Bonus Difficulty Settings

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

ruskicanuk
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Bonus Difficulty Settings

Post by ruskicanuk » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:02 am

Is there a more concise description of exactly how the three bonus difficulty settings (Rommel, Manstein, Guderin) affect the game?

Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Re: Bonus Difficulty Settings

Post by Rudankort » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:15 am

ruskicanuk wrote:Is there a more concise description of exactly how the three bonus difficulty settings (Rommel, Manstein, Guderin) affect the game?
I thought that the tooltips that appear when you hover bonus difficulties with mouse are very concise already. :)

Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:35 am

Pain. Agony. Suffering.

ruskicanuk

Post by ruskicanuk » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:56 pm

LOL - Yes those definitely apply ;-) Somehow I doubt I will be seeing the shores of America this time.

I think another nice addition to increase difficulty would be to turn off the undo button preventing "cheat" scouting by undoing moves. This would particularly useful for multiplayer and would only serve to increase the value of recon units and recon tactics.

As a follow on to the opener - I am currently playing the Rommel bonus difficulty (and loving it, I can't even spare enough to upgrade my art from 10.5 to 15...). OK I will have to play test to find out - I see ;-)

One aside for future mods/versions - see if you can't make various "sizes" of technology relevant. For instance, I agree that there is no reason not to upgrade a Panzer IIIF to a IIIG - it is simply an improved model. However, a 7.5 cm art plays a role that a 15 cm art cannot - for instance it might be more nimble. I might do things like give it 2 movement and/or make it so that it damages / surpresses 50-50 whereas 15 does 90% surpression and only 10% damage. Maybe some very heavy art cannot support in defense (it is only used for attacking which again is pretty acurate). Just some thoughts to make the art (much improved since original PG) even better.

Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:08 pm

Well if you really want, I can send you a PM describing all bonus difficulty levels, but I thought that figuring it out based on those vague descriptions will be more fun. ;)

ruskicanuk

Post by ruskicanuk » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:01 pm

Yea I think I got it... I like them ;-)

Return to “Panzer Corps”