Warfare 2011

Moderators: Slitherine Core, FOGR Design

TimChild
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Posts: 356
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:12 pm
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

Warfare 2011

Post by TimChild » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:08 pm

A gentle reminder (actually not-so-gentle as I'm trying to ensure that you save money :) ). Warfare is 19 and 20 November, which is surprisingly near.

Full details are on the club website at http://www.wargamesassociationreading.co.uk. I have received various queries about navigating the pages, so to help you work it out what you need to do is

1. Click on the Competitions tab on the left and you'll be taken to the comp.s page.

2. There you will find links embedded in the text to take you to the competitions rules and an entry form.

3. Alternatively, you can book online (would you believe it, WAR has entered the internet-age...?), using the link just underneath the shopping cart on the right of the screen.

Book now in order to get your entry in at £12 rather than the £18 that it will cost from 5 October. (And do it now, no excuses for trying to pay £12 after 5 October if the website crashes under the strain of everyone trying to beat the deadline :shock: ).

Richard Bodley-Scott has very kindly agreed to player-umpire.

The competition is Open - armies from any published list. Lists to come to me by email if possible (t_and_e.child[at]tiscali.co.uk), and as usual your list does not have to accompany your entry, as long as I get it by no later than 31 October.


I am looking forward to seeing as many as possible of you there!

Tim Child

timmy1
Lieutenant-General - Nashorn
Lieutenant-General - Nashorn
Posts: 3436
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:39 pm
Location: Chelmsford, Essex, England

Post by timmy1 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:08 pm

Tim

If you would be so kind as to share the results (you will have to provide 2nd and below after the event...) I will include them in the rankings.

Chaps/chapesses

Warfare is a full fat comp - only Britcon and the Challenge are worth more in the rankings so worth making this one if you can.

Regards
Tim

TimChild
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Posts: 356
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:12 pm
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

Post by TimChild » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:38 pm

Hi Tim,

I always do. :wink: Send me your email (off-list, to the email address in the rules for list-checking) and I'll make sure that they get to you.

Tim

TimChild
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Posts: 356
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:12 pm
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

A few points about Warfare rules

Post by TimChild » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:44 pm

Just a few reminders for those that don't bother reading the long and boring stuff in the detailed blurb:-

1. Game time - Warfare is run on a short schedule, due to the closing time of the centre. As usual for Warfare, games will be 3h 15m +/- 0-5m random - not the "usual" 3h 30m.

2. Game end - we will be "whistle stop" (well, shout-stop). Games will end at the end of the current phase (not turn, phase) when time is called. This hopefully gets you some more time to go shopping and grab something to eat, and me a little more time to get the scores in, draw done and ready for the afternoon session!

3. Table size - All tables will be marked in 6' widths (give or take a little for the masking tape). However, we do not mark 4' depth, as at WAR we believe in giving you as much as we can to play on. If both players agree beforehand you can play to 4' if you like, of course. However, I am flagging-up the depth issue in advance in case anyone complains later!

Tim

TimChild
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Posts: 356
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:12 pm
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

Warfare 2011 lists

Post by TimChild » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:23 pm

Just a reminder to everyone who is coming to Warfare, that I do need your lists by the 31st October please. That's three weeks ahead of the event, I know, but I do have over 100 to do normally, between DBMM and FOG, so need plenty of time!

Cheers,

Tim Child

donm
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Posts: 584
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:08 am
Location: Clevedon, England

Post by donm » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:06 pm

Tim,

You must be well pleased with the level of entries :D :D :D

should prove a great weekend.

Don

TimChild
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Posts: 356
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:12 pm
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

Post by TimChild » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:53 pm

donm wrote:Tim,

You must be well pleased with the level of entries :D :D :D

should prove a great weekend.

Don
Very, although I would like some more please, especially since at the moment I seem to have odd numbers is every single one of the FOG, FOG:R and DBMM competitions... :?

