Number of Armies for Season 11

Moderators: pantherboy, Slitherine Core, NewRoSoft

In both rounds for Season 11 how many armies should be in the pool for selection?

11%
8%
17%
6%
28%
over 10
14%
All
17%

Total votes: 36

pantherboy
Tournament 3rd Place
Tournament 3rd Place

Number of Armies for Season 11

Post by pantherboy »

This is a poll for the number of armies players will be able to choose from. You may vote for as many of the options that you find acceptable. You may also alter your vote at any time. You may make posts regarding the number of armies with any opinions you would like to express. Please confine statements to this topic only as there will be other threads for different topics.
ianiow
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Re: Number of Armies for Season 11

Post by ianiow »

I think it depends on how many players are in each group/division. I would vote Number of Armies = Number of Players +2
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

ianiow wrote:I think it depends on how many players are in each group/division. I would vote Number of Armies = Number of Players +2
I think it is very likely to be 6 players given what Steve has written in his introductory post in the "Fixed Army Lists" thread.
Okie
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by Okie »

I think that ALL armies in each time frame should be allowed. After all some of us just want to play an army because we like it or want to try it out rather then just by how well it would do in the tournament. :shock: :roll: :oops: At lest thats what I do. Maybe I'd do better in the turney if I'd chose from the best but then they would become the only armies used and become boring!! :P Okie
klayeckles
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2

Post by klayeckles »

ianiow wrote:I think it depends on how many players are in each group/division. I would vote Number of Armies = Number of Players +2
I agree. and would add that the gamey armies are the ones with cheap LF., and lots of poor support troops. for a mere 40 pts a player can obtain 20 poor jv/ls LF...that really beefs up the morale level. we all have a good idea of who these armies are, (just look at what the top players are using to win). It would be nice to see the army lists without the "horde" options...the masses of poor LF should be the exception not the rule. there was talk of altering in 2.0 the break number calculations for armies to address this, either by cutting back on the break value of poor troops (ie they might only contribute 1/2 pt) or of light troops.

for a tourney we could simply eliminate some of the obvious culprits (armies not players :wink: ) such as bosperans, lat. achia, jews, catalan etc. or perhaps limit the number of poor troops in an army.
Morbio
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Post by Morbio »

Any update when the next season of LOEG will be? I'm really looking forward to this.

Steve: If there's any help you need to make this happen, just ask :)

Morbio

Return to “Field of Glory: League of Extraordinary Gentleman”