Dieppe Tournament V1.1

Forum for the organisation of official and user tournaments or leagues.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

GottaLove88s
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E

Re: Beta Dieppe Tournament V1.04

Post by GottaLove88s »

Ranger wrote:Everything is wonderful. Night fighters with night vision.... A need for smoke scrrens at night... Super long range and accurate coastal gun reaction fire... Deadly accurate night fire without the aid of flares... German infantry in kill zones on the beaches...
Several good points Ranger... Thanks!
Fighters/bombers should be locked out until dawn... Doh!
Am trying to halve accuracy of everything at night (see modders corner)
Not sure how/if we should prevent Germans from using infantry as spotters for their guns? What do u have in mind?
SCENARIO LINKS
Seelow'45 -> www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=313&t=55132
Normandy'44 -> www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=42094
Dieppe'42 -> www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=42347
LandMarine47
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by LandMarine47 »

In rf900's Bulge Campagin on the 3rd Mission all units can't fire or move because they are "resting". He did this for some turn so American scouts could get into the right place to attack. Perhaps do this with the Coastal Guns?
bfume
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by bfume »

I have the feeling this may be an overall BA issue, but just in case, I'll mention it [though I've only seen it on this map].

If (1) my iPad loses network connectivity before submitting my turn, and (2) I don't know that I lost connectivity, so I submit my turn anyway, and then (3) I return to the battlefield instead of hitting "retry" over and over: the battlefield I see reflects the status of my turn before the moves I was just trying to submit. However, if I go to submit my turn again as usual, the proper moves are sent to Slitherine.

Not exactly the kind of thing you want to see after spending half an hour on your strategy! :-)

I'll x-post this into the general tech support threads if it's not a map-specific thing.
GottaLove88s

Post by GottaLove88s »

Hey Bfume, that's normal.
The screen always reverts to the start of the turn visually but does indeed send the correct moves to the server... I think they just do it to test your pulse rate! ;-)
SCENARIO LINKS
jcb989
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by jcb989 »

LandMarine47 wrote:Ok let's do this! I guess it me and JCB and if I'm correct he wants to play as Allies first. Ok here we go hope you go easy on me :oops:
GAME PENDING -- JCB989 (Allies) vs LandMarine47 (Germans)
GAME PENDING -- JCB989 (Germans) vs LandMarine47 (Allies)
OK I'm ready to start - sorry about the long delay but was trying to wrap up V1.02 games.
What was the password again? A quick scan, can't find it in the thread. Will go enter some random ones hoping to catch it.

*** scratch that, got 'em, here we go! Do I try something experimental? Or do I go with tried and truuuuue
LandMarine47
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by LandMarine47 »

Hope you don't mind but I'm only gonna play one game at a time :oops: don't have the time with preparations for June 11th. And I'm traveling.
jcb989

Post by jcb989 »

LandMarine47 wrote:Hope you don't mind but I'm only gonna play one game at a time :oops: don't have the time with preparations for June 11th. And I'm traveling.
No worries at all.
GottaLove88s

Post by GottaLove88s »

Gentlemen,

Major upgrade to v1.1 is now available...

Critically, I've made certain rebalancing that will favour the Allied assault in the early stages of the game... Dead units (in particular those pesky German freighters) will immediately lose their line of sight (LOS) once they die... Also aircraft cannot attack in the dark (they may take off at night, but actual attacks will not be carried out until dawn)...

Updating to 1.1 is strongly recommended... In fact, LandMarine, unless you strongly object, I'd even suggest restarting this tournament using v1.1... It will make THAT much of a difference... :D

Enjoy!

* ADDED in v1.1 - More charges for assault units
* FIXED in v1.1 - Enforce delays to prevent fighter-bombers or off board arty until dawn (at the earliest)
* FIXED in v1.1 - Prevent 'dead unit LOS' (where BA permits units that have been killed to enjoy LOS for one more turn)
* FIXED in v1.1 - Remove 'must hold 1 flag' defeat condition
* FIXED IN v1.1 - Remove the rain effect
* ADDED in v1.1 - Add UI flash ups to explain deployment, night and dawn
* FIXED in v1.1 - Dawn LOS to 80% (from 66%)
SCENARIO LINKS
LandMarine47
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by LandMarine47 »

GottaLove88s wrote:Gentlemen,

Major upgrade to v1.1 is now available...

Critically, I've made certain rebalancing that will favour the Allied assault in the early stages of the game... Dead units (in particular those pesky German freighters) will immediately lose their line of sight (LOS) once they die... Also aircraft cannot attack in the dark (they may take off at night, but actual attacks will not be carried out until dawn)...

