA gets 2 points, maybe more. I changed the code by removing the + 3 - and every turn both sides get the same points no matter how many flags they control.
junk2drive
BA Moderator
BA Moderator

Post by junk2drive »

I got it now. Each phase counts as a turn. That was posted around here somewhere. Each side starts with the points for each flag it holds. That goofed up my math too.

Return to “Battle Academy : Modders Corner ”