1.05 update,could you tell me all changes?

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

lukasio
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

1.05 update,could you tell me all changes?

Post by lukasio » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:39 am

Hello i have downloaded patch 1.05,but where can i fing all changes that has been made?thank you. :?: :idea:

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:47 am

It's not officially announced yet - thats coming later today but you can check for updates and grab 1.05.

The main changes are:
- 4 new MP maps
- Added a number of new Soviet units - IS1, KV85, BS3, 85mmM1939, Soviet guards, Soviet SMG and Soviet conscripts
- New layer in the tileset used for custom hex markings
- Fixed a number of strings issues in English and German versions
- Fixed window mode turning on by itself occasionally
- Various other bug fixes

lukasio

Post by lukasio » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:03 am

iainmcneil wrote:It's not officially announced yet - thats coming later today but you can check for updates and grab 1.05.

The main changes are:
- 4 new MP maps
- Added a number of new Soviet units - IS1, KV85, BS3, 85mmM1939, Soviet guards, Soviet SMG and Soviet conscripts
- New layer in the tileset used for custom hex markings
- Fixed a number of strings issues in English and German versions
- Various other bug fixes
Thank you.i will wait till official ann. I have tryed to check for updates,and i was surpised that 1.05 is out:)

PanzerG
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by PanzerG » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:04 am

iainmcneil wrote:It's not officially announced yet - thats coming later today but you can check for updates and grab 1.05.
oooo...does that tell me, DLC 41 will also be announced/released today ? :)

bebro
The Artistocrats
The Artistocrats

Post by bebro » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:16 am

Thanks for the hint, I thought it would be tommorrow :)

soldier
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by soldier » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:25 pm

downloading through matrix :cry:
maybe it'll be finished by tommorow

spoiled996

Post by spoiled996 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:34 pm

After a 20 minute download I got an error message that "an error occured while downloading information from the server" "Unable to download file"

bebro
The Artistocrats
The Artistocrats

Post by bebro » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:36 pm

Dl-ed and installed the update without any probs :)

One question though: it seems the editor still generates encrypted scenario files - is this the latest version or will the editor be updated as separate download, like the recent one mentioned in the scn forum?

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:37 pm

The mirror links are going up - here is one that is already set up - http://www.patches-scrolls.de/panzer_co ... rmacht.php

If you have problems try this instead.

berndN
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by berndN » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:52 pm

iainmcneil wrote:The mirror links are going up - here is one that is already set up - http://www.patches-scrolls.de/panzer_co ... rmacht.php

Thanks a lot!!!!

airbornemongo101
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by airbornemongo101 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:49 pm

iainmcneil wrote:The mirror links are going up - here is one that is already set up - http://www.patches-scrolls.de/panzer_co ... rmacht.php

Thanks for getting the patch out you guys
....that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain.......and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.

Always remember, Never Forget:

Box 8087

5 - 5 - 5 - 5

Anthedon
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Anthedon » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:55 pm

Boy am I glad this is fixed, for such a minor issue it irked me a lot.

Now all I need is new DLC.

Good job!

Rood
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by Rood » Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:05 pm

I also noticed that the seed for any attack is generated again after each load?

I read something about an option/cheat to always have the predicted combat results as the exact outcome but this is different than it was before?

Damn now I have to restrain myself for not reloading too much to get some favorable combat results :oops:

deducter

Post by deducter » Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:16 pm

I also noticed that the seed for any attack is generated again after each load?

I read something about an option/cheat to always have the predicted combat results as the exact outcome but this is different than it was before?

Damn now I have to restrain myself for not reloading too much to get some favorable combat results
I guess this doesn't matter too much for those of us who don't want to save/reload anyway, but why is this not an option? "Preserve random seed" should at least be an option at the start of a game.

flakfernrohr
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by flakfernrohr » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:01 pm

I downloaded this update some hours ago and the new units are not in the graphic units folder. I guess something happened. Also curious to know if the download will go to all the different PzC installations on my computer, I have four seperate ones.
Old Timer Panzer General fan. Maybe a Volksturm soldier now. Did they let Volksturm drive Panzers?

Wings
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by Wings » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:44 pm

flakfernrohr wrote:I downloaded this update some hours ago and the new units are not in the graphic units folder. I guess something happened
No, they are there. You just shouldn't install the game in 4 locations, that's just asking for trouble.
flakfernrohr wrote:Also curious to know if the download will go to all the different PzC installations on my computer, I have four seperate ones.
No, of course not. Do you really think that a developer (any developer) should check whether you have their software installed 4 times on the same computer? :)

flakfernrohr
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by flakfernrohr » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:20 pm

Wings, since you offer no help, only ridicule, I can only suggest one thing to you....................but that would not be proper on the forum.
Last edited by flakfernrohr on Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Old Timer Panzer General fan. Maybe a Volksturm soldier now. Did they let Volksturm drive Panzers?

rezaf
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by rezaf » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:24 pm

deducter wrote:I guess this doesn't matter too much for those of us who don't want to save/reload anyway, but why is this not an option? "Preserve random seed" should at least be an option at the start of a game.
Heh, Rudankort, should you stumble across this thread and post, I hope you're chuckling along with me for a bit. :wink:
_____
rezaf

VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:26 pm

Well I too have several Panzer Corps installations. But I use GME, so I guess it only counts as one. :wink:
Are you having issues with the new units, Flakfer?

rezaf wrote: Heh, Rudankort, should you stumble across this thread and post, I hope you're chuckling along with me for a bit. :wink:
_____
rezaf
I'm too. :lol:

deducter

Post by deducter » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:33 pm

About the random seed thing, my main concern is MP. There have been occasions where I lost Internet connection between downloading and uploading a MP game. In that case, I have to redownload the MP game and play my turn again. On the rare occasion that has happened, I have tried to play my moves the same.

There needs to be the "no undo" and some sort of stronger game-fidelity protection for MP.

Return to “Panzer Corps”