US East Coast, 1939 Campaign

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design, Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

Longasc
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

US East Coast, 1939 Campaign

Post by Longasc » Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:02 pm

So I finally made it there. I thought Kursk was hard (I couldn't afford to turn most of my tanks into Tigers and Panthers) but the US East Coast is IMO even harder. It's scary.

Can you give me some advice how to face the challenges of this scenario?

- First, I have some 11K Prestige, how much would you spend on unit upgrades and which units would you focus on upgrading?
- Ju87G or Do335. Strong anti-tank, weak and fragile vs a better overall unit - for quite a price
- How much Prestige do you deem necessary as reserve?
- How to deal with the strong US Navy? Ignore, focus on land, attack with level bombers, etc...?
- How to deal with the strong US Airforce? A P47N really killed 7 of my 4 star Me262 in retaliation!
- Will new American units start with 3 Stars like the units present at the start as well?

I also think maybe I just got scared by the initial landing phase. Knocking out the radar towers with ground forces also helped a lot.

Longasc

Post by Longasc » Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:51 pm

OK, it turned out that the first turns are brutal but then you make them pay. Nevertheless I lost some units that were with me since Poland.

Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:28 pm

Indeed, invasion scenarios are quite painful. So many great core units caught in helpless transports. :(
There is quite a lot of prestige being thrown around at this stage of the game though, should be more than enough to reinforce and rebuild your core on all but the hardest difficulties.

Let us know how the rest of the USA goes for you, it's a long battle that doesn't end with the East Coast!

SardaukarCRO
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by SardaukarCRO » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:40 am

first upgrade and overstrength all your fighters (because their fighters are better than yours, but i think that 6 fighters should be enough to destroy their fighters, and then take your revenge on their bombers which are focused on your submarines once you landed your troops), then tanks (tiger I and II), then tac. bombers.

infantry is not that important at all, 80% of USA units are tanks, and your tigers are far better than them.
destroy their air units as soon as possible, then your bombers can slowly destroy their tanks (you don't need a decisive victory here, it's only important in USA west coast).

Generalex
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Generalex » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:51 am

I completed the campaign on medium difficulty.
On this difficulty the invasion was not that hard.
But i positioned all my transports on the upper slots because on the first try i lost 3 transports with elite tanks and with the transports
in the upper slots i could save all units.

Now i started the campaign on Field Marshall difficulty. I hope i get to the USA ^^

Limboldt
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by Limboldt » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:36 pm

My first tries were a little bit to...optimistic.
I do not like loosing well promoted units at all!
I did not find the perfect strategy yet, but a nice start was buying fresh airplanes and sacrifice them, as well as fresh cheap units in
transport ships in the first line...After loosing them (and protecting your expensive units from deadly fire...) you can deploy fresh Elite units for landing operations...
Not very nice....but...hey...we are at war.

Limboldt

Post by Limboldt » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:29 pm

I was successful with 8 Fighter-Planes and 6 Bombers to guarantee secure seatransports in short time.
But I still wonder if decisive Victory is possible at Field Marshall-Level.

impar
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by impar » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:10 am

Limboldt wrote:But I still wonder if decisive Victory is possible at Field Marshall-Level.
It is.
The really hard part on that scenario is the disembark and air battle.
I managed it by only disembarking in the north and using Panthers (Tiger II is too slow).

Limboldt

Post by Limboldt » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:46 pm

Yes, I think speed also matters, there are four "hot spots", and even with knowing what awaits me there my army was to slow. I like the Panthers, too, but was not sure if their armor is thick enough... Was there a reward for your decisive victory, besides of a big benefit for your ego :) ?

impar

Post by impar » Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:58 am

Limboldt wrote:Was there a reward for your decisive victory, besides of a big benefit for your ego :) ?
Well, Mid-USA scenario was easier... :P

Limboldt

Post by Limboldt » Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:09 pm

A Field Marshalls answer :D

The well defended city in the west of the East-Scenario, did you approach directly to there with some units?
I think decisive victory will end with turn 11, so most of the time will be needed even to get there?

impar

Post by impar » Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:26 pm

Limboldt wrote:The well defended city in the west of the East-Scenario, did you approach directly to there with some units?
Fort Knox?
Two groups (each group consinsting of tank, infantry and artillery) were assigned to take those objectives\cities\airfields, plus planes as needed.
They approached from the East.

Limboldt

Post by Limboldt » Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:17 pm

Thank you. Fort Knox and time are my last enemys...

Return to “Panzer Corps”