Yet another steam (Digital Distro) thread

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

warhammer
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:33 pm

Re: Yet another steam (Digital Distro) thread

Post by warhammer » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:15 am

When we can buy Panzer Corps on steam ?

VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine
Posts: 7939
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:33 pm
Location: Portugal

Re: Yet another steam (Digital Distro) thread

Post by VPaulus » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:28 am

I'm sorry it 's not available yet.

borsook79
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
Posts: 837
Joined: Tue May 29, 2007 5:51 pm
Location: Poland

Re: Yet another steam (Digital Distro) thread

Post by borsook79 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:43 am

VPaulus wrote:I'm sorry it 's not available yet.
Isn't there some sort of ETA? A month? two?
"Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - G.B. Shaw

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 13498
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:19 am

Re: Yet another steam (Digital Distro) thread

Post by IainMcNeil » Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:11 pm

When we have a date we'll let you know. Unfortunately right now its all unknown as there are lots of steps to go through so any date is pure guesswork and we don't want to disappoint you.

zjorz
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:09 am

Re: Yet another steam (Digital Distro) thread

Post by zjorz » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:04 am

I will instantly buy all content the day its released on steam. Looking forward to it!

lordzimoa
Lordz Games Studio
Lordz Games Studio
Posts: 2417
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:20 pm
Contact:

Re: Yet another steam (Digital Distro) thread

Post by lordzimoa » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:02 pm

The award-winning strategy game Panzer Corps is now launching an attack on a new platform with its release on Steam!

Thanks to the fans who supported the game with thousands of votes, Panzer Corps was Greenlit on Steam last December. After two months of optimizing and adapting the game to this platform, and implementing 84 unique achievements, Panzer Corps and all of its expansions will finally be out on Wednesday, March the 12th! This means you will have access not only to the base game but also to the 10 Grand Campaigns, Afrika Korps and Allied Corps expansions by mid week!

This project would not have been possible without your full support. In order to thank every member of our current Panzer Corps community, we’re pleased to announce that when the game is available we will be giving a free Steam key to everyone who has a copy of the game, wherever you bought it from. All you need to so is register your serial number here and on release day you will be able redeem your code!

Get more information on Panzer Corps from its official product page.

okiemcguire
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Posts: 461
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:44 pm

Re: Yet another steam (Digital Distro) thread

Post by okiemcguire » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:06 pm

I am sorry, but what is Steam? I have all versions/mods/DLC's on my laptop now and enjoy over and over again. What will steam provide me?

borsook79
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
Posts: 837
Joined: Tue May 29, 2007 5:51 pm
Location: Poland

Re: Yet another steam (Digital Distro) thread

Post by borsook79 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:45 pm

lordzimoa wrote:The award-winning strategy game Panzer Corps is now launching an attack on a new platform with its release on Steam!

Thanks to the fans who supported the game with thousands of votes, Panzer Corps was Greenlit on Steam last December. After two months of optimizing and adapting the game to this platform, and implementing 84 unique achievements, Panzer Corps and all of its expansions will finally be out on Wednesday, March the 12th! This means you will have access not only to the base game but also to the 10 Grand Campaigns, Afrika Korps and Allied Corps expansions by mid week!

This project would not have been possible without your full support. In order to thank every member of our current Panzer Corps community, we’re pleased to announce that when the game is available we will be giving a free Steam key to everyone who has a copy of the game, wherever you bought it from. All you need to so is register your serial number here and on release day you will be able redeem your code!

Get more information on Panzer Corps from its official product page.
Great to hear that! Will we be getting some new codes to redeem (if yes, how?) or will current serials simply work? Anyway, great news, I do hope it is going to be a hit!
"Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - G.B. Shaw

impar
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Posts: 452
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:53 am
Location: Portugal

Re: Yet another steam (Digital Distro) thread

Post by impar » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:54 pm

okiemcguire wrote:I am sorry, but what is Steam? I have all versions/mods/DLC's on my laptop now and enjoy over and over again. What will steam provide me?
Its a digital distribution platform, largest one to date, that also has decent social and communication functions.
If you had Panzer Corps in Steam, all updates would auto-install. Also, on your next OS install, you would just need to install Steam, login and choose which games you purchased in Steam you want installed. No need to keep optical discs, backups or installation keys.
Borsook wrote:Will we be getting some new codes to redeem (if yes, how?) or will current serials simply work?
Want to know this too.

