Quick tournament

Forum for the organisation of official and user tournaments or leagues.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

TankerOne
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Re: Quick tournament

Post by TankerOne » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:03 pm

Sure, I am absolutely terrible at finishing games on time though.

glenghiscan
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by glenghiscan » Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:03 pm

Sorry just checked looks like I've missed my slot I'll look out for a repost over next few days if still playing tourney ? Might be an idea to do it over on ba2 seems much more active over there

peterjfrigate

Post by peterjfrigate » Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:24 pm

hi - too late to join?

TankerOne
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by TankerOne » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:36 pm

Nope, welcome aboard.

TankerOne
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by TankerOne » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:37 pm

glenghiscan wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:03 pm
Sorry just checked looks like I've missed my slot I'll look out for a repost over next few days if still playing tourney ? Might be an idea to do it over on ba2 seems much more active over there
Yeah, I will probably be alternating between the two.

glenghiscan

Post by glenghiscan » Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:34 pm

Do we play 2 games as axis and allies ? Cornfields posted password 1234 time to cross swords with peterjfrigate once more

TankerOne
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by TankerOne » Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:17 pm

Nope, you just play once on each map.

TankerOne
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by TankerOne » Wed May 13, 2020 7:28 pm

Tournament is over due to people losing interest. Thanks everyone for playing this round. In a couple of weeks, I might start a tournament on BA 2 eastern front

ahuyton
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by ahuyton » Sat May 16, 2020 3:47 pm

TankerOne wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 7:28 pm
Tournament is over due to people losing interest. Thanks everyone for playing this round. In a couple of weeks, I might start a tournament on BA 2 eastern front
Thanks at least for trying. I enjoyed my two games despite being battered to pieces in both. I would quite like to know the 'secret' to winning with the British tank force against a panzer army of Panthers. I presume it is possible but have not a clue how you would do it.

TankerOne
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by TankerOne » Mon May 18, 2020 1:37 am

ahuyton wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 3:47 pm

I would quite like to know the 'secret' to winning with the British tank force against a panzer army of Panthers. I presume it is possible but have not a clue how you would do it.
It depends on who your fighting. Opponents who haven’t read up on what the cats are usually use them as a breakthrough tank, putting them in a situation where they can’t make use of their range and frontal armour to protect themselves. The best way to counter this is using your Churchill’s to provoke opportunity attacks and then sending in the Sherman. Fireflies and 76mm should stay back, as their guns can frontally pen tigers and panthers from 1000 meters or so. Against a experienced or well read opponent using cats, your best bet is to bite the bullet and charge. Though it may seems like a bad idea, the goal is to suppress the cats so they cannot fire while getting your tanks closer for the kill. You will lose armour in this process, so your use of cover and infantry is a must.

ahuyton

Post by ahuyton » Mon May 18, 2020 9:49 am

TankerOne wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 1:37 am
ahuyton wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 3:47 pm

I would quite like to know the 'secret' to winning with the British tank force against a panzer army of Panthers. I presume it is possible but have not a clue how you would do it.
It depends on who your fighting. Opponents who haven’t read up on what the cats are usually use them as a breakthrough tank, putting them in a situation where they can’t make use of their range and frontal armour to protect themselves. The best way to counter this is using your Churchill’s to provoke opportunity attacks and then sending in the Sherman. Fireflies and 76mm should stay back, as their guns can frontally pen tigers and panthers from 1000 meters or so. Against a experienced or well read opponent using cats, your best bet is to bite the bullet and charge. Though it may seems like a bad idea, the goal is to suppress the cats so they cannot fire while getting your tanks closer for the kill. You will lose armour in this process, so your use of cover and infantry is a must.
Thanks, that is very helpful/ I will have to give it a try. I had not thought of using the Churchills in that way.

Return to “Battle Academy : Tournaments & Leagues”