Newbie help for modding.

Modders can post their questions on scripting and more.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

scartop
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Newbie help for modding.

Post by scartop »

Apologies if this is too basic. I have created a scenario in Editor of BA for Mac. Spent hours building it and am actually quite proud of it. I've read the ba_modding_advanced page, but to be honest it's all greek to me. I can see my scenario in the BBCBA folder (campaigns) in Documents, but how do I get it onto my scenario list in the actual game so I can play it and see how it works, make tweaks and hopefully share it? Am I going to need a degree in coding to pull this off? It all looked so easy in the manual and in the Editor itself.
I would appreciate any advice (in the easiest terms if poss'. Imagine explaining it to a 8 year old.)
cheers!
Brummbar44
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Re: Newbie help for modding.

Post by Brummbar44 »

Unfortunately, making the map is actually the easy part. Getting it from there to a full blown scenario is another story.

The best thing to do is check out any of the fan made scenarios to see what is included (anything by CaveHobbit is a great example...Enric is also an excellent reference but he has added in some excellent mods that may be more advanced than what you are looking for).

Multiplayer scenarios are actually easier to make imo so you may want to start there and just go in baby steps. Make no mistake, it can be a lot of work getting into the groove...but it is quite rewarding!

Good luck.
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Newbie help for modding.

Post by pipfromslitherine »

I would start with some simple stuff first. You can build a functioning map using just the editor (look at the VP plugin, it will allow you to set up some more interesting victory conditions). Then, as Brum says, grab someone else's mod and take a look at what they are doing, tweak and change things until you begin to see how things hang together.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here

Return to “Battle Academy : Modders Corner ”