Units moving while in restricted area

Moderators: Slitherine Core, FOGR Design

Schnockel
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Units moving while in restricted area

Post by Schnockel » Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:22 pm

Hey guys,

On pages 99 and100 Restricted Areas are addressed. My question is about the illustration on page 100...Battle Group A.

Normally, unless light troops, mounted troops cannot turn 180-deg and then also move. Here in the illustration they clearly can. I am assuming this is a special case because of the Restricted Area. It also looks like they get up to their full move distance...so the moving unit chooses how far away they want to be.

THE QUESTION: Does Battle Group A finish the move facing the enemy or is it facing away from the enemy? :?:

Thanks,

Dave

kevinj
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Re: Units moving while in restricted area

Post by kevinj » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:19 am

BGs A, B and C appear to be Light Horse, who do have the ability to turn 180 and move away. The point of the illustration is to show that, for A, if they do this they need to remain partially in front of the enemy whose restricted area was affecting them. It does not give any troops the ability to make moves other than those normally available to them as simple or complex moves.

nikgaukroger
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by nikgaukroger » Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:15 am

kevinj wrote:BGs A, B and C appear to be Light Horse,
They are.
Nik Gaukroger

"Never ask a man if he comes from Yorkshire. If he does, he will tell you.
If he does not, why humiliate him?" - Canon Sydney Smith

nikgaukroger@blueyonder.co.uk

Schnockel
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Schnockel » Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:24 pm

Really? It seems kind of silly to give an example that features troops that are used so infrequently. :?

So, for more commonly used mounted(battle) troops, the best they can do is turn their tails and halt. yuk.

titanu
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by titanu » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:09 pm

Schnockel wrote:Really? It seems kind of silly to give an example that features troops that are used so infrequently. :?
So, for more commonly used mounted(battle) troops, the best they can do is turn their tails and halt. yuk.
They use LH so all options can be shown. All cavalry can execute 'B'&'C' but only LH 'A'.

If they are battle troops then do not get them into that position unless you want to attack the infantry to their front :D

Return to “Rules Questions”