Player Created Map Question

Download scenarios and talk about scenario design.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

ELHEFEDECOCINA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Player Created Map Question

Post by ELHEFEDECOCINA »

Hello all!
My question is this. I have created a D-Day map and would like to transfer it to a different Campaign then the one I unfortunately chose at the start..... Is this possible to do? I am relatively new to the "tinkering" in the Editor so if anyone can point out the steps if it is at all possible, I would appreciate it.
Regards, ELHEFEDECOCINA
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Player Created Map Question

Post by pipfromslitherine »

You should be able to simply copy the BAM file (and any related script) to a new campaign SCENARIOS folder.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
ELHEFEDECOCINA

Post by ELHEFEDECOCINA »

Thanks Pip! I will give it a try and get back to you.
Cheers, ELHEFEDECOCINA
dcoffin
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by dcoffin »

I have similar question as would like to move map from BA to BA2 as a starting template for a new map and wondered if that was possible as both were BAM files or is that not possible do the supporting data map was based on?

regards

dcoffin
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

dcoffin wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:01 pm I have similar question as would like to move map from BA to BA2 as a starting template for a new map and wondered if that was possible as both were BAM files or is that not possible do the supporting data map was based on?

regards

dcoffin
I'm not sure about that one. I have never tried it. BA2 does not have BA's Object and Tile folders, so you would need to transfer the ones your map needs into your scenario folder, but I am not sure if that would be enough, it might still crash the game.

It might have been something that was done by the old school scenario designers when BA2 first came out though. They might well have had some old maps that they wanted to convert over to the new game. So it might be worth looking through the early posts on the BA2 forums, especially the Scenario Design sub forum.
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

Field of Glory II Medieval Scenario Designer.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Tournament Scenario Designer.
dcoffin
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by dcoffin »

Paul59,

thanks for reply and I did find answer which appears to indicate not interchangable,

viewtopic.php?f=105&t=74359&p=691267&hi ... A2#p691267

regards

dcoffin

Return to “Battle Academy : Scenario Design”