Extra Content for Panzer Corps Announced!

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

monkspider
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Extra Content for Panzer Corps Announced!

Post by monkspider »

ACHTUNG!

http://www.matrixgames.com/news/837/Ext ... .Announced!

"Two new Grand Campaigns are joining the fray on the heels of near unanimous acclaim!

Slitherine (www.slitherine.com), Matrix Games, and The Lordz Games Studio (www.thelordzgamesstudio.com) are thrilled to announce that two new extra content packs are headed to their famed next generation strategy game, Panzer Corps. Selling as a download version only for $4.99 each, the extra content Grand Campaign ’39 and Grand Campaign ’40 brings loads of new scenarios and the ability to carry your armies from campaign to campaign. Ultimately, several other extra content packs will combine together to create a full Grand Campaign from 1939 to 1945 which will have around 70 scenarios!

Are you interested in getting an early look at the new content? Sign up to join our beta team and test out the new campaigns before anyone else! Sign up at the Slitherine website.

The Campaign of 1939

September 1st, 1939.

Germanylaunches its military invasion of Poland, igniting World War 2. Take command of the Blitzkrieg’s spearhead as you battle your way to the heart of the Polish nation, the Capitol of Warsaw, and beyond. This DLC features 14 all new scenarios, improved artificial intelligence scripting, new campaign features, unique objectives such as protecting vital units, destroying enemy supply trains, and securing vital bridges, and the capacity to save your core force file for use in future campaigns!

The Grand Campaign’s are a series of expansions for Panzer Corps and require Panzer Corps. Each campaign can be started with the core force from the previous Grand Campaign, so you can continue Grand Campaign ’40 with your core force that completed Grand Campaign ’39. Alternatively players can start with a preset core force and play each campaign on its own, or jump in to the Grand Campaign at any year. This expansion starts your core from the very beginning of the war, allowing you maximum flexibility to choose and shape the forces that you will take through the next 6 years. The full Grand Campaign from 1939-1945 will have around 70 scenarios!

Scenario List:

Poznan, Danzig Corridor South, Danzig Corridor North, Lodz, Piatek, Wyszogrod, Kampinoska, Forest, Modlin, Warsaw South, Warsaw North, Spoils of War, Oslo, Lillehammer, Narvik

The Campaign of 1940

May 10th, 1940.

The Maginot Line, shield of France and the battleship on land, was supposed to be impenetrable, but the Germans have a secret and daring plan aimed to topple their old enemy! Import your experienced troops from the first campaign, or start with a pre-generated brand new core and lead your forces to victory. This DLC features 14 all new scenarios, recreating historical battles such as the epic of Eben-Emael and the tank battles of Arras and Stonne, improved artificial intelligence scripting, new campaign features, unique objectives such as capturing a French General and forcing the Dunkirk pocket to surrender, and the capacity to save your core force for use in future campaigns!

The Grand Campaign’s are a series of expansions for Panzer Corps and require Panzer Corps. Each campaign can be started with the core force from the previous Grand Campaign, so you can continue Grand Campaign ’40 with your core force that completed Grand Campaign ’39. Alternatively players can start with a preset core force and play each campaign on its own, or jump in to the Grand Campaign at any year.

Scenario List:

Eben-Emael, Albert Canal, The Hague, Sedan, Maubeuge, Arras, Calais, Stonne, Wassigny, Amiens, Dunkirk, Reims, Dijon, Maginot Line

Get more information on Panzer Corps from its official on the Slitherine site or on the Matrix Games site'

This sounds...AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *faints*
rayduhz
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by rayduhz »

/thumbsup

release date?
Last edited by rayduhz on Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
soldier
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by soldier »

Is this for real :D :D :D

wonder how they will handle branching campaign paths ?
Last edited by soldier on Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xerkis
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Xerkis »

Signed up to Beta test it earlier this week. Just happened to run across that you could by accident. Thought it was a left over from before PzC came out….. I guess it is the real deal.
monkspider

Post by monkspider »

I signed up too, hopefully I get approved! I wonder if the content packs for 1941-45 will be bigger, perhaps enough to justify a bigger price tag, considering the expanded theatres of war.
doc99
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by doc99 »

........outstanding news.................you folks are the hope for wargamming
TheGrayMouser
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by TheGrayMouser »

I think these mini expansions are a great idea , especially the ability to import them into the main campign game, as well as the role playing aspect in the victory conditions like capture a french general. Maybe in future ones we can have a "Skorezeny" unit to rescue Mussolini LOL.

