"A Duplicate Bridge Too Far" Tournament

Forum for the organisation of official and user tournaments or leagues.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

Acererak
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by Acererak »

To follow the rule, we would need to wait and see final results for Allied flight this round to get the average score. Then compare to your proposed score with Logan5 confirmation and give you the points accordingly.

Could you give us the modified score as to how it should look like if Logan5 would have not surrendered?

Cheers
Crestone
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Crestone »

Acererak wrote:To follow the rule, we would need to wait and see final results for Allied flight this round to get the average score. Then compare to your proposed score with Logan5 confirmation and give you the points accordingly.

Could you give us the modified score as to how it should look like if Logan5 would have not surrendered?

Cheers
The score given above is how the game stood at the point of the last completed turn: 121 points.

There were nine turns remaining. The Allies had lost 1 piece of armor, 1 halftrack, and 1 truck. The Axis had, as Logan said, two or three infantry left. As Logan and I both agree, the remaining flag would surely have been taken by the Allies, adding 10 points to the Allied total. As for further kills or losses, I strongly doubt that the Allies would have lost any further units, whereas the Axis stood to be wiped out, but I don't want to make an issue of that or cause any bad feelings among the other players. Simply adding the last flag to my total would yield an Allied final score of 131.

If there are objections to that by the rest of the field, I would forego my claim. However, I feel I should at least be given the score I attained on the last turn played, not an average from the rest of the scores. And finally, as mentioned above, I don't want to create a squabble about this because I believe it is mathematically impossible for Hidde to drop from first place even if he were to score zero in the final scenario and another Allied player scored the maximum. (As a side note to Hidde, I think your losses should total 6 [minus 3 times 2]).

May peace reign over the battlefield. :)
hidde
Brigadier-General - 8.8 cm Pak 43/41

Post by hidde »

Darned, you are right.
Corrected.
Acererak

Post by Acererak »

Crestone wrote:
Acererak wrote:To follow the rule, we would need to wait and see final results for Allied flight this round to get the average score. Then compare to your proposed score with Logan5 confirmation and give you the points accordingly.

Cheers
The score given above is how the game stood at the point of the last completed turn: 121 points.

There were nine turns remaining. The Allies had lost 1 piece of armor, 1 halftrack, and 1 truck. The Axis had, as Logan said, two or three infantry left. As Logan and I both agree, the remaining flag would surely have been taken by the Allies, adding 10 points to the Allied total. As for further kills or losses, I strongly doubt that the Allies would have lost any further units, whereas the Axis stood to be wiped out, but I don't want to make an issue of that or cause any bad feelings among the other players. Simply adding the last flag to my total would yield an Allied final score of 131.

If there are objections to that by the rest of the field, I would forego my claim. However, I feel I should at least be given the score I attained on the last turn played, not an average from the rest of the scores. And finally, as mentioned above, I don't want to create a squabble about this because I believe it is mathematically impossible for Hidde to drop from first place even if he were to score zero in the final scenario and another Allied player scored the maximum. (As a side note to Hidde, I think your losses should total 6 [minus 3 times 2]).

May peace reign over the battlefield. :)
Sounds fair enough and is supported by your opponent so I think your proposed score makes sense.

I suggest we wait for final results anyway, since an average score in this case might benefit you as Axis is getting wiped. If that would be higher I believe you should score the average one from what you reported of the game, since the kills are not properly accounted for.

I will let SailingGuy have the final word in any case

Cheers
Crestone
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Crestone »

Sounds good to me. Thanks to all for the help in resolving this.
CharlyG
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by CharlyG »

Last played turn was one month ago (We've only finished turn 2 in the Along the road scenario).
Any news from thesharpend ?
hidde

Post by hidde »

CharlyG wrote:Last played turn was one month ago (We've only finished turn 2 in the Along the road scenario).
Any news from thesharpend ?
No explanation from him?
Looks to me like he's gone :x
I hope this tourny doesn't grind to a halt...
CharlyG
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by CharlyG »

My opponent was out of town for 10 days during holidays.
Acererak

Post by Acererak »

No worries folks. Drop outs were considered in writing the tournament rules and we have a solution for them. If we finish this Round and the guy has not shown up yet, then opponent will score average points from his flight and we will try to find a replacement (which we might actually have by the way) for next round.

