Some small questions from a new player

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

berndN
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Some small questions from a new player

Post by berndN » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:28 am

Hi guys I love it at the moment. Playing through the tutorials and having fun.

My question without having read through the manual but maybe it's so easy to tell for you ;)

1. If I attack a hex there's 2 numbers (right and left) for me as well as for the defenders. What does it tell me?
2. Will there be ever more shots then one?
3. Planes. How to resupply? Do I need to go back to the airfield and do I need to use the UI or are they getting refilled automatically?
4. Resupply in general. I noticed that my troops run out of ammo so I do need to resupply them via the UI or?

Maybe just some small tips :)

5. If I take out a fortification does it build up prestige or only capturing towns with a flag attached to it?

6. In the UI can I see the maximum hex range for attack? I ask because I noticed that artillery seems to be able to shoot more then one hex away.

More questions for sure :)

generalgonzo

Post by generalgonzo » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:36 am

Hi, maybe I can answer some of the questions:

1. the numbers are a rough calculate of your and your opponents losses. Left are yours, right your opponents (or vice versa?). Remember that these numbers are just an idea of your losses but may not be the real result!

2. no, I don´t think so. Every unit can shot once per round

3. You NEED to fly back to a friendly airfield to refuel. Otherwise your planes will crash. Once over the space of an airfield your planes are refilled automatically. So getting and holding airfields are a crucial strategy element

4. Yes, you need to resupply ammo and fuel. You can see in the statistics the ammount of ammo/fuel every unit has. For resupplying there are separate buttons in the UI on the right side of the screen. You need to have an open supply line to a friendly/occupied town though....

Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Re: Some small questions from a new player

Post by Rudankort » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:41 am

berndN wrote:Hi guys I love it at the moment. Playing through the tutorials and having fun.

My question without having read through the manual but maybe it's so easy to tell for you ;)

1. If I attack a hex there's 2 numbers (right and left) for me as well as for the defenders. What does it tell me?
3. Planes. How to resupply? Do I need to go back to the airfield and do I need to use the UI or are they getting refilled automatically?
4. Resupply in general. I noticed that my troops run out of ammo so I do need to resupply them via the UI or?

Maybe just some small tips :)

5. If I take out a fortification does it build up prestige or only capturing towns with a flag attached to it?

6. In the UI can I see the maximum hex range for attack? I ask because I noticed that artillery seems to be able to shoot more then one hex away.

More questions for sure :)
Hi Bernd!

1. Left number shows how much casualties the attacker will get, right number is defender's casualties. These are expected losses, in actual combat the result can be different. Still, they give you an idea.
2. No, every unit has just one attack action per turn.
3. Just move your plane within 1 hex radius from an airfield, it will resupply automatically
4. If you do not do anything with a unit (don't move it and attack with it) it will resupply automatically at the end of the turn. But you can do it manually too using Supply button. In the tooltip you will see how much supply you are going get, and then you can decide if you want to actually resupply or do something else instead.
5. Only capturing flags gives prestige.
6. Range of units is shown in all places where other unit stats are shown - in stats panel (toggled by "i" button), units details popup (invoked with right click on a unit), purchase screen.

terrymulijana
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: Some small questions from a new player

Post by terrymulijana » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:45 am

I'd try to answer some of your question

The left red number is the probable lost for your unit
The right number is the probable lost for enemy's unit

I think the system simulates all shots into one resolution

You can resupply planes using an Airbase or a Carrier ( Navy flatbed )
-if you resupply using an Airbase, just move the plane near the airbase or on top of it
-if you resupply using a Carrier, you must move the plane on top of the Carrier ( I think it was for simulating the difficulties of supply for Navy on the move )

Yes using UI, note the Fuel icon. Read the manual

The only thing build up prestige is Town and Objective City

I think you can browse through the statistic for each unit, there will find the unit stats for ranged attack ( denoted with an artilery icon )

Small tips : try to surround a tough enemy using 2 units can enhance initiative for your attack

hopes it helped, Have fun ! :D

berndN

Post by berndN » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:02 am

Great answers! Really appreciate them.
Hope to find some time later on and hopefully not much more questions though!

Thanks a lot!

Return to “Panzer Corps”