Obsolete

Moderators: pantherboy, Slitherine Core, NewRoSoft

flatsix518
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Re: Rear charging in two stages

Post by flatsix518 »

My feeling is that whatever the computer allows for movement and combat is legal. The primary reason I prefer computer play to TT or boardgames, is I don't have to worry about making an illegal move or my opponent making an illegal move.

flatsix518 "the thick"
batesmotel
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Re: Rear charging in two stages

Post by batesmotel »

The original bug was an artifact of making a move in a specific way that certainly was not the intended behavior in the game and needed to be fixed. It was more of an issue if only one player in a game was aware of the bug and was able to exploit it but it significantly reduced game playability and directly invalidated what the game designer intended to be the restrictions placed on making a rear charge. A rear charge that starts legitimately from a position behind the target will have the automatic cohesion drop while one that does not gets the improved PoA without the cohesion drop.

The bug was fixed nearly a year ago with the patch with the Battle PAck release at any rate so really is ancient history and doesn't deserve more rehashing at this point.

Chris
....where life is beautiful all the time
pantherboy
Tournament 3rd Place
Tournament 3rd Place

Re: LoEG Open League

Post by pantherboy »

flatsix518 wrote:I was busy getting my tail kicked in Div D, Season 6 -- so didn't notice. I went off into pickup play land and skipped LoEG (7-8) until I could at least give most opponents a decent game. My recollection was that Super League was restricted to top ranked players. Maybe not accurate.
It was restricted to players with a league ranking whether high or low. It also required the player to provide a fixed army list for all matches. As such I wanted to avoid beginners as drawing from any list and fixing its composition meant you needed a good familiarity with the game. Basically play one season of league and then be eligible for the supers.

Cheers,

Steve
Aristides
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

From Stockwellpete and Aristides

Post by Aristides »

Dear All,

We (that’s Stockwellpete and Aristides) were having a good-natured chat about the recent goings on and we both realised we have a few regrets.

While we both think vigorous discussion is healthy, we accept that at times we let our frustrations get the better of us.
We would like therefore to apologise for offending anyone, specifically with taking up too much bandwidth in the wrong places and the occasional use of language that was, shall we say, stronger than advisable under the circumstances.

In addition, in relation to our own bickering, we have truly moved on – though we hold different views on many things, there will be no residue in the form of grudges or resentment; this can be destabilising in a forum.

With this latter in mind, we also both invite any reasonably-phrased complaints via PM should any Forum members wish to air grievances; we will listen without prejudice (we may not agree, but we will give an honest response). We hope in this way we can all move on and fully focus on the more important task of fighting each other on the battlefields of glory!

Yours sincerely, Stockwellpete and Aristides
Sharkall
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Re: From Stockwellpete and Aristides

Post by Sharkall »

Hello ! I missed most of the arguing and am still a bit unsure about what happened, but I'm certainly happy to hear that it's on the mend. Since I got introduced to FoG last year I didn't have any big reason to be angry or complain, and I really enjoyed the sense of community here. If it weren't for that I wouldn't probably stick to playing ... So I agree that fighting (on the battlefield not on the forum) should be the main way of solving conflicts here, and non-constructive arguing is not particularly useful.

I also hope that Eric's leaving is not long term, and he'll still be around here to provide those challenging (and sometimes very rewarding sometimes bitter) matches! I have tried to also send him a friendly PM but unfortunately it was disabled :( That's a bit sad, I've even ditched my usual horse racing form study for tomorrow for this ^_^
pantherboy
Tournament 3rd Place
Tournament 3rd Place

First Polling

Post by pantherboy »

I am asking all players (including past & those interested in joining) to indicate their preferences. The poll has been set up to allow you to change your vote at anytime so don't be too concerned with what you choose. Other poll questions will be appearing in the future. Please do not post on this thread but rather debate issues in the other threads of this section.
oasis22
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: Obsolete

Post by oasis22 »

Mr P. Veal could you be less criptic in your tweet... thank you
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Obsolete

Post by pipfromslitherine »

oasis22 wrote:Mr P. Veal could you be less criptic in your tweet... thank you
Errrr, what? Or is your cryptic-ness merely a very clever piece of irony :)

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here

Return to “Field of Glory: League of Extraordinary Gentleman”