I am litterally finished in this round having ben wiped out by my opponent. I will let him post the scores for his own glory.

Cheers
PirateJock_Wargamer

Post by PirateJock_Wargamer »

Well me and shawnt63 are slogging it out. In an interesting endgame against a Panther I'm scared of and who won't stand still and elusive infantry, including a Panzerschreck who shoots my tanks! How am I supposed to get a high point score :wink:
CharlyG
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by CharlyG »

Acererak wrote:No worries folks. Drop outs were considered in writing the tournament rules and we have a solution for them. If we finish this Round and the guy has not shown up yet, then opponent will score average points from his flight and we will try to find a replacement (which we might actually have by the way) for next round.
It's the same opponent for Sleet : (thesharpend).
He hasn't begun the "Winter Village" scenario with him and I've just finished only 2 turns in the "Along the Road" with him (the battle was at the beginning when the game was stopped)
In order to avoid penality for each player, can we have a replacement for these battles if necessary.
Acererak

Post by Acererak »

Consulting that possibility with Supreme Command at the moment.

Wait for your orders, Commander! :P
PirateJock_Wargamer

Post by PirateJock_Wargamer »

Game finished against shawnt63 with an Allies victory. The final score was 120 : 0. At the end Allies held all 7 flags, lost 8 units and killed 22 Axis units.

Allies had a good (very lucky) opfire round early on (Turn 4) killing off all the Axis armour on their left flank; allowing my tanks to move up and swing round onto the town. Couple of surprises with Axis infantry and multiple half-tracks in the town and problems trying to get to the Panther on the hill Axis' right - ended up having to draw it out with an M18 ... didn't seem interested in my lowly M5 :wink:

Thanks for the good game shawnt63 :) Although it's heavily biased to the Allies I still had to be careful how I played it right to the end; the early opfire kills made a big difference.

Cheers
shawnt63
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by shawnt63 »

It was a fun game Jock and thanks to you for a good fight. YOu really took me out of the game by turn five, but it's not just lucky shooting, you did the right thing by over loading your right and concentrating on rolling up the flank!
Acererak

Post by Acererak »

Hi guys

From my last chat with SaillingGuy, I think we all agree to the following :

1. Let falco come in as replacement for thesharpened right away. He will have the same points thesharpened did in previous rounds

2. Let CharlyG and Sleet repeat both their scenarios against falco. Please set up both games and send PM to falco with code for playing them

3. SaillingGuy will update the tournament charts once this round is finished

Cheers
Acererak
shawnt63
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by shawnt63 »

Bit like herding cats isn't it :) But more fun I think!
CharlyG
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by CharlyG »

SailingGuy and I have just finished "Winter Village", and it was a total victory for the Axis.

Flags: Axis 7 - Allied 0
Kills: Axis 22 - Allied 5
Losses: Axis 5 - Allied 22

Axis victory +30 points

Final Points:
Axis : 129
Allied : 0

For information, I will contact falco to play "Along the Road" in the evening.
SailingGuy
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by SailingGuy »

SailingGuy

Post by SailingGuy »

Please check your score for accuracy. Also, will need Arminius score from "Winter Village".
SailingGuy

Post by SailingGuy »

Let's go ahead and proceed with Round 6.

Round 6: Close Combat
(Axis player listed first)
Acererak vs. hidde
CharlyG vs. Arminius
Sleet vs. SailingGuy
shawnt63 vs. falco
LOGAN5 vs. PirateJock
junk2drive vs. Crestone

As always, the Axis player should set up the game and PM the password to his opponent.

Good luck.

Return to “Battle Academy : Tournaments & Leagues”