EROMMEL'S KAMPFGRUPPE PEIPER CAMPAIGN NOTES

Download scenarios and talk about scenario design.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

ERommel
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

EROMMEL'S KAMPFGRUPPE PEIPER CAMPAIGN NOTES

Post by ERommel »

This thread is for members to post comments and suggestions on the scenarios in my ERommel's Kampfgruppe Peiper Campaign.

Here is the entire list of scenarios planned for this campaign. My goal is to update once a month on or about the 1st of every month. Monthly updates will include tweaking of scenarios and 2 to 4 new scenarios added. Cheers.

LINK TO THE FORUM TOPIC WHICH INCLUDES THE LST DOWNLOAD FILE
"EROMMEL KAMPFGRUPPE PEIPER 1-8" (DECEMBER 2013 VERSION) viewtopic.php?f=105&t=46897

SCENARIO #1 Lanzerath Ridge Beta 2
German Parachute Troops Must Clear the Town and Ridge
Parachute & Volksgrenadier Infantry vs Green US Troops

SCENARIO #2 Bucholz Train Station Beta 1
German Tank Recon Team & Parachute Troops Must Take a Train Station
Parachute & Volksgrenadier Infantry Infantry vs Green US Troops

SCENARIO #3 Terror at Honsfeld Beta 1
German Advance Guard & SS Troops Must Take Honsfeld town & the Main Road
Panzers & SS Infantry vs TDs & Green Troops

SCENARIO #4 BULLINGEN FUEL DEPOT Beta 1
German Advance Guard & SS Troops Must Capture a Fuel Depot
Panzers & SS Infantry vs TDs, Green Troops, ARTI, & Air Support

SCENARIO #5 WIRTZFELD HAMLET Beta 1
German Recon Team and Parachute Troops Must Take a Small Hamlet
Small Mix Group vs TDs & Green Infantry

SCENARIO #6 CROSSROADS AT BEAUGNEZ HAMLET, MALMEDY Beta 1
German Advance Guard Suddenly Face Off with American Units
Complete Group Forces vs Green Infantry & TDs

SCENARIO #7 LIGNEUVILLE HOTEL DU MOULIN Beta 1
German Main Battle Group Must Take a Town and Secure a Bridge
Complete Group Forces vs Green Infantry, TDs, and Shermans

SCENARIO #8 THE BRIDGE AT STAVELOT Beta 1
German Main Battle Group Must Cross a Bridge and Secure the Town
Complete Group Forces vs Mix Infantry, TDs, and Shermans

SCENARIO #9 THE 3 BRIDGES AT TROIS-PONTS
German Main Battle Group Must Secure 1 of 3 Bridges Still Intact and Secure the Town
Complete Group Forces vs Engineers, Green Infantry and TDs
Beta 1 Release Date: 1 Jan 2014

SCENARIO #10 GERMANS SECURES LA GLEIZE
German Main Battle Group vs Engineers, Green Infantry & TDs

SCENARIO #11 GERMANS CLEAR CHENEU
German Small Battle Group & PzIVs vs Green Infantry & A/T

SCENARIO #12 GERMANS TAKE STOUMONT TOWN
German Main Battle Group vs US Infantry

SCENARIO #13 GERMANS TAKE TARGNON BUT FAIL AT THE TRAIN STATION
German Advance Group vs US Infantry, TDs, and AT
Beta 1 Release Date: 1 Feb 2014

SCENARIO #14 GERMANS FAIL TO TAKE THE BRIDGE AT NEUFMOULIN
German Mech Recon Troops vs Green Infantry, Engineers, and ARTI

SCENARIO #15 DEFEND STOUMONT
German Consolidate and Defend
German Main Battle Group vs US Tanks, Infantry, Arti, and Air Support

SCENARIO #16 DEFEND THE SUPPLY LINE AT CHAPELLE ST. ANNE
American launch an Infantry Assault through the forest to cut off the Germans
German Infantry & Support vs US Infantry & ARTI

SCENARIO #17 DEFEND LA GLEIZE
Germans Retreat to La Gleize and are Harassed By US Attacks
German Main Battle Group vs US Mix Forces
Beta 1 Release Date: 1 Mar 2014

SCENARIO #18 RETREAT TO AND DEFEND TROIS-PONTS
Germans Retreat and Defend Trois-Ponts
German Main Battle Group vs US Mix Forces
Beta 1 Release Date: 1 Mar 2014

SCENARIO #19 CHENEU LIFELINE
Germans are Surrounded and Must Hold the Last Line of Communication
German Waffen SS & Mix Tanks vs 82nd US AIRBORNE
Beta 1 Release Date: 1 Apr 2014

SCENARIO #20 ESCAPE THROUGH ROCHELINVAL
German Waffen SS & Personnel Break Through US Lines to Escape Back to Germany at Rochelinval held by Airborne Troops of the 82nd
Beta 1 Release Date: 1 Apr 2014

MY GOAL IS TO HAVE THE ENTIRE CAMPAIGN COMPLETED BY 1 MAY 2014 at Which Date I will make the the entire campaign available to Slitherine to be included as a regular Campaign Game.
Imagine yourself acclaimed, a decorated national hero, an idol to millions of desperate people, then within six months, condemned to death by hanging.
- Joachim Peiper
ERommel

Re: EROMMEL'S KAMPFGRUPPE PEIPER CAMPAIGN NOTES

Post by ERommel »

KAMPFGRUPPE PEIPER'S BATTLES AND ACTUAL DESIGNATED ROUTE
The Numbered Bubbles correspond to the scenarios in the Campaign.
Imagine yourself acclaimed, a decorated national hero, an idol to millions of desperate people, then within six months, condemned to death by hanging.
- Joachim Peiper
ERommel

Post by ERommel »

KAMPFGRUPPE PEIPER BATTLES FROM SCENARIO 6 BAUGNEZ, MALMEDY

Scenario Numbers in Bubbles
GREEN LINE : PEIPER ON THE ATTACK
RED LINE: PEIPER ON THE DEFENCE
- Joachim Peiper
ERommel

Post by ERommel »

IMPORTANT NOTE
RE: UPDATE

The next update is scheduled for 1 January 2014. It will include tweaking of scenario 1 and many fixes to scenarios 2 to 8. As well, I am hoping to add up to 4 new scenarios.