These kinda of remind me what Matrix did with Steel Panther ie the campaign disks.

Now, please fix whats missing in the basic game, the power of the defence : infantry and the spade, both needs some serious tweaking, do this (or at least make it moddable,) and I'll buy everything :wink:
MartyWard
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by MartyWard »

Fantastic idea. I'm sold on them.
MikeAP
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by MikeAP »

$5 for a single campaign?

You guys think you're EA or something?

Sorry. You've lost my support. I was hoping this would be a company that fancied itself for quality and didn't go the route of the 'DLC' - a term that I hate - because it is normally associated with little quality and lots of money. $5 is nothing, but the principal of it is everything.
El_Condoro
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by El_Condoro »

I support a charge because it equates to the amount of time put into long campaigns like these two. Guys who do it for the love of it know how much time and effort and testing it takes to make a campaign - it took me weeks and many iterations of my Red Dawn campaign (only 6 or 7 scenarios) so I know how long it takes. For a commercial venture to spend that kind of time and not charge for it is unrealistic IMO. I will be happy to pay but the flip-side is I will be expecting more content, especially a more robust scenario editor! :)
TheGrayMouser
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by TheGrayMouser »

MikeAP wrote:$5 for a single campaign?

You guys think you're EA or something?

Sorry. You've lost my support. I was hoping this would be a company that fancied itself for quality and didn't go the route of the 'DLC' - a term that I hate - because it is normally associated with little quality and lots of money. $5 is nothing, but the principal of it is everything.
Well you said it Slitherine is NOT EA. Which is why offering small scale yet low cost expansions or "dlc" makes sence . Not sure why you conclude that the quality would be low. Ea on the other hand tries to get you to buy bits an pieces of little things (ooh bonus unit) that should have been included in the original games they sell, considering the shear size and resources they have. Now if these expansions were only scenarios added into the main campaign I would tend to agree with you but from the description they offer ALOT more. I am looking fowrd to these.
MikeAP
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by MikeAP »

El_Condoro wrote: For a commercial venture to spend that kind of time and not charge for it is unrealistic IMO.
I agree. But ONE scenario for $5? That's just absurd.

Fix the bugs first, then I'll consider dishing out $5
El_Condoro
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by El_Condoro »

It's 10+ scenarios and improved AI (not sure exactly how it's improved - perhaps that will be explained at some point). The 'unique objectives' are available in PzC now (I use them in Red Dawn) but the rest sounds good. In the end there is no obligation to buy them - wait for the reviews and make up your mind if it's worth it then.
Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

MikeAP wrote:I agree. But ONE scenario for $5? That's just absurd.
$5 for one scenario is absurd... but that's not what we're offering. Each DLC has 14 scenarios. :wink:

To put it in relative terms. Currently, Panzer Corps has 26 campaign scenarios. Maximum campaign length (1939 to USA) is 15 scenarios.
Each DLC has roughly 14 scenarios(some might have even more in the future). Maximum DLC campaign length is 10 historical scenarios, with one bonus scenario, so 11.

So each DLC is comparable in length to the current campaign, but these campaigns are extra special because you can string the DLC campaigns together to potentially create one giant super campaign with a complete length of 70+ scenarios, and a total scenario count (branching) of probably over 100 scenarios.

The only thing absurd about that is the sheer amount of content that is going to be eventually created, heh.
rayduhz
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by rayduhz »

Kerensky wrote:
MikeAP wrote:I agree. But ONE scenario for $5? That's just absurd.
$5 for one scenario is absurd... but that's not what we're offering. Each DLC has 14 scenarios. :wink:

To put it in relative terms. Currently, Panzer Corps has 26 campaign scenarios. Maximum campaign length (1939 to USA) is 15 scenarios.
Each DLC has roughly 14 scenarios(some might have even more in the future). Maximum DLC campaign length is 10 historical scenarios, with one bonus scenario, so 11.

