Introducing a new player to FoGR

Moderators: terrys, Slitherine Core, FOGR Design

timmy1
Lieutenant-General - Nashorn
Lieutenant-General - Nashorn

Introducing a new player to FoGR

Post by timmy1 »

Yesterday at the club I introduced an experienced DBR play to the joys of FoGR. My Huguenots vs his Catholics, 1562 AD, 900 points.

My plan was to put down loads of small bits of terrain and work the flanks with shooty light troops and the Gensdarmes, thus delaying his Swiss keils and the early Tercio.

My opponent removed the only ambush terrain on my side of the table and the flank march was not really on so my lights were going to have to dance very well.

After about 5 hours of working the flanks, delaying, threatening his camp, and shooting for all I was worth, the Dragoons and Argoulets were running out of table. My opponent has passed all but one of the CTs and only failed 2 of the dozens of death rolls. By then we had combat 'as Barker intended' across most of the table, about 6 MU in front of my camp. My combat dice were rather good but not good enough. The superior Gensdarmes with a general and an extra base got soundly beaten by the average ones and everywhere else the Catholics were passing Death Rolls and CTs with ease. After almost 7 hours we called it an honourable draw. All of my front line BGs engaged were a single base from Autobreak. My opponent failed 2 CTs and 5 death rolls all game.

He seemed to enjoy it so we will give another go sometime soon.

Return to “After Action Reports (AAR's)”