Please complete ongoing games by the end of December so that you are ready and capable of playing the update.

I look forward to your suggestions. Has anyone noticed the free tank carried by a truck in one of the scenarios? LOL don't worry that will be fixed. :-)
- Joachim Peiper
ERommel

Post by ERommel »

Update:

Thank you to those that are playing and offering comments. They are very helpful.

Here are some major updates to the scenarios for the 1 Jan releases (scenarios 1 to 8 plus 9 to 12)

Initial Off Board Support (Arti and Air) Delays:
US Support will be delayed by several turns (from 5 to 8 turns) to reflect shock.
German Support will have a few turns delay to give the US player a chance to move his units.
The delay will be about equal beginning with Scenario 14.

Commanders (Can Promote Units)
The final version of this campaign (May 2014) will include various types of Commander Units. They will begin to appear in the scenarios for testing from 1 Jan.

Here Are Some Being Planned

GERMAN LEADERS
Peiper (Infantry)
Peiper in Panther (Tank)
Peiper in Halftrack (Halftrack)
Peiper in Jeep (Jeep)
Command Post (I want a static HQ Tent that can rally, Planning at this at the moment)

US LEADERS
US General (Infantry)
Airborne Commander (Airborne Leader)
Command Post (Static HQ)

If you have ideas or suggestions as you play test please send me a PM or post here!
- Joachim Peiper
guardsman
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by guardsman »

I was going to moan but I will send a PM.
guardsman

Post by guardsman »

What are you going to change to scenario 1.
May I ask has anyone ever finished it against a live opponent. I have not counted it out but it seems to me that given the distance they have to travel some of the German units will not make it to the flags even if they do not come under fire. If they are fired on a couple of times forget it. Let's not forget the squad munching jeeps in this scenario they make the bridge crossing a complete no no. I wish you well with your work.

Guardsman.
ERommel

Post by ERommel »

Yes, I noticed that as well. The trucks no longer move well in snow and with the road being broken they are unable to be used effectively as transport. This is why it is difficult to move forward. Also the removal of the panthers allows the us player to be braver with the jeeps. I have already begun to work on a fix among many others. Some of you are sending me suggestions. Thank you
- Joachim Peiper
ERommel

Post by ERommel »

I have played several testing games with some of you good folks and I am now ready to modify the games for the next update. You will have noticed that in some of the later scenarios the US side was too strong. Scenario 1 also needs some attention. My favourite scenario so far is Scenario #8 Stavelot. I like the crossing the bridge and having to squeeze through to the next objective. Scenario #7 was also fun.

Please send me your suggestions! Post here or send me a PM. I need your help to make these scenarios fun for all. It is also important for me that both sides are fun.
- Joachim Peiper
Commanderpatton
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Commanderpatton »

Hello, I have a rant about the stavelot scenario. I think that the germans receive too much artillery support like the wespes and the stuka zu fub.
ERommel

Post by ERommel »

Commanderpatton wrote:Hello, I have a rant about the stavelot scenario. I think that the germans receive too much artillery support like the wespes and the stuka zu fub.
I think the actual US forces in Stavelot would agree with you ;-)
Actually the Germans used 88s to bombard the river's hedge to keep US forces away and suppressed. Panthers moved forward and had little difficulty to cross the bridge.

The idea for this scenario is to allow the German side to easily cross the bridge and to force the US side to concentrate on a defence within the houses and forest squares. There are opportunities to set up a flank attack on the right side. I managed to take out some vehicles on the bridge. You also have some arti support to suppress crossing infantry although it will be impossible to stop the German crossing.

Hope that helps!

My goal is to simulate the historical battles. I am now working on the new update but waiting for those that have play tested to send me or post suggestions. I hope the lack of response so far is not an indication that people are growing tired of BA or specifically my Peiper Campaign. I know that many people are on the sidelines till BA2 is released.

I'm beginning to wonder if this is a worthwhile project myself. So long as it can be converted to BA2 it should be worthwhile to continue to develop it providing that people are interested in playing the Peiper Battles.
Last edited by ERommel on Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Joachim Peiper
Commanderpatton

Post by Commanderpatton »

Well, I have more comments for the scenarios. For the lanzerath ridge, I think that the US soldiers there should only have one US jeep. For the Bucholz, I think it is already good. For the bullingen fuel depot, I think that the US side is too strong and the engineers have super powerful guns. The SS troops positions are also very obvious so I can just direct my artillery to their positions and kill them easily. For the wirtzfeld, I think that there are too many US infantry in the forest line and that the Germans have a very small chance to succeed. For the baugnez massacre, I think that the Germans get too much promotions from killing the US infantry. I think that they shouldn't get promotions from murdering the US troops. By the end of the first round, the German panthers already have the elite position or the gold rank. I hope these help.
ERommel

Post by ERommel »

Thank you for the comments CommanderPatton. I am waiting for others to give me their comments to finalize the updates and post them. Hope you had a good Holiday
- Joachim Peiper
cam405

Post by cam405 »

Where can I find a download for this campaign? Dropbox links do not work. So much work put in to this campaign.... Would like very much to be able to play it. Thank you.

Return to “Battle Academy : Scenario Design”