Southern League FOG R 2014 at Oxford

Moderators: Slitherine Core, FOGR Design

alasdair2204
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Posts: 600
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:40 pm

Re: Southern League FOG R 2014 at Oxford

Post by alasdair2204 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:46 pm

daveallen wrote:
alasdair2204 wrote:...more importantly whose got the most mounted

Alasdair
Don't know why it's important, but the northerners will be escorted by 10 BGs of mounted. I hope that's enough.

Dave
Not important at all, just checking no one is bringing more mounted than me, the Covenanters are coming with 18 mounted battlegroups (21 if you include dragoons) be afraid be very afraid, actually don't both whats scarey about lancer cavalry and pistol shooting cavalry

but it will be fun

Alasdair

daveallen
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Posts: 542
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:21 am

Re: Southern League FOG R 2014 at Oxford

Post by daveallen » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:55 pm

alasdair2204 wrote:the Covenanters are coming with 18 mounted battlegroups (21 if you include dragoons) be afraid be very afraid, actually don't both whats scarey about lancer cavalry and pistol shooting cavalry

but it will be fun

Alasdair
Lancer cavalry are pretty scary when they outnumber carbine horse. :oops:

Now where did I put that bloody covenant?

Dave

viking123
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Posts: 970
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:44 pm
Location: Oxfordshire

Re: Southern League FOG R 2014 at Oxford

Post by viking123 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:53 am

Tom has now had 26 lists up to Saturday night - 5 Scots Royalists, 4 Covenanters, 5 Early Royalist, 7 late Royalists and 5 Parliamentarians.

So currently Late ECW Royalist is the favourite army - or is it that is what most people have!!!

Players obviously do not see the potential in the Scots Covenanters that Alasdair does.

That means he is still waiting on 5 lists before we can publish runners and riders.

madaxeman
Major-General - Jagdtiger
Major-General - Jagdtiger
Posts: 2946
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:15 am
Location: London, UK
Contact:

Re: Southern League FOG R 2014 at Oxford

Post by madaxeman » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:01 am

alasdair2204 wrote: Not important at all, just checking no one is bringing more mounted than me, the Covenanters are coming with 18 mounted battlegroups (21 if you include dragoons) be afraid be very afraid, actually don't both whats scarey about lancer cavalry and pistol shooting cavalry

but it will be fun

Alasdair
Aaaah. A 1645 army with no artillery, 3x2 Dragoons and one average regiment of foote by any chance? Which, if my maths are right, also has 4 TCs, 16 units of average unarmoured lancers and 2 units of poor pistol horse?
http://www.madaxeman.com
Become a fan of Madaxeman on Facebook at Madaxeman.com's Facebook Page.

alasdair2204
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Posts: 600
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:40 pm

Re: Southern League FOG R 2014 at Oxford

Post by alasdair2204 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:21 am

madaxeman wrote:
alasdair2204 wrote: Not important at all, just checking no one is bringing more mounted than me, the Covenanters are coming with 18 mounted battlegroups (21 if you include dragoons) be afraid be very afraid, actually don't both whats scarey about lancer cavalry and pistol shooting cavalry

but it will be fun

Alasdair
Aaaah. A 1645 army with no artillery, 3x2 Dragoons and one average regiment of foote by any chance? Which, if my maths are right, also has 4 TCs, 16 units of average unarmoured lancers and 2 units of poor pistol horse?
The foot are not compulsory so no chance, all the cavalry is average and 50% each of Lancers and Pistol shooters according to the lists so close Tim, plus I thought no one has ever played this option so lets have a go

madaxeman
Major-General - Jagdtiger
Major-General - Jagdtiger
Posts: 2946
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:15 am
Location: London, UK
Contact:

Re: Southern League FOG R 2014 at Oxford

Post by madaxeman » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:34 am

hmmm. My copy of the list says all horse in 1645 must either be average/poor lancers, or poor pistols.

Unless there has been an amendment that I've not written in, the Covenanters are only allowed Average pistols from 1650... and Philipburgh is very definitely in 1645.

Would be a terrible shame if you had sent in an incorrect list, and had to change it to include loads of Poor pistol armed horse mind you...
http://www.madaxeman.com
Become a fan of Madaxeman on Facebook at Madaxeman.com's Facebook Page.

quackstheking
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
Posts: 844
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:41 pm
Location: Hertfordshire, England

Re: Southern League FOG R 2014 at Oxford

Post by quackstheking » Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:15 am

madaxeman wrote:hmmm. My copy of the list says all horse in 1645 must either be average/poor lancers, or poor pistols.

Unless there has been an amendment that I've not written in, the Covenanters are only allowed Average pistols from 1650... and Philipburgh is very definitely in 1645.

Would be a terrible shame if you had sent in an incorrect list, and had to change it to include loads of Poor pistol armed horse mind you...
Me thinks Tim is right!!! All those poor shooty pistols hitting on 5's and 6's and re-rolling 6's!!! :twisted:

Don

viking123
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Posts: 970
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:44 pm
Location: Oxfordshire

Re: Southern League FOG R 2014 at Oxford

Post by viking123 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:07 pm

What the list actually says under the Battle of Philiphaugh special campaign is "All Cavalry minima and maxima are tripled and all are Average quality".
I wish Alasdair did have to take Poor pistol armed horse but the wording says clearly that all cavalry is average.

