Here we go:
A fantastic and addictive recreation of Panzer General, capturing all those little things that made Panzer General great, with a few new twists and upgraded presentation.
PROS (in no particular order):
- Good, clean, crisp 2D graphics and modern presentation.
- Good scenario design and size, most people don´t have the time or energy required for monster scenarios (yes, even those who clamor for monsters on forums - you know who you are
- I really enjoy the new upgrade system - it makes a lot of sense for each tech to have an "upgrade path", while radical equipment changes are still possible.
- Fantastic multiplayer. Can´t say enough good about it. Retrofit it to all the old Matrix games (especially World At War, a World Divided, natch!) and re-release as "online edition" or whatever. I´m paying full price.
- Cost balancing of the units seems to be good so far. I like it that the high-tech rare units are suitably expensive.
- I was really surprised by the quality and artistry of the intro movie / trailer. Well done!
POSSIBLE IMPROVEMENTS (I.e. cons):
- Uneven scenario structure, I.e. winning a decisive victory in some scenarios might be a con for your progression, as you will play fewer scenarios, meaning less crucial experience for your troops. Adding in scenarios to fill in the gaps will make it possible for me not to have to lose Sealion in order to get to play Greece, etc.
- Get cracking on that North African campaign, and if possible integrate it into the main campaign a la PG. I can´t wait to push into the Soviet Union through the Caucasus again...
Overall, fantastic effort guys, I´m really happy to hear that the game is selling well. Looking forward to seeing where you take us next!