Editor help

Download scenarios and talk about scenario design.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Re: Editor help

Post by Paul59 »

TankerOne wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:46 am Okay, time for more questions.
4. How do I change the music for the campaign and for each mission (More for BA2)
I am trying to do this myself, and can't do it. Maybe it is not possible to do in a mod?

Correction: I have found that the creator of the Crete campaign, LouisM, has managed to get the music file to change for his campaign. I seem to be doing the same as what he has done, but it does not work for my mods, I will have to investigate more!

Correction2: The difference between the Crete campaign and what I am trying to do is that the Crete campaign is accessing a different music file that is already in the main game installation, while my mod has it's own "music" files. So maybe the game does not read music files from a custom mod/scenario folder?

Correction3!: I have found another scenario, JCB989_FUEL_DEPOT_3, that uses new music for the Deployment phase. So that at least is possible. I have not found any user created scenario that has new Battle music or sounds, which is what I am trying to do.
Last edited by Paul59 on Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

Field of Glory II Medieval Scenario Designer.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Tournament Scenario Designer.
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

5. Can I get the BA units to transfer to BA2
There are 5 steps:

1) Copy the units data line from the BA1 Squads csv file, and paste it in the BA2 Squads.csv file.

2) Copy the BA1 units model and animation files from Data/Battle/Units folder and paste into the BA2 Units folder.

3) Copy the BA1 units texture files from the Data/Battle/Unittextures folder and paste into the BA2 Unittextures folder.

4) copy the BA1 units text strings from the Text1.txt file and paste into the BA2 Text1.txt file.

5) This bit is harder. Some of the unit values in the Squads.csv file are worked out a bit differently in BA2, and you might want to change them. For instance hmg/mortars/at guns have ridiculously high movement rates in BA2 when transferred directly from BA1. So I always copy the movement values from a similar BA2 unit and use for the BA1 units.

Unit points are worked differently in the two games, for instance Trucks are only 9 points in BA1 but 40 points in BA2, but in general points values seem a little higher in BA1.
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

6. Is there a way to tell the player something through the tool tips, kinda like the tutorial mission
Yes, it would be done through scripts in the Scenario.bsf and text messages in the Text1.txt file, very similar to how the reinforcement messages work, as I described before.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

7. How do I pre place a bonus, like a artillery barrage, and speed it up to be really fast like in Enrics Hard assault
I know how to do it for a BA2 Skirmish Mod, but I think it is different for a scenario or campaign. I think that Enric has scripted the bonuses in the Scenario.bsf, but I do not know how it is done precisely.

The Core/Cards/Cards.txt file stores the values of the Artillery Barrage bonuses, so you can create a new Cards.txt file for your scenario with the edited details.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Eagletanker
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by Eagletanker »

Okay, For the music and archive purposes.
I have managed to change the music by copying the music text file from Barbarossa to the custom campaigns folder, but this will work with any music file. Now, it looks like this
MainMenu // emtMainMenu
BarCam // emtCampaign
AxisDeploy // emtDeploy
BarBat0 // emtBattle
AxisWon // emtWin
AxisLost // emtLose
Change the left hand text, which is the name of the music file you would be using, to you prefered piece of music. For example, say I wanted to change the campaign screen music to Calm 3 from minecraft (assuming I have it already in the music folder of the game) I would do this
MainMenu // emtMainMenu
Calm3 // emtMainMenu
Once your done with this, PUT IT IN YOUR DATA FOLDER FOR THE CAMPAIGN Or else this will not work.

Return to “Battle Academy : Scenario Design”