Casualty lists

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

soldier
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Casualty lists

Post by soldier » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:46 pm

My campaign on medium is approaching the end. I got to Sealion 42 and had half my precious army sunk by the british navy. I had another go and this time by keeping my transports back for a turn i managed to go all the way and scrape through for the narrowest of major victories. Unfortunately a few transports did not make it to the shore but it was difficult to tell what units were being hit (they all look the same). I had to bring up unit list and do stock take from memory because the casualty list only shows losses sustained throughout the whole campaign.
Is there an easier way to check actual scenario casualties or could the casualty list have scenario and campaign tabs

Fritz
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Fritz » Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:38 pm

if you wait 2 turns you can save 90%-100% of your units. but then you have to move with speed.

Longasc
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Longasc » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:47 pm

No, the "C" casualties could use some improvements.

Like making a difference between Campaign/Scenario - Panzer General already did that.

I would also really like a "strength point losses" casualties list which would me much more accurate as the other list only shows unit kills.

adrianoku
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by adrianoku » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:28 pm

Quoting "Longasc" totally! I had to make an excel file to take trace of my losses! It could be done directly from the game I think...

berndN
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by berndN » Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:39 pm

gatto wrote:Quoting "Longasc" totally! I had to make an excel file to take trace of my losses! It could be done directly from the game I think...

Have you filled in the data manual ?

soldier
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by soldier » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:44 am

I'm having the same trouble off the coast of USA, just lost 5 transports but I'm not exactly sure what was in them.

Generalex
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Generalex » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:37 am

A good general knows his troops and thus he knows what he lost. ;-)

But a scenario loss table would be nice!

adrianoku

Post by adrianoku » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:49 am

berndN wrote:
gatto wrote:Quoting "Longasc" totally! I had to make an excel file to take trace of my losses! It could be done directly from the game I think...

Have you filled in the data manual ?
?? What do you mean?
It's a simple excel table where I wrote the name of my units ( divided in divisions) in a column, and filled next columns with the loss turn per turn.
Some formulas helps in calculating the loss per division, units, total, initial , final etc etc. Here it is: viewtopic.php?t=26753

day
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by day » Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:44 am

This is my first post, so I should start by saying that I absolutely love this game, and that I'm particularly impressed with the user interface. The casualty list is one of the only things that I'd change. I'd like to see it as a side panel, similar to the unit list. During the deployment phase it would show units lost during the campaign, but after that it could be filtered to show units lost during the mission or units lost since the end of the last player turn. Selecting a unit would open the battle history, with a final entry describing where and when the unit was destroyed.

borsook79
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by borsook79 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:32 pm

First I'd like second the proposed addition of scenario casualties, the current form is a step back from PG...

Secondly I'd also like to see a button for this screen somewhere.
"Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - G.B. Shaw

Return to “Panzer Corps”