Tim

timmy1
Lieutenant-General - Nashorn
Lieutenant-General - Nashorn
Posts: 3436
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:39 pm
Location: Chelmsford, Essex, England

Post by timmy1 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:02 pm

We will see if we can get you 2 more entrants for each...

TimChild
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Posts: 356
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:12 pm
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

Warfare 2011 lists

Post by TimChild » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:54 pm

Just a reminder, these are due by 31 October - 7 days to deadline.

Cheers,

Tim Child

TimChild
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Posts: 356
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:12 pm
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

Warfare 2011 lists

Post by TimChild » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:09 am

Final call for Warfare lists, the deadline for which is today, 31 October. All to me please.

As of this afternoon there were 17 places left in the main-hall competitions (which include FOG, FOG:R, DBMM and others). If you or friends are still pondering entering - get your entry in via PayPal pdq!

Numbers in the FOG and FOG:R are currently:

FOG:R - 26
FOG Greek and Roman - 30
FOG Dawn of Chivalry - 14
FOG 25mm post 500AD- 12

Cheers,

Tim Child

TimChild
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Posts: 356
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:12 pm
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

Warfare 2011 lists

Post by TimChild » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:53 pm

Current position with Warfare lists:

Peter Alexander - hard copy with Lance Gibson at WAR, I will pick this up at the club tomorrow
Richard Young, not yet received (chased again this evening).
Simon Le-Ray Meyer, awaiting corrections.
Martin van Tol, submitted but in unreadable format (by my machine, in any event!)

All others present and correct, and as soon as I have the above sorted out I can publish the R&R. Watch this space! We have a wide variety, entries from all the list-books (which caused consternation when I realised that I hadn't actually got Cities of Gold (I do now :D )

27 entries in total, but I have one, maybe two, options for floaters so hopefully we can get even numbers. With a week and half to go experience tells me that the numbers are not yet fixed (up or, sadly, down).

Tim

youngr
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Posts: 466
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:10 am
Location: Presteigne

Re: Warfare 2011 lists

Post by youngr » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:26 am

TimChild wrote:Current position with Warfare lists:

Peter Alexander - hard copy with Lance Gibson at WAR, I will pick this up at the club tomorrow
Richard Young, not yet received (chased again this evening).
Simon Le-Ray Meyer, awaiting corrections.
Martin van Tol, submitted but in unreadable format (by my machine, in any event!)

All others present and correct, and as soon as I have the above sorted out I can publish the R&R. Watch this space! We have a wide variety, entries from all the list-books (which caused consternation when I realised that I hadn't actually got Cities of Gold (I do now :D )

27 entries in total, but I have one, maybe two, options for floaters so hopefully we can get even numbers. With a week and half to go experience tells me that the numbers are not yet fixed (up or, sadly, down).

Tim
Tim

I sent my list in to the list checker 3 weeks ago!!!! Shall I send it to you instead? I'll be at home tomorrow and can do it then.

Cheers

Richard

youngr
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Posts: 466
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:10 am
Location: Presteigne

Re: Warfare 2011 lists

Post by youngr » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:45 am

youngr wrote:
TimChild wrote:Current position with Warfare lists:

Peter Alexander - hard copy with Lance Gibson at WAR, I will pick this up at the club tomorrow
Richard Young, not yet received (chased again this evening).
Simon Le-Ray Meyer, awaiting corrections.
Martin van Tol, submitted but in unreadable format (by my machine, in any event!)

All others present and correct, and as soon as I have the above sorted out I can publish the R&R. Watch this space! We have a wide variety, entries from all the list-books (which caused consternation when I realised that I hadn't actually got Cities of Gold (I do now :D )

27 entries in total, but I have one, maybe two, options for floaters so hopefully we can get even numbers. With a week and half to go experience tells me that the numbers are not yet fixed (up or, sadly, down).

