Can you bring Warlords III back?

Got a great idea for a game - why not post it here!

Moderator: Slitherine Core

Cablenexus
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Can you bring Warlords III back?

Post by Cablenexus »

Hi,

Around 20 years ago my favorite TBS strategy game (and for many others) was Warlords III Reign of Heroes and the standalone DLC Warlords III Darklords Rising.
It was developped (and or published) by SSG. It was praised by critics for the fine AI.
You can read more info about the series here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warlords_(game_series)

I really want to play that game again, the original version or a remake it doesn't matter, but I can't find this title anywhere in boxed and or digital form.
It seems SSG doesn't excist anymore and parts of the company where bought by Mattel and Ubisoft (so possible they own the license for this series).

I think this title would fit perfectly in Slitherine's catalog.

If it is Ubisoft who own this license I don't have hope they re release it anytime soon. Possible they don't even know they own that license and it's eventually possible they lost the source code like they did with the Heroes of Might and Magic III games they bought from 3DO back in the days.

My last hope is Slitherine.
Hope someone with knowledge about this market and knowledge of license stuff in general can share their thoughts with me on this subject.
Hope it's the right forum section to comment as it's not really a "new" game idea.
sn0wball
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2

Re: Can you bring Warlords III back?

Post by sn0wball »

Actually, as much as I liked the hero system in Warlords III, as a game, I still preferred Warlords II. Anyway, the idea is great.

I think you could easily create a similiar version without infringing anybodies rights to the original, kind of what Panzer Corps did to Panzer General.
kerrylancaster
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by kerrylancaster »

sn0wball wrote:Actually, as much as I liked the hero system in Warlords III, as a game, I still preferred Warlords II. Anyway, the idea is great.

I think you could easily create a similiar version without infringing anybodies rights to the original, kind of what Panzer Corps did to Panzer General.

Agree! Warlords II Deluxe was the best! Still love it - still have it - still play it occasionally!
Cablenexus
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Cablenexus »

zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

hehehe

Return to “Game Ideas”