25mm games

Moderators: Slitherine Core, FOGR Design

donm
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

25mm games

Post by donm » Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:03 pm

Did any of the beta testers try 25mm games?

Should we look at 650 points on a 6 x 4?

Have some very very old ECW Minfigs and Hinchliffe figures that could do with a dust :) :)

Don

jonathanc
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Re: 25mm games

Post by jonathanc » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:57 am

donm wrote:Did any of the beta testers try 25mm games?

Should we look at 650 points on a 6 x 4?

Have some very very old ECW Minfigs and Hinchliffe figures that could do with a dust :) :)

Don
Don

I did some individual combat testy type stuff with 25/28mm, but not any full size battles. Mechanisms seemed to work fine so didn't commit to e-paper. But, I think that as with DBM (can I say that here) 25mm games at 650 on a 6x4 will provide the same slightly different challenge, and that there is scope for game organisers to allow more points on the same size table which may create a more realistic battle line approach. Time and competitions will tell I guess.

Jonathan

deadtorius
General - Elite King Tiger
General - Elite King Tiger

Post by deadtorius » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:58 pm

We have done 2 games at about 620 points roughly on a 6X4 table with Warrriors 28mm figs. We have been using the 25mm Mu's too. It will be a tight fit and you wont really have much room to maneuver. We have been doing ECW Royalists vs New Model and as the Royalist I quickly found out I want open spaces and take the smallest rough going I can get. Enclosed fields are pike and shot's worst enemy unless you can stand in them and shoot out, but your moving like a turtle in there so be prepared to sloooowly work your way across. Great place for Dragoons to hide out in. Depending on your army try to figure out if you want wide open or junk to hide in when it comes to terrain.
Both our games have been enjoyable so don't worry, dust the boys off and give the rules a spin. Its a great game to play :)

bertalucci
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by bertalucci » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:31 am

I think I have posted this elsewhere but .....

Played 2 games 25mm Early Caroline English vs Covenanter
Both armies 450 points on a 6x4 table

It really seemed enough to me, first game was in the open, second game maxed out on forests + a marsh and more.

Really tricky both games

I only just managed to deploy my troops in the second game!

Both armies had multiple battle lines / reserves

Bert

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:46 am

bertalucci wrote:I think I have posted this elsewhere but .....

Played 2 games 25mm Early Caroline English vs Covenanter
Both armies 450 points on a 6x4 table

It really seemed enough to me, first game was in the open, second game maxed out on forests + a marsh and more.

Really tricky both games

I only just managed to deploy my troops in the second game!

Both armies had multiple battle lines / reserves
Both are relatively low quality armies with more troops than average.

mbsparta
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by mbsparta » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:34 am

If your playing on a 6x4 table use the 1" = 1 MU scale. This works fine for Fog-R and Fog-AM. 650 points are about the maximum you want to try. We prefer 600 point armies. Also limit the terrain on a 6x4 table for 28mm battles.

We have been playing NMA vs. Scots Covenanters in our last two games. The NMA at 600 points is perfect for the table size. 600 points of Scots takes more room. So far NMA has one win and one draw. Cromwell would be so pleased.

Mike B

Return to “Army Design”