DLC: Captured Units

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

andrewmazlim
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by andrewmazlim »

I've cuptured some enemy units and I don't know... HOW I did it, to do it again in the future.
I mean, I'm often surrounding a unit and hiting it (not destroying it), so it says "Surrenders"... but I don't have MANY cuptured units, only 3. So... what's the trick?
DrkCon
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by DrkCon »

andrewmazlim wrote:I've cuptured some enemy units and I don't know... HOW I did it, to do it again in the future.
I mean, I'm often surrounding a unit and hiting it (not destroying it), so it says "Surrenders"... but I don't have MANY cuptured units, only 3. So... what's the trick?
Captured units are rewards from occupying an enemy held city. They appear next to the city hex on the start of your next turn.

The only "trick" is to occupy all cities on every map as you go. (Or, read the spoilers to find exactly what map and what city has the captured unit bonus, and simply take that one)
andrewmazlim

Post by andrewmazlim »

Is there any FULL LIST (spoil) of every campaign (main, '39, '40, '41)...?
Also, the ONLY thing you can cupture and use, are TANK units?
(I could use some... SPITFIRE squadrons, instead the Me109s - I'm a big FW-190 fan, not Me's!)
nikivdd
Panzer Corps Map Designer

Post by nikivdd »

andrewmazlim wrote:Is there any FULL LIST (spoil) of every campaign (main, '39, '40, '41)...?
(I could use some... SPITFIRE squadrons, instead the Me109s - I'm a big FW-190 fan, not Me's!)
In DLC40/41 the only units that are scripted for capture are tanks. My Mathilda's did a wonderful job in DLC 41. And who doesn't also want a sturdy russian tank in his core?
Since the DLC's are historical in nature, i cannot imagine a spitfire in my core. If you want spitfires instead of Me's, you can alter the equipment file and thus have a mod for yourself.
https://www.facebook.com/NikivddPanzerCorps
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCk2lyeEuH_hoA1s7tnTAEJQ
andrewmazlim

Post by andrewmazlim »

nikivdd wrote:
andrewmazlim wrote:Is there any FULL LIST (spoil) of every campaign (main, '39, '40, '41)...?
In DLC40/41 the only units that are scripted for capture are tanks. My Mathilda's did a wonderful job in DLC 41. And who doesn't also want a sturdy russian tank in his core?
Since the DLC's are historical in nature, i cannot imagine a spitfire in my core. If you want spitfires instead of Me's, you can alter the equipment file and thus have a mod for yourself.
I'm talking generally...
So, the ONLY units we can cupture are tanks?... And, about Spits fighters, they were in service since 1938!!! So, during the erlier campaign (in France, '40), we should be able to CUPTURE some Spits!
nikivdd

Post by nikivdd »

andrewmazlim wrote:
nikivdd wrote:
I'm talking generally...
So, the ONLY units we can cupture are tanks?... And, about Spits fighters, they were in service since 1938!!! So, during the erlier campaign (in France, '40), we should be able to CUPTURE some Spits!
Yeps, the only units we can capture in DLC40/41 are tanks. Perhaps there should be a thread.... "capturable units proposals" ;).
El_Condoro
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by El_Condoro »

OK, just curious, how would the Germans capture Spitfires? Unless they caught them on the ground - with ground forces - unlikely - they would simply fly back to Britain, wouldn't they? They captured *pilots* - sure - but the planes?
huertgenwald
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by huertgenwald »

Pilots disguised as paratroopers ? :wink:
huertgenwald

Post by huertgenwald »

Or capturing it skydiving in mid-air (James Bond style) :?:
andrewmazlim

Post by andrewmazlim »

El_Condoro wrote:OK, just curious, how would the Germans capture Spitfires? Unless they caught them on the ground - with ground forces - unlikely - they would simply fly back to Britain, wouldn't they? They captured *pilots* - sure - but the planes?
I suppose you DON'T READING history books, right?
They DID - CAPTURED - Spits & Hurricanes, in FRANCE, during the charge over the Brits in Dunkirk!

http://theaviationanorak.blogspot.com/2 ... ay-is.html

-----

Captured Units Proposals:

1. Tanks
2. Recon units
3. Anti-air guns
4. Guns/Artillery
5. Naval units (torpido boats, submarines, even small battle ships)
6. Airplanes (fighters, bombers any kind, etc.)

Just few ideas...
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

andrewmazlim wrote:
I suppose you DON'T READING history books, right?
Wouldn't you mind to tone down a little?
That's too aggressive for this forum standards.
DrkCon
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by DrkCon »

As far as precedent goes, yes, almost all of allied aircraft fell into Axis hands for one reason or another. Some airfields were taken, some accidents, some low damage crashes, and some recreations based off the parts of what went down.