Bob

alasdair2204
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Posts: 600
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:40 pm

Re: Southern League FOG R 2014 at Oxford

Post by alasdair2204 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:28 pm

List is correct

but obviously if upsetting people will go back to my earlier list with 8 superior cavaliers in it

for you lot I would do that

Alasdair

quackstheking
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
Posts: 844
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:41 pm
Location: Hertfordshire, England

Re: Southern League FOG R 2014 at Oxford

Post by quackstheking » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:01 pm

alasdair2204 wrote:List is correct

but obviously if upsetting people will go back to my earlier list with 8 superior cavaliers in it

for you lot I would do that

Alasdair
Alasdair - you could use Nigel's Covenenters and still win! :wink:

Don

viking123
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Posts: 970
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:44 pm
Location: Oxfordshire

Re: Southern League FOG R 2014 at Oxford

Post by viking123 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:40 pm

Sorry Alasdair, no changing list once they have been approved by Tom.

Bob

alasdair2204
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Posts: 600
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:40 pm

Re: Southern League FOG R 2014 at Oxford

Post by alasdair2204 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:08 pm

Does that mean I have to go back to my Cavalier list which was approved by Tom

Alasdair

gibby
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Posts: 336
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:50 am
Location: Northampton

Re: Southern League FOG R 2014 at Oxford

Post by gibby » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:28 pm

Actually , what it says is triple "Cavalry" Min and Max.

There are no Cavalry in the Covenanter army.

viking123
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Posts: 970
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:44 pm
Location: Oxfordshire

Re: Southern League FOG R 2014 at Oxford

Post by viking123 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:36 pm

No Alasdair, you stick with the all mounted list.

Bob

donm2
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Posts: 216
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:24 pm

Re: Southern League FOG R 2014 at Oxford

Post by donm2 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:46 am

Having been out of the country for over a week, I was hoping to see a runners & riders list by now.

Is it not time to name and shame the slackers :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don

daveallen
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Posts: 542
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:21 am

Re: Southern League FOG R 2014 at Oxford

Post by daveallen » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:37 am

donm2 wrote:Having been out of the country for over a week, I was hoping to see a runners & riders list by now.

Is it not time to name and shame the slackers :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don
Not sure it's going to be worth the effort, there won't be any surprises unless one of them has gone Confederate or New Model.

Whatever happens, it looks like the forces of the elect will be outnumbered by foppish counter-revolutionary running dog slackers.

Commisar Dave Spart

viking123
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Posts: 970
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:44 pm
Location: Oxfordshire

Re: Southern League FOG R 2014 at Oxford

Post by viking123 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:02 am

I promised to publish the runners and rider over Easter and would have done if it was not for the fact 1 lists is now outstanding.
Those Tom has received are: -
Ben Jones Oxford Scots Royalist
Paddy Bray Oxford Early ECW Royalist
Jerry Bray Oxford Early ECW Royalist
Tom Elsworth Oxford Early ECW Royalist
Don Avis MKWS Late ECW Royalist
Tim Porter Central London Scots Royalist
Mike Pickering MKWS Scots Royalist
Dave Allen Central London ECW Parliamentarian
Keith Spedding October Late ECW Royalist
Brian Holmes Central London ECW Parliamentarian
Ray Boyles October Early ECW Royalist
Don Mchugh Clevedon Early ECW Royalist
Jim Gibson MKWS Late ECW Royalist
Geoff Punshon Central London ECW Parliamentarian
Bob Amey Impalers Scots Royalist
Andy Finkel Central London Scots Covenanter
Alasdair Harley Oxford Scots Covenanter
Charles Masefield Oxford ECW Parliamentarian
Andy Kitcher Wycombe Late ECW Royalist
Stephen Stead Central London Late ECW Royalist
Jon Akers Scots Covenanter
Gordon Jamieson Central London Scots Covenanter
Martin van Tol Central London Late ECW Royalist
Dene Green Burton ECW Parliamentarian
Steve Holt Burton ECW Parliamentarian
David Fairhurst Oxford Scots Royalist
Bob Medcraft Oxford Late ECW Royalist

I do not know about the last list as I have not heard from Nik to say he is still coming or not.other.

Bob
Last edited by viking123 on Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

donm2
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Posts: 216
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:24 pm

Re: Southern League FOG R 2014 at Oxford

Post by donm2 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:39 pm

Bob,

What time do we need to be there Sunday morning?

Don

viking123
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Posts: 970
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:44 pm
Location: Oxfordshire

Re: Southern League FOG R 2014 at Oxford

Post by viking123 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:57 pm

Don,

I am going to use the same timetable as at Clevedon: -

The time for the Oxford Round are: -

1st Round 9.00am to 11.30am

15 minute break

2nd Round 11.45am to 2.15pm

15 minute break

3rd Round 2.30pm to 5.00pm

Prize giving

Car parking is tight as it is on public roads so it is advisable to get there early.

Bob

andyfinkel
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:46 am

Re: Southern League FOG R 2014 at Oxford

Post by andyfinkel » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:29 pm

Is there anywhere on-site to buy food, or should I bring my own sandwiches?

Also, I just checked on Google maps. They describe the postcode as OX2 8AB and the village hall is indicated as on the left hand side of Wolvercote Green off Godstow Road. Can some kind soul confirm that that is the correct location?

Post Reply

Return to “Tournaments ”