PEL for Cold Wars 2012 due soon

Moderators: Slitherine Core, FOGR Design

hazelbark
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Re: PEL for Cold Wars 2012 due soon

Post by hazelbark » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:48 am

I think the eastern europe is 15 only. The T&T is both scales and that of course depends on turnout.

Scrumpy
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by Scrumpy » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:31 pm

So now we have the possibility of 3 themes ?

Clash of Empires 15mm, T & T 15mm, T & T 25mm

Jeeesh you could win one by being the only one to bring an eligible army along.

stecal
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by stecal » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:03 pm

Scrumpy wrote:So now we have the possibility of 3 themes ?

Clash of Empires 15mm, T & T 15mm, T & T 25mm

Jeeesh you could win one by being the only one to bring an eligible army along.
I think it is a secret plan to drive everyone into the FOGAM Doubles on Saturday. :)
Clear the battlefield and let me see
All the profit from our victory.

hazelbark
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by hazelbark » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:14 am

Hi Dan, I am unable to log in/register on the FOGR Forum so can you put in a post for me?

I want folks to know that for the two themes you can use 15mm or 25mm or both (For example Kevin will play me in 25mm and the play others in 15mm).
The Early Theme is based on Trade and Treachery, armies prior to 1550

The Eastern Theme was titled the War against the Turks and Tartars, All armies from Clash of Empires is valid as well as Transylvanians, Late Poles, Late Turks, Later Imperialists, Later Venetians.
Dan if you can think of any other army that fought the Turks or Tarters, list them as well.
I will ask him about years. I see your point tha 1627 would be a good end date to eliminate salvo foot. Also did the swedes fight the tartars in this period? But then again Salvo foot may not be too exciting in a mounted dominated period.

hazelbark
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by hazelbark » Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:50 pm

I noted elsewhere 8 28mm players from Chicago who may attend Coldwars for Fog R.

Hmmm.

footslogger
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by footslogger » Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:35 pm

hazelbark wrote:I noted elsewhere 8 28mm players from Chicago who may attend Coldwars for Fog R.

Hmmm.
Not exactly. There are 8 of us in Chicago who play 28mm so we have enough to have a decent sized tournament on our own. I think a couple of them are planning to attend Cold Wars. We only seem to have 2 or 3 guys who go to the Pennsylvania tournaments still.

Unclemeat
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Unclemeat » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:08 pm

Two of the "Chicago 8" Myles Toomey and Mark Huml, will play in the Early Theme on Saturday, on Friday they will be playing in the Flames of War tourney. Maybe at a later point other Chicagoans will join us.

stecal

Post by stecal » Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:48 am

Woo hoo! The FOGR open killed FOGAM Friday. 16 FOGR players vs 6 for FOGAM.

Scrumpy

Post by Scrumpy » Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:25 pm

Saturday was a non-starter in the 15mm Fog R tourney though, I heard it imploded ? Too many options, I think one would be better in future.

Although I would prefer the option of an open, a theme and an overall tourney which would work with each player being able to count his highest 3 scores from all his games towards his overall total. I know I found 3 games a day hard going, my right knee was aching long into the night after being sat down at those tables all day.

Players then would have the option to play a couple of games in each format, knowing whilst they would not win the theme or open, they could win the overall, and still fit in time to shop, rest etc. The orignally formatted 30 minute break between rounds for example was not good for those who had pills & potions to take for their health problems. Although Bob did extend this to the full hour.

Thanks to Bob for organizing the events, as far as I saw everyone had fun, and I know I enjoyed my 2 games & never needed to resort to using my 'anti-Nedwich' flintlock pistol once ! :D

stecal

Post by stecal » Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:51 pm

It was more like everyone wanted to play 2 rounds then go home due to various illnesses, etc. The 3 round all-day endurance test is still a big issue with both sets of rules, esp. as we all age. Doing it 2 days in a row -- near impossible.

Saturday there were 4 for 25mm and 5 (7?) for 15mm and we couldn't round up another player. It fell apart after the 2nd round.

Scrumpy

Post by Scrumpy » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:31 pm

The Fog A&M doubles had 4 teams in it, which was nice as we played a round robin, although the 3 round format is as you say a killer.

hazelbark
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by hazelbark » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:37 pm

I posted the results of Friday for Bob in the AM forum by accident. If some moderator can move it over here I will add more.

footslogger

Post by footslogger » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:47 pm

What is the landscape for 28mm FoG-R looking like at Historicon?

babyshark
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by babyshark » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:34 pm

footslogger wrote:What is the landscape for 28mm FoG-R looking like at Historicon?
The full schedule is not yet determined. There will certainly be a FoG:R Open on Saturday and a Team event on Friday (Catholics v. Protestants; details being sorted out now, should be fun). As for whether any of it will be run in 25mm, well, that depends on who shows up. I am sure that there will be enough players for 15mm, and I will be happy to run 25mm as well if the number of players permits it.

There were a good number of 25mm players at Cold Wars, which bodes well for 25mm at Historicon.

Marc

footslogger

Post by footslogger » Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:19 am

babyshark wrote:
footslogger wrote:What is the landscape for 28mm FoG-R looking like at Historicon?
The full schedule is not yet determined. There will certainly be a FoG:R Open on Saturday and a Team event on Friday (Catholics v. Protestants; details being sorted out now, should be fun). As for whether any of it will be run in 25mm, well, that depends on who shows up. I am sure that there will be enough players for 15mm, and I will be happy to run 25mm as well if the number of players permits it.

There were a good number of 25mm players at Cold Wars, which bodes well for 25mm at Historicon.

Marc
If it looks like there will be 25s I might make the trip.

Return to “Tournaments ”