Updating to 1.1 is strongly recommended... In fact, LandMarine, unless you strongly object, I'd even suggest restarting this tournament using v1.1... It will make THAT much of a difference... :D

Enjoy!

* ADDED in v1.1 - More charges for assault units
* FIXED in v1.1 - Enforce delays to prevent fighter-bombers or off board arty until dawn (at the earliest)
* FIXED in v1.1 - Prevent 'dead unit LOS' (where BA permits units that have been killed to enjoy LOS for one more turn)
* FIXED in v1.1 - Remove 'must hold 1 flag' defeat condition
* FIXED IN v1.1 - Remove the rain effect
* ADDED in v1.1 - Add UI flash ups to explain deployment, night and dawn
* FIXED in v1.1 - Dawn LOS to 80% (from 66%)
Well I haven't started my match with JCB (Sorry too busy in France enjoying the scenery to do any GM'ing exept some fight with Cavehobbit) and can't find the time to do so. But everyone else lets finish up with the tourney in progress. After that upgrade and I will begin to organize some Finals (Somebody is gonna be on the bleachers lol) with 1.1 and JCB should we upgrade to 1.1 or continue on 1.04
LandMarine47
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Re: Beta Dieppe Tournament V1.1

Post by LandMarine47 »

Ok I've upgraded to 1.1 :) hope it's ok with ya JCB
GottaLove88s

Post by GottaLove88s »

Ranger & I have both upgraded... v1.04 was a wipeout for both of us, lol... v1.1, I'm going to hit that darn town a whole lot HARDER!! :twisted:
SCENARIO LINKS
jcb989

Post by jcb989 »

what will happen to my games in progress if I upgrade? I have a pair going against Mike and Al each.
GottaLove88s

Post by GottaLove88s »

jcb989 wrote:what will happen to my games in progress if I upgrade? I have a pair going against Mike and Al each.
So long as BOTH of you upgrade, you can carry on without any disruption... 8)

Although, unless you're a long way into the battles... say 8 turns or more... I'd recommend just upgrading to v1.1 and restarting... It makes a huge difference in favour of the Allies, for a much more enjoyable game... Let me know what you think?

Sorry for the hassle guys... :oops:
SCENARIO LINKS
LandMarine47
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by LandMarine47 »

Things should get more interesting! If things get more exciting I'll make another tournament on the Anniversary of the Dieppe Raid. At that point I think Dieppe will safely be out of beta no? The only problem I've seen is that when you deploy your Churchill's their backs are exposed! Can't tell you how many tanks I've lost on the beach because of that :(
LandMarine47
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by LandMarine47 »

GottaLove88s wrote:Ranger & I have both upgraded... v1.04 was a wipeout for both of us, lol... v1.1, I'm going to hit that darn town a whole lot HARDER!! :twisted:
Remember drop the play same person twice! As I said before for 1.1 finals will be up. Status update from Bfume?
GottaLove88s

Post by GottaLove88s »

LandMarine47 wrote:
GottaLove88s wrote:Ranger & I have both upgraded... v1.04 was a wipeout for both of us, lol... v1.1, I'm going to hit that darn town a whole lot HARDER!! :twisted:
Remember drop the play same person twice! As I said before for 1.1 finals will be up. Status update from Bfume?
Hey LM, Remember if you only play Dieppe once, whoever plays Germans has a significant advantage (at least they do in v1.04).
That's why Ranger & I decided to play 2way for v1.1... Will let you know our results... We haven't started yet...

(Hey Ranger, Can you cancel our v1.04 game? I think it's still with you at the moment. I've accepted the v1.1's you posted 8) )
SCENARIO LINKS
peterjfrigate
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by peterjfrigate »

I have upgraded.
bfume

Post by bfume »

peterjfrigate wrote:I have upgraded.
Updating now and continuing. Was a slow weekend for all - I intend to play my arse off this week, so bring 'em on. :-)
bfume

Post by bfume »

After upgrading (we've both confirmed that we've upgraded), I'm getting the "scripts are different" dialog... is that normal, or should we start over?
GottaLove88s

Post by GottaLove88s »

bfume wrote:After upgrading (we've both confirmed that we've upgraded), I'm getting the "scripts are different" dialog... is that normal, or should we start over?
If there's a difference between turns, say he sent a turn, then upgraded to 1.1, then you upgraded, it would still report a mismatch. Give it a couple more turns and the error should disappear... If not, one of you doesn't have the latest version... It will work 8)
SCENARIO LINKS

Return to “Battle Academy : Tournaments & Leagues”