Chris36
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:44 pm

Re: Yet another steam (Digital Distro) thread

Post by Chris36 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:10 pm

I purchased Africa-Corps + GrandCampaign 3 days ago but the website to register the key doesnt accept the serial of Africa-Corps. Do i really need to buy PzC Wehrmacht to get my Steam key?
Another question: Do players who own several addons get for each product a proper steam key?

Pannon
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:20 pm

Re: Yet another steam (Digital Distro) thread

Post by Pannon » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:14 pm

Can't register Panzer Corps Allied Corps nor iPad full blown package.

pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 8923
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:35 pm

Re: Yet another steam (Digital Distro) thread

Post by pipfromslitherine » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:54 pm

Pannon wrote:Can't register Panzer Corps Allied Corps nor iPad full blown package.
The Steam key offer applies only to PC versions of the game. It is against the Apple terms of use to attach any external reward to an iOS purchase.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here

ElIndio
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Posts: 85
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:14 am

Re: Yet another steam (Digital Distro) thread

Post by ElIndio » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:09 am

Pleased you guys have managed to get Panzer Corps onto Steam. Hopefully this will generate some more revenue for future content and bring the game to a wider audience etc. Personally, I think I will stick with my 'clean' / non Steam version though :D , absolutely nothing against Steam, which I think has massively improved over the last couple of years as a service and is no doubt the future for most PC games, but I like my Panzer Corps install as it is.

There is something cool about having an 'old school game' on your PC that does not require the internet or 3rd party software to launch, notwithstanding having the GEM editor installed as well for tinkering with the odd mod. It is reassuring in these days of over reliance on the internet that you can just fire up Panzer Corps and it 'does what it says on the tin' etc so you never have to worry about loss of internet or Steam breaking down to play. :D

Cromm10k
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:13 pm

Re: Yet another steam (Digital Distro) thread

Post by Cromm10k » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:33 am

ElIndio wrote:Pleased you guys have managed to get Panzer Corps onto Steam. Hopefully this will generate some more revenue for future content and bring the game to a wider audience etc. Personally, I think I will stick with my 'clean' / non Steam version though :D , absolutely nothing against Steam, which I think has massively improved over the last couple of years as a service and is no doubt the future for most PC games, but I like my Panzer Corps install as it is.
QFT. I will stay away from Steam with my hard copy serial code of PC. Nothing against Steam, it has it pros and cons, but I'm just to old to get excited about achivements ...

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 13498
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:19 am

Re: Yet another steam (Digital Distro) thread

Post by IainMcNeil » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:46 am

You can find details of how the redeem system will work here. It will go active when the game launches tomorrow, ~9am Pacific Time as Steam have to be in the office to activate it.

viewtopic.php?f=121&t=48773

Raisti
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:43 pm

Re: Yet another steam (Digital Distro) thread

Post by Raisti » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:27 pm

So you finally did it ;)

Just came back because im curious how it went for You Slitherine Guys.

But i guess i already have my answer because you are adding more and more games to steam (Just bought Hell from you ^^)
which you wouldnt do if it was going bad ;)

But i would really be interessed to hear your story. What was good and what was bad after you decided to release on steam.

/edit Sorry for Thread necro but i am really curious how it all went for you ;)

impar
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Posts: 452
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:53 am
Location: Portugal

Re: Yet another steam (Digital Distro) thread

Post by impar » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:50 am

ArsTechnica made an article about Steam. Panzer Corps is mentioned at least once:
Steam Gauge: Measuring the most popular Steam games of 2014
...
Image
...
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/03/s ... s-of-2014/

VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine
Posts: 7939
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:33 pm
Location: Portugal

Re: Yet another steam (Digital Distro) thread

Post by VPaulus » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:35 pm

Thanks for the heads up. :)

goose_2
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017
Posts: 2594
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:22 am
Location: Winterset, Iowa
Contact:

Re: Yet another steam (Digital Distro) thread

Post by goose_2 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:55 pm

I had no idea this game was that popular to get on a list like that. That is so cool.
I know I have put in a lot of hours on this game since getting it.
Panzer Corps is the only game I play.
So much fun.
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ

kop101
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:42 pm
Location: Ukraine

Re: Yet another steam (Digital Distro) thread

Post by kop101 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:24 pm

yesterday was one year anniversary since release on steam :D

Post Reply

Return to “Panzer Corps”