So each DLC is comparable in length to the current campaign, but these campaigns are extra special because you can string the DLC campaigns together to potentially create one giant super campaign with a complete length of 70+ scenarios, and a total scenario count (branching) of probably over 100 scenarios.

The only thing absurd about that is the sheer amount of content that is going to be eventually created, heh.
Sold!

$5 for all the scenarios that come in a DLC which is almost the equivalent of the current game sounds like a win to me. Not to mention it supports the game and will help add more content i.e. more design dollars.
Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

Lemme just drop this off here...

http://www.slitherine.com/screenshots/o ... 212440.jpg

From our internal testing, this is how an 88 FlaK 36 looks after... I think that scenario is Reims, so after playing through DLC 1 and most of DLC 2(not even done with DLC 2 yet) this unit has:

16 infantry kills
26 tank kills
1 recon kill
1 ATG kill
5 arty kills
5 fortification kills
3 fighters kills
2 tactical bomber kills
1 level bomber kill
and 7 train kills

I dare say the vaunted 88 is living up to it's dreaded historical performance. :D
As a side note though, there will be tweaks to experience, awards, and heroes to accommodate the increased campaign size, but these changes should not cripple or damage the current campaign in any way.

In other words, DLCs have their own sets of rules and it is our hope that modders will also be able to utilize these tools to further strengthen and customize their own work.
Not to mention the rather basic bonus of being able to play custom campaigns without taking the troublesome step of overwriting existing ones to make them playable. :D

If all goes to plan, these sorts of functionality and improvements will actually be patched to the main game completely freely too.
rayduhz
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by rayduhz »

Sounds very promising but I'm a stickler for reality. Knights Cross in '39, Diamonds in '40? Please tell me that is a early screenshot before any tweaking was done to the awards system. Im disappointed there are only 3 spots for rewards still.........
Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

rayduhz wrote:Sounds very promising but I'm a stickler for reality. Knights Cross in '39, Diamonds in '40? Please tell me that is a early screenshot before any tweaking was done to the awards system. Im disappointed there are only 3 spots for rewards still.........
Absolutely yes.

Experience, medals, and heroes will all have new mechanisms to compensate for a vastly longer overall campaign.
This is actually one of the more important items we need to test. Are people comfortable with slower rates of acquiring heroes and medals, to the point where it may take multiple DLCs worth of content to achieve a unit with a full compliment of three heroes?
MrsWargamer
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by MrsWargamer »

I'm on board for DLC and you can offer it as much as you want.

Because some of actually LIKE the idea of an occasional game snack.

Because some of us know most of us are adults that can find a lousy 5 bucks to get in a small game gift for ourselves.

Because some of us simply aren't whiney little snots and damn it that's how I see the whiners.

You suddenly hate Slitherine for being a business? I'm happy for them if they can make a few bucks.

I'm frankly sick of wargamers that expect the moon and cry and moan if a company fails to recreate the entire war regardless of what scale or scope of action is depicted in the design. Get bloody real.
monkspider

Post by monkspider »

Kerensky wrote:
rayduhz wrote:Sounds very promising but I'm a stickler for reality. Knights Cross in '39, Diamonds in '40? Please tell me that is a early screenshot before any tweaking was done to the awards system. Im disappointed there are only 3 spots for rewards still.........
Absolutely yes.

Experience, medals, and heroes will all have new mechanisms to compensate for a vastly longer overall campaign.
This is actually one of the more important items we need to test. Are people comfortable with slower rates of acquiring heroes and medals, to the point where it may take multiple DLCs worth of content to achieve a unit with a full compliment of three heroes?
I am fine with that, heck, I think it will make heroes more special since you seem to get them pretty frequently in the vanilla game.

I do wonder though, how will Sealion work in the new Grand Campaign?

Return to “Panzer Corps”