I can't Launch Sengoku Jidai or Pike and Shotte Campaigns.

Having problems with the download service? Need help ordering from the Slitherine shop? Tell us your problems and we'll do what we can to help!

Moderator: Slitherine Core

JarlGreedo
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

I can't Launch Sengoku Jidai or Pike and Shotte Campaigns.

Post by JarlGreedo »

When I launch the game from steam the basic box pops up to launch. I click play. It tells me the patch notes, then says it is attempting to connect to the internet. This is where nothing happens and it renders my computer useless until I restart it or sign out. Is there any fix for these issues? My computer is up to date and all, It would just be a shame if I had to refund these games because I can't even launch them let alone play them.
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: I can't Launch Sengoku Jidai or Pike and Shotte Campaigns.

Post by pipfromslitherine »

This is generally caused by the game trying to launch at the wrong resolution. First try deleting the OPTIONS.TXT file in Documents/My Games/PSCAMP (using Pike and Shot as an example). If that does not work then open the file in notepad and check the values of REZX and REZY to see if they match the resolution your machine can use.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
JarlGreedo

Post by JarlGreedo »

No dice on deleting the OPTIONS.TXT, What file should I open in note pad, what should I put in it and where should I put it?
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

You should open the OPTIONS.TXT file. If the file doesn't exist in the folder then you may need to create a startup stub to work around whatever is trying to start the game in the wrong resolution. Create an OPTIONS.TXT file in the above folder, and enter the lines:

RezX 1024
RezY 768
Fullscreen 0

This should start up the game in a small window on the desktop, allowing you to then use the options to set the appropriate resolution. If you already know a safe resolution for your monitor you can of course enter those values instead. Save the file and then run the game.

Cheers

Pip
JarlGreedo

Post by JarlGreedo »

Alright I will make the file now. How would I make up a start up stub? Is that just the text file I am creating as we speak?
JarlGreedo

Post by JarlGreedo »

*UPDATE*

I made the text file as you said and put what you posted inside of it. I had it in the SJIDAI folder and attempted to launch. Still ran into the problem, so I cut and pasted it into the AUTODOCS folder and it still is not launching. I get to the same place. It opens in steam, asks what key I am going to play on (because I own the dlc) It goes to your menu to click play and the other options as well. I click play It shows me the latest patches, I click through that. It tells me It needs to connect to the internet, I say ok, and BOOM, nothing. Just locks up my computer. Is this because I need to make a start up stub as you suggested?
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

So you created an OPTIONS.TXT file in Documents/My Games/SJIDIA with the above lines in and it still doesn't work correctly? If that is the case then please post the contents of the error.log file which is generated in the same folder when you run the game.

Thanks, and sorry for the troubles you are having.

Cheers

Pip
JarlGreedo

Post by JarlGreedo »

Pip, Thank you for being so patient in helping me. I finally realized what the mistake was. While creating the OPTIONS text file I was naming it "OPTIONS.TXT" which was not registering with the launch. After switching the text file name to just "OPTIONS" both games booted up and ran. I chose to run them both three times over to make sure and they ran smoothly. Thank you for your time, insight and patience.

Now I will finally load and play the game with a smile on my face.
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

You likely have the extensions for known types turned off in Windows explorer, which means that the filename was likely OPTIONS.TXT.TXT - it's a design decision supposed to make things more friendly for users, but which likely messed with things in the background in this case. Very glad you are up and running! :)

Cheers

Pip

Return to “Online Ordering & Support”