First Panzer Corps DLC Released!

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

SeanD
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

First Panzer Corps DLC Released!

Post by SeanD » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:02 pm

Grand Campaign ’39 and Grand Campaign ’40 are now available to enhance your Panzer Corps library

Slitherine, Matrix Games, and The Lordz Games Studio are thrilled to announce the release of two DLC packs for their hailed strategy game, Panzer Corps! Grand Campaign ’39 and Grand Campaign ’40 add many new scenarios to the already rich and epic Panzer Corps campaign plus a variety of unique new missions that involve new objective types like capturing a French general.

Grand Campaign ’39 and Grand Campaign ‘40 also include the new ability to carry your core army through different campaigns. So you can now bring an army from the humble beginning of light tanks and raw recruits to a formidable behemoth of Tigers and veteran shock troops!

Grand Campaign ‘39
September 1st, 1939.

Germany launches its military invasion of Poland, igniting World War 2. Take command of the Blitzkrieg’s spearhead as you battle your way to the heart of the Polish nation, the Capitol of Warsaw, and beyond. This DLC features 14 all new scenarios, improved artificial intelligence scripting, new campaign features, unique objectives such as protecting vital units, destroying enemy supply trains, and securing vital bridges, and the capacity to save your core force file for use in future campaigns!

The Grand Campaign’s are a series of expansions for Panzer Corps and require Panzer Corps. Each campaign can be started with the core force from the previous Grand Campaign, so you can continue Grand Campaign ’40 with your core force that completed Grand Campaign ’39. Alternatively players can start with a preset core force and play each campaign on its own, or jump in to the Grand Campaign at any year. This expansion starts your core from the very beginning of the war, allowing you maximum flexibility to choose and shape the forces that you will take through the next 6 years. The full Grand Campaign from 1939-1945 will have around 70 scenarios!

Grand Campaign ‘40
May 10th, 1940.

The Maginot Line, shield of France and the battleship on land, was supposed to be impenetrable, but the Germans have a secret and daring plan aimed to topple their old enemy! Import your experienced troops from the first campaign, or start with a pre-generated brand new core and lead your forces to victory. This DLC features 14 all new scenarios, recreating historical battles such as the epic of Eben-Emael and the tank battles of Arras and Stonne, improved artificial intelligence scripting, new campaign features, unique objectives such as capturing a French General and forcing the Dunkirk pocket to surrender, and the capacity to save your core force for use in future campaigns!

nikivdd
Panzer Corps Map Designer
Panzer Corps Map Designer

Post by nikivdd » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:19 pm

Didn't hesitate a moment to purchase both :)
https://www.facebook.com/NikivddPanzerCorps/
https://www.youtube.com/user/Nikivdd1/videos?shelf_id=0&view=0&sort=dd

Longasc
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Longasc » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:20 pm

About to buy & dl.

miki
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by miki » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:47 pm

Run, Plimus, run!
Saludos
Miki

Longasc

Post by Longasc » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:03 pm

I am a bit surprised that both downloads are about 300MB but only 2MB get installed. Seems both contain patch 1.04.

Ranta
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Ranta » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:25 pm

First mission 39' is deceisive - and I got SS Gebrigsjäger - om FM

:D

El_Condoro
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by El_Condoro » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:57 pm

Longasc wrote:I am a bit surprised that both downloads are about 300MB but only 2MB get installed. Seems both contain patch 1.04.
Same. Why has that been done? Download a little less than 600Mb to get 2 campaigns?

admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:13 pm

It is the only way to guarantee players have what they need in a single package.

Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:19 pm

admin wrote:It is the only way to guarantee players have what they need in a single package.
Probably preempted a lot of Tech Support threads: :idea:

"How come DLC I bought and installed doesn't work"

"Did you patch to 1.04 first"

"Ohhhhh"

El_Condoro
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by El_Condoro » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:28 pm

But it may also have caused some - can't download seems to be common.

Shrike
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by Shrike » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:31 pm

Downloaded patch and both campaign parts just fine. Now excuse me while I'm off playing :twisted:

Edit: I do get some issues with posting lately. This is the error message:

Could not connect to smtp host : 110 : Connection timed out

DEBUG MODE

Line : 112
File : smtp.php

Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:35 pm

El_Condoro wrote:But it may also have caused some - can't download seems to be common.
If they're the result of too many requests to download and not enough bandwidth to support everyone... I have no complaints. :D
People like to grab stuff while it's hot, and I'm certain Slitherine Tech Support is hard at working doing their best to satisfy everyone's orders as quickly and painlessly as possible. :)

But then, I'm used to seeing 'patch day' be a nightmare from my experience in other games, so I guess I'm accustomed to the hiccups that inevitably come with change. All we ask is for people to have patience and understanding while these issues are addressed and ironed out.

"If Patch Day comes without any problems, then there's a problem!" :D

Akaoz
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by Akaoz » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:52 pm

Bought! D/L'ing now! Can't wait :-)

So much fun for the price of a meal at McDonalds. Sweet!

pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:19 pm

The forum issues are because (for some reason) the email server seems to be down, so the server reports that it cannot send emails to people who ask for emails when threads get responded to.

Cheers

Pip

Dalinski
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Dalinski » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:11 pm

I'd appreciate if you could break down the download, not all of us have huge caps, especially in the backwaters of civilisation :-).

Adding another non patch download link and making it clear that is does not have 1.04 would seem to me straightforward.

Although your current methodology will certainly make it harder for software pirating.....

El_Condoro
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by El_Condoro » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:07 am

If they're the result of too many requests to download and not enough bandwidth to support everyone... I have no complaints.
I know what you're saying but downloading 2 x 285Mb (570Mb) when you only need to get about 5Mb seems a waste of time, bandwidth and download limit to me.
Guys are smarter than needing an all-in-one campaign download, I think. A simple; step 1. patch to 1.04, step 2 install campaign with links to each is not too hard and anyone who gets it wrong only needs to ask. It might not be the cause of people being unable to download the DLCs and other things but it's still not a good approach IMO.

evan748
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by evan748 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:17 am

Awsome news! Downloading now =)

Great support for this game, thanks!

MrsWargamer
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by MrsWargamer » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:18 am

Consider me a download when the budget gives me permission :) Yes I know, it's only a couple of 5 dollar files. I've been bad recently hehe bought a tablet. 5 bucks is actually a lot right now for me :)

Xitax
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Xitax » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:35 am

El_Condoro wrote:
If they're the result of too many requests to download and not enough bandwidth to support everyone... I have no complaints.
I know what you're saying but downloading 2 x 285Mb (570Mb) when you only need to get about 5Mb seems a waste of time, bandwidth and download limit to me.
Guys are smarter than needing an all-in-one campaign download, I think. A simple; step 1. patch to 1.04, step 2 install campaign with links to each is not too hard and anyone who gets it wrong only needs to ask. It might not be the cause of people being unable to download the DLCs and other things but it's still not a good approach IMO.
This. I now have a 900Mb archive for patch 1.04 and 2 (2Mb) campaign DLCs. I really wish this were not necessary.

aleader
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by aleader » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:01 am

Agreed.

Return to “Panzer Corps”