(And visa-versa)

Tho, I already have quite a stable of captured gear, and now thanks to your streets of Moscow scene, I have a 2nd KV-1B. It is a bit odd that my Group 1 Tank force consists of 2 KV-1Bs, a KV-1A, and a T34-40.

I had another T34 but it was lost due to driver error... we dont discuss that anymore.

Some pics of Captured aircraft, if you are interested :

http://www.fleetairarmarchive.net/aircr ... epage.html
impar
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by impar »

Oh. Missed the Matilda... :(

Too slow anyhow.
El_Condoro
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by El_Condoro »

OK, thanks for the clarification. They wouldn't have captured enough to make a full PzC Spitfire unit but then again neither would they have captured enough Matildas and other stuff, which already appear in the DLCs so it' all about fun and the game - I can live with that. :)
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

El_Condoro wrote:OK, thanks for the clarification. They wouldn't have captured enough to make a full PzC Spitfire unit but then again neither would they have captured enough Matildas and other stuff, which already appear in the DLCs so it' all about fun and the game - I can live with that. :)
Not entirely true El Condoro, as least, in the case of the French equipment. They have used a lot during the war.
DrkCon
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by DrkCon »

El_Condoro wrote:OK, thanks for the clarification. They wouldn't have captured enough to make a full PzC Spitfire unit but then again neither would they have captured enough Matildas and other stuff, which already appear in the DLCs so it' all about fun and the game - I can live with that. :)
It is interesting, and can be fun. I wouldnt want to see my German Blitz be filled with French and Russian gear tho lol. 1 of each major build maybe over the course of a long campaign, and perhaps increase the difficulty in getting some of the better ones. For instance, a forced choice where if you want to capture the airfield at [some far away place] then you'd basically have to give up attempting to capture [some other victory hex] making a branch in the next scene. (like a DV vs a MV)

More so everyone just couldnt simply get .. everything. You'd have to choose, do you want a Spitfire, or a DV, or a special unit reward (Like the Ju-87G)
El_Condoro
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by El_Condoro »

So far in my GC (I am up to Smolensk in GC41) I have captured all the capturable equipment. They add to your slot use so I tend to sell them off when they reach their use-by date because they don't have an upgrade path. You could potentially get a few over the course of the GC but they might also become cannon fodder or trophy items kept in reserve.
DrkCon
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by DrkCon »

El_Condoro wrote:So far in my GC (I am up to Smolensk in GC41) I have captured all the capturable equipment. They add to your slot use so I tend to sell them off when they reach their use-by date because they don't have an upgrade path. You could potentially get a few over the course of the GC but they might also become cannon fodder or trophy items kept in reserve.
Very true. Ive only kept my T34's and KV1B's and a KV1A. But even with only those (and all of those are very up-to-date in '41) thats 4 slots. Should have been 5, since I lost one of my T34's.

Im not saying it is too many, or too few. Like I said, I play with 4(5) of them and have fun doing it. I'm not a historical stickler or a slave to the minutia. If its fun, I'm pretty happy. Luckily, as you have pointed out, one can simply sell them or not use them if they feel they are outdated or out of historical context.

I did miss the Arty in Poland some how tho. Unless I just didnt notice it and upgraded it to a bigger GE gun without thinking between scenes.
b52pilot1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by b52pilot1 »

So, is there a Spoiler list of all the "capturable" units and their locations for DLC '41?
andrewmazlim

Post by andrewmazlim »

No, trully, this isn't very realistic for the game...
Just capturing... some tanks "here and there", isn't realistic. You (developers) need to check this.
I'm a "vet" PG player, since the very first day it released in DOS. I don't know how many THUSANDS hrs I played this game, over and over again...
And now, since Panzer Corps released, I'm keep playing P.C. for AT LEAST... 5-6 hrs EVERY day.
...So, I'm telling you, I'm giving some advices, if you wonna take them fine, if not, no problem.

About the campaigns themselves, there are "lacks" in the senarios, like I mention in Greece's campaign (there was very strong fighting AFTER capturing Macedonia & Thessalonika; it wasn't "walk in the park" to capture Athens)...

But, to avoid off-topic, let's talk/write about capturing units.
WHY SHOULD BE only tanks? Why not, if we capturing an IMPORTANT AIRFIELD, why not capturing some aircrafts? Or, if capturing an important port-city, to capture a naval unit?
Seriously, you may need to consider this...

Return to “Panzer Corps”