War Game Construction Set

Got a great idea for a game - why not post it here!

Moderator: Slitherine Core

Bntyhntr98
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

War Game Construction Set

Post by Bntyhntr98 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:07 am

I love your guys games and I love turn based strategy Period, I like modding games as well and putting my own spin on somthing a creater made or adding a unit i thought might be great for the setting that was created. I see the RPG maker on Steam and i see the potential for a war game to marry with that concept , give us a blank slate , let us create a Turn based war game of our own making through a canvas of your creating let us add any sprites make our own maps, Create grand campaigns , air , land sea, hell even space, let us explore planets and do different things have a world or universe at our fingertips , with a great engine to create it on.

Just a idea ;)

Cablenexus
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Re: War Game Construction Set

Post by Cablenexus » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:52 pm

Hi,

I just see your post and I think the idea is great.

About a month ago, Aggressors: Ancient Rome is released and besides it is a very fun to play strategy game it offers the most flexible content editor I experienced so far.
The game is very open to modifications. You can simply alter all the graphics in the game, but also change the rules, 3D models, terrain and even write your own scripts.
Everything is XML based and you can change the complete look and feel of the game to your liking.

It includes a very easy to use map builder tool that converts every image into a ready to use map:

viewtopic.php?f=519&t=88109

Also you can read the dev diaries (the last 2 focus on modding):

viewtopic.php?f=519&t=87490

Return to “Game Ideas”