Best use for winnsberger

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

Ursulet
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Best use for winnsberger

Post by Ursulet »

I never quite knew what to do with him. He always seemed to suffer of the comparison with Oleh Dir and underperform and taking way more casualties as a GJ, or be too slow and trailing behind as a grenadier, or just not shining as wechmacht.

And then in my 1941 run, i decided to use him as a patrooper and wow, in vyazma or streets of Moscow, he shined, with 12 overstrength, he did just as good as Dir, with his 7 initiative, he chainsawed the t-34w and no troop dared attacking him.

I intend to keep him so till 1943. Is that the best way to use him?
goose_2
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017

Re: Best use for winnsberger

Post by goose_2 »

I use him as a regular infantry in my Ultimate playthrough as he has a +1 Movement as 2nd hero. He is doing quite well in 43. I wanted the balance of attack on both soft and hard. This is devesatating, especially in close defense.
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ
Ursulet

Post by Ursulet »

Yeah, that makes him a slower oleh dir.
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Yeah I used Oleh Dir as a Pioniere. He was given a +1 Movement and +1 Initiative 2nd and 3rd heroes.

Wasted heroes as he is already fast and fires first...mostly
goose_2

heinzrondorf
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by heinzrondorf »

Ursulet wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:52 pm I never quite knew what to do with him. He always seemed to suffer of the comparison with Oleh Dir and underperform and taking way more casualties as a GJ, or be too slow and trailing behind as a grenadier, or just not shining as wechmacht.

And then in my 1941 run, i decided to use him as a patrooper and wow, in vyazma or streets of Moscow, he shined, with 12 overstrength, he did just as good as Dir, with his 7 initiative, he chainsawed the t-34w and no troop dared attacking him.

I intend to keep him so till 1943. Is that the best way to use him?
I have also mainly used him as regular infantry since he does not have any movement bonus and he has done quite well but I agree with you, it does not feel he is being used to his max. I think I might try paratrooper for a while and then make a new decision if/when he gets the second hero. If he gets a move hero then he becomes a grenadier.
faos333
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by faos333 »

Very good idea to use Winnsberger as a Fallschirmjäger it out shines ! :D :D :D

I used him in this role as well, now in GC 1944 I switched him to a Pz Grenadier to deploy in Korsun pocket
Battlefield Europe get the most from Panzer Corps 8)
Download the new 2.4 Mod here http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=47985
heinzrondorf

Post by heinzrondorf »

To those of you who use him as a paratrooper, do you give him a land transport and use him strictly on the ground or do you use him as a true paratrooper without land transport?

The reason I am asking is I already have 2x Fallschirmjäger with defensive heroes, 1 x Wehrmacht Infanterie and 1x Pioniere (Oleh Dir). I feel 3x Fallschirmjäger might be a bit overkill so I am hesitating...
Ursulet

Post by Ursulet »

No land transport.
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Oh I forgot. In my West Ultimate playthrough I used Winnsberger as a Kradschutzen. He is cheap and effective going where needed, when needed, usually.
goose_2

goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

heinzrondorf wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:11 pm To those of you who use him as a paratrooper, do you give him a land transport and use him strictly on the ground or do you use him as a true paratrooper without land transport?

The reason I am asking is I already have 2x Fallschirmjäger with defensive heroes, 1 x Wehrmacht Infanterie and 1x Pioniere (Oleh Dir). I feel 3x Fallschirmjäger might be a bit overkill so I am hesitating...
You do not need to give Paratroopers transports to start them on the ground, just select the air versus land button to start them on the ground.
goose_2

faos333

Post by faos333 »

goose_2 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:23 am Oh I forgot. In my West Ultimate playthrough I used Winnsberger as a Kradschutzen. He is cheap and effective going where needed, when needed, usually.
hm another good 😌 idea 💡 he should be great in that role
Battlefield Europe get the most from Panzer Corps 8)
Download the new 2.4 Mod here http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=47985
captainjack
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Post by captainjack »

Good idea to use him as kradschutzen. I can see the attraction but get frustrated by constant refuelling, especially in snow, so normally use him as pioneer or grenadier.

Return to “Panzer Corps”