Moderators: Slitherine Core, FOGR Design

TrevAllen
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: FoGR tournament in Sutton in Ashfield - Sun 4th July 2021

Post by TrevAllen » Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:54 pm

Sutton-In-Ashfield July 2021 – FoG Renaissance
Our second FoGR event.

FoGR at Sutton-In-Ashfield 2021 at Polly Bowls Club, Unwin Road, Sutton-In-Ashfield, Notts, NG17 4HN. This will be another “Open event” for any 15mm army from any of the recognised supplements.
* Date: Sunday 4th July 2021. Venue: Polly Bowls Club, Unwin Road, Sutton-In-Ashfield, Notts, NG17 4HN
* Please ensure you have cash with you, as no electronic payment system will be in place on the day.
* List checker will be me. Lists are required 7 days prior to the event for checking.
* 750 Points in 15mm open, i.e. any list at any date.
* Table size 6' x 4', but we may well play on 5’x3’ as this is readily accepted.
* Medium & Heavy artillery must not be deployed in the flank zones.
* We will use all amendments and Army list/points revisions published to date.
* 3 games each of 2 1/2 hours
* Please ensure you have cash with you, as no electronic payment system will be in place on the day.
* You will need to supply your own terrain, and set the terrain up prior to each game as normal.
* The normal scoring system will be in place.
* Obviously, we are in a time of flux, with Covid being a major issue. All regulations in place at the time of the event will be enforced at the venue. Obviously, social distancing, face masks, etc are things we have all got used to over the last year. Sanitiser, will be available in copious amounts, and we reserve the right to return an entry fee, should a player’s area go into lockdown, or a similar situation just before the event.
* Your entry fee will include as much tea and coffee as you’d like during the day, but please bring your own mug as this alleviates the need for us washing up throughout the day. The venues toilets etc should also be kept in as clean a condition as possible. Simply put, if you make a mess – clear it up – thank you. There are many food outlets nearby (within 10 minutes), including McDonalds, Tesco, Morrison’s, and a local Chippy (don’t know if it is open on a Sunday though). Obviously you can bring your own food along. We have a bar at the venue, and regulations/barman permitting this will be open. The venue also has plenty of off road private parking available.
* The tournament will have an open draw at the start, with only players that may regularly be coming up against each other being kept apart, if possible. From round two onwards it will be “swiss system”.
* I will be the tournament umpire and any decision I am asked to make is not up for discussion. Please read the rules and check before asking for an umpires decision, as I know that having a ruling given against you can sour an event. If a decision is required in a game I am involved in, then hopefully we will have a second umpire available on the day, as I want to be as involved in games as much as the rest of you. Please remember this is a game, and we don’t have VAR.

* Timetable
Sunday 4th July 2021
08.30 – Check in Time
09.00 –First competition round.
12.15 – Second competition round.
15.15 – Third competition round.
18.00 ish – End of comp/Prize giving.
* Entry fee is £12 per player payable by cheque or Postal Order to “Trevor Allen” posted to Trevor Allen, (FoGR Tournament), 54, Bracken Road, Shirebrook, Notts, NG20 8FB. Please ensure your entry includes an email address, and mob/tel no. as well as your full address. A confirmation of receipt will be sent to you once the entry has been accepted and the finances banked.

Don’t forget, we are all here to have fun! After all, it’s a game of TOY SOLDIERS!

Trevor

Buzz0000
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Buzz0000 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:43 pm

Hi Trev

Sorry but will have to miss this one as we have planned a family vacation across that weekend. So looking forward to getting back to gaming soon!

TrevAllen
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: Re: FoGR tournament in Sutton in Ashfield - Sun 4th July 2021

Post by TrevAllen » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:51 am

6 players in this one. Ray Boyles, Dene Green, Keith Spedding, Dave Elks, Quinton Dalton and myself. We also have a5 or so WAB players in a seperate event on the same day.

Buzz0000
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Buzz0000 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:44 pm

Good luck everyone - sorry to miss it and look forward to this being the start of a return to F2F gaming!

Return to “Tournaments ”