Tim
Tim

Just checked that I did send it to you - on the 12th October. I've sent it again but if not received then let me know at richardyoung1960@googlemail.com

Cheers

Richard
Tim

I sent my list in to the list checker 3 weeks ago!!!! Shall I send it to you instead? I'll be at home tomorrow and can do it then.

Cheers

Richard

TimChild
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Posts: 356
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:12 pm
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

Warfare 2011 - FOG:R Runners and Riders

Post by TimChild » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:04 am

All lists now received (but not all checked and Simon's corrected version still awaited). However, here are your runners and riders for Warfare:-

Tim Porter - Early 30YW Swedish
Alisdair Harley - Later Imperial Austrian
Simon Clarke - Buccaneer
Martin Van Tol - Early Thirty Years War German Catholic
Richard Bodley-Scott (Umpire) - Early Ottoman
Dave M Allen - Eastern Woodlands Culture
Don McHugh - Muslim Indian
Don Avis - Later Imperial Spanish
Ben Jones - Late Louis XIV French
Adrian Steer - War of the League of Augsburg Anglo-Dutch
Paddy Bray - Early Danish
Peter Davis - Dutch 80YW
Allan Saull - Hungarian Transylvanian
Lance Flint - Later 30YW German
Simon LeRay-Meyer - Later 30YW German
Richard Young - Central Sudanese
Nick Overland - Early Ottoman
Kevin Johnson - Later Swedish
Rob Horn - ECW Parliamentarian
Peter Alexander - Early 30YW Swedish
Stewart Johnson - War of the League of Augsburg Anglo-Dutch
Peter Foster - Later Polish and Lithuanian
Andy Kitcher - Later Swedish
Pete Dalby - Early 30YW Swedish
Dave Parish - Early 30YW Swedish
Nik Gaukroger - Habsburg Austrian Imperial
Steve Hammond - Swiss
Jim Gibson (floater) - Later ECW Royalist

daveallen
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Posts: 542
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:21 am

Post by daveallen » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:49 am

28 players with 22 different armies! Clearly nobody has a clue what the killer army is. Except, of course, Alasdair, and he's not telling.

Looks like we'll have to have themes next year.

Dave

Scrumpy
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
Posts: 1423
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:27 pm
Location: NoVa

Post by Scrumpy » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:52 am

I'll be interested to see the Muslim Indian list after the tournament.

hazelbark
General - Carrier
General - Carrier
Posts: 4957
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:53 pm
Location: Capital of the World !!

Post by hazelbark » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:25 pm

I think it would be good to post lists used at tournament somewhere afterwards. It would help build international interest.

Even if just the top 5.

madaxeman
Major-General - Jagdtiger
Major-General - Jagdtiger
Posts: 2970
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:15 am
Location: London, UK
Contact:

Post by madaxeman » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:21 pm

hazelbark wrote:I think it would be good to post lists used at tournament somewhere afterwards. It would help build international interest.

Even if just the top 5.
I'll be posting at least 5 on my site,plus any others anyone cares to send me.

No guarantee any of them will be from near the top though....
http://www.madaxeman.com
Become a fan of Madaxeman on Facebook at Madaxeman.com's Facebook Page.

nikgaukroger
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator
Posts: 10287
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:30 am
Location: LarryWorld

Post by nikgaukroger » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:27 pm

madaxeman wrote:
hazelbark wrote:I think it would be good to post lists used at tournament somewhere afterwards. It would help build international interest.

Even if just the top 5.
I'll be posting at least 5 on my site,plus any others anyone cares to send me.

No guarantee any of them will be from near the top though....

Happy to send you mine afterwards. Only place I'll be near is last :lol:
Nik Gaukroger

"Never ask a man if he comes from Yorkshire. If he does, he will tell you.
If he does not, why humiliate him?" - Canon Sydney Smith

nikgaukroger@blueyonder.co.uk

kevinj
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I
Posts: 2379
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:21 am
Location: Derbyshire, UK

Post by kevinj » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:37 pm

Hopefully I'll finish painting mine this weekend...

Post Reply

Return to